Favourite .22lr ammo?

I’ll be getting back in to some rimfire shooting in a bit. Haven’t owned one since maybe 7 or 8 years ago, so availability of the ammo I used to favour has no doubt changed!

I found Eley subsonic hollow points were always accurate, no matter what gun I tried them with.

So i’m looking for some info as to which subsonic hunting rounds people are using and which ones they find most consistent and accurate, please 🙂

If you’re happy to do so, please indicate which model rifle you’re using with them.

Thanks all.

I've stopped using winnies in my 452 because the spent cases were jamming in the chamber. I've started using Eley and Cci and have had no problems.

I tried the winnies in my 457 and they jammed too but Eley and Cci are no problem either. Tried Norma's but found they were not quite as 

accurate but not that far off. 

On 04/11/2022 at 00:29, THEINVISIBLESCARECROW said:

I find all CCI ammo is tight to chamber in my CZ452, they shoot well enough & extract OK but I now avoid CCI.

I have the same problem with CCI in my 452 varmint. I started having jams with the Winchester subs as well, then some Eley. After a good clean of the chamber and a light touch of fine abrasive wrapped around a dowel all was good. Still a problem with CCI though, the CZ chamber seems to be cut to a very tight tolerance.