Man killed by toilet in London !

ditchman

just been reported that a man has been killed by a teliscopic toilet in London............

1. this is why i live in the country
  2. how embarrasing for the gentelman and his family
  3. technology is becoming too dangerous
  4. was the toilet plugged into A.I.
  5. is this the first case of toiletcide ?
  6. has the toilet been charged ?

i am beyond words as to this tragic happening................how on earth could this happen.......imagine having to fill the paperwork in....the inquest...what do you put on the headstone

how awful............:w00t:

11 minutes ago, ditchman said:

just been reported that a man has been killed by a teliscopic toilet in London............

1. this is why i live in the country
  2. how embarrasing for the gentelman and his family
  3. technology is becoming too dangerous
  4. was the toilet plugged into A.I.
  5. is this the first case of toiletcide ?
  6. has the toilet been charged ?

i am beyond words as to this tragic happening................how on earth could this happen.......imagine having to fill the paperwork in....the inquest...what do you put on the headstone

how awful............

You missed one!

7. What the **** is a telescopic toilet?

1 hour ago, bluesj said:

You missed one!

7. What the **** is a telescopic toilet?

its a toilet in central london that sits flat to the ground and is unseen and at night  around leicester square they pop up so the men /women/things can use it instead of piddling in the shop doorways  in my opinion they shouldnt be there the last thing i want to see with my mrs on a night out at the theatre is some drunken slob with his johnson out 

Bring back these? The last one in Paris used to be outside La Sante Prison on Boulevard Arago. I saw it in the late 1990s but by the late 2000s it had gone. It certainly isn't last time I passed La Sante in 2022 there. Of if it was I was concentrating on the road ahead.

http://joeb-tallyho.blogspot.com/2012/01/last-old-time-public-urinal-or-pissoir.html

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Permit to work? 

Indeed, and one would normally expect LOTO (Lock Out/Tag Out) as well as a physical support when working underneath something held up with hydraulics. Even basic model tipper truck backs come with a foldable prop these days to support the tipper bed when working beneath it.

16 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

Why do the BBC always put silly factoids at the end of their articles.

"The telescopic urinal is close to the Palace Theatre, home to Harry Potter and the Cursed Child."

well it could be headlines on the Sun........

"Prince Harry traps frozen todger.in hydraulic toilet....Price William and kate laugh their tits off outside Pizza express waiting for Andrew and his order"

7 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Indeed, and one would normally expect LOTO (Lock Out/Tag Out) as well as a physical support when working underneath something held up with hydraulics. Even basic model tipper truck backs come with a foldable prop these days to support the tipper bed when working beneath it.

Looks very like the RAMS were ignored.

I would imagine that the facility is like a telescoping dustbin.  Matey was working inside it and some mishap caused it to retract into the ground and he was crushed by the hydraulics attempting to stow it down into the ground as per its daytime position. Sad but an industrial accident.  Some of these industrial accidents are caused by tech's working on machines and overriding things to get the machine to display a fault and because it is a non standard test things can and do go wrong.  Sad result.

Condolances to the poor chaps family, this must have been a horrific incident, it occured in just about the busiest area in central london and presumably the mechanism would not have much space around it, i presume the events would have been seen and heard by many, 

R.i.p

There was a chap who lived in the same village as me. He was a bit of an annoyance with the neighbours and loved gadgets. Not afraid to shout about the place but would soon lose his nerve I found with as much as a disapproving look or a pointed finger. You have probably encountered the type. 

I am reliably told he had a new spanky pants toilet whose lid would open up side ways as you sat over it and close again automatically. So a 50/50 split left to right like automatic bombay door or something. 

One pleasant sunny summer afternoon there were some terrible screams followed by a fire engine and an ambulance. These went on for a while. He was apparently "wiping up" and had momentarily lifted himself, the seat being a good automatic loo seat began closing, but couldn't  finish the cycle as it clamped his nackers. Being the good loo seat it was, it kept trying. 

I don't know what the pressure was but I'm told it sounded awful and could be heard for a considerable distance. They had to cut the power and physically pull it apart to release him. Oh the hilarity of big burly fireman releasing his nuts in the cramp confines of trap 1. 

The village was amused.