2022 New years Honours list..

ditchman

its not like me to moan......but i draw the line at this total stupidity.......

Sir Grayson Perry....

i ask you ....how does a middle aged man (sort of...i use the word loosly)...who wears 1950's...60's granny clothes and rubbish make up...(lots of thick lipstick)......who's artwork is quite frankly purile...pathetic.....childish..............gets a bloody Knighthood

the honours list should be banned....its just a bloody joke pandering to the bloody woke jockies......

i am beyond words....

It has always been the same but has got much worse in this century.

The weird ones devalue the honour for the genuine hard working charity types.

I have always felt that most of the recognisable recipients are only doing their job and the "honour" is unnecessary.

Over 1100 handed out this year but at least Beckham didn't get his Knighthood again!

5 hours ago, ditchman said:

Sir Grayson Perry....

i ask you ....how does a middle aged man (sort of...i use the word loosly)...who wears 1950's...60's granny clothes and rubbish make up...(lots of thick lipstick)......who's artwork is quite frankly purile...pathetic.....childish..............gets a bloody Knighthood

the honours list should be banned....its just a bloody joke pandering to the bloody woke jockies......

i am beyond words....

As London Best would say...NAIL ON HEAD.   The whole system is a joke.

This lady gets my vote..Dame Mary Quant, who is widely credited with popularising the mini skirt, joins the exclusive Order of the Companions of Honour. It is reserved for people who have made a major contribution to the arts, science, medicine or government, and has only 65 members at any one time.

5 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have always felt that most of the recognisable recipients are only doing their job and the "honour" is unnecessary.

Over 1100 handed out this year but at least Beckham didn't get his Knighthood again!

After all that queueing too!

7 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

if you have been proved to be complicent in not paying your tax..(evasion) you will never get a knighthood....thats why lester piggot lost his...!

13 hours ago, ditchman said:

Sir Grayson Perry....

i am beyond words....

He's a man but cross dresses, how is that anything to do with woke-ism? I'm sure his art is good but I am not arty so couldn't say but it seems that we are in the minority as he is held in high regard. 

17 minutes ago, henry d said:

He's a man but cross dresses, how is that anything to do with woke-ism? I'm sure his art is good but I am not arty so couldn't say but it seems that we are in the minority as he is held in high regard. 

I am sure that Kevin Sinfield is 100% more deserving of an award than Grayson Perry.

4 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I am sure that Kevin Sinfield is 100% more deserving of an award than Grayson Perry.

I don't think that he has hit his high point yet, but yes he does. I wonder if he might have been in line for the England head coach job but wanted to be flexible enough to do both defence coach and MND work?

4 minutes ago, old'un said:

Hook line and sinker.

In what way?

A good mate's son-in-law has just got the MBE. Has toured Bosnia and Afghanistan and works helping former Forces personnel who are homeless/ have mental issues related to their service. He never mentions his work and will only discuss if asked. Modest, hardworking and a million miles away from Grayson Perry.

On 31/12/2022 at 17:11, henry d said:

He's a man but cross dresses, how is that anything to do with woke-ism? I'm sure his art is good but I am not arty so couldn't say but it seems that we are in the minority as he is held in high regard. 

Quite right........the Scots have been doing it for centuries   !

4 hours ago, Gordon R said:

A good mate's son-in-law has just got the MBE. Has toured Bosnia and Afghanistan and works helping former Forces personnel who are homeless/ have mental issues related to their service. He never mentions his work and will only discuss if asked. Modest, hardworking and a million miles away from Grayson Perry.

One right at least then?