Only in Krankie Land

billytheghillie

That's nothing new i remember years ago folk on the bru trying to get extra money saying they where a Alky 

40 minutes ago, Scully said:

From millionaires to the destitute, drug abuse or dependancy isn’t really a lifestyle choice, there can be countless other factors involved. 

But i for one are not interested IT WAS THERE CHOICE TO SHOVE THAT STUFF UP THERE NOSE OR INJECT IT 

Now they get a allocated time to go to a chemist and get methadone and a lot of police time is taken up by junkies who rapidity steal stuff as they ned to pay for there daily fix  

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Bigbob said:

That's nothing new i remember years ago folk on the bru trying to get extra money saying they where a Alky 

But i for one are not interested IT WAS THERE CHOICE TO SHOVE THAT STUFF UP THERE NOSE OR INJECT IT 

Now they get a allocated time to go to a chemist and get methadone and a lot of police time is taken up by junkies who rapidity steal stuff as they ned to pay for there daily fix  

Totally agree Bob, it is there choice, no one is running about sticking needles, substances into there body, they do it on there own accord. As for the mental health, family situations, under pressure carp, it doesnt wash with me. Simple solution= say no!

8 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Your grasp of this is clearly on a par with that of your grasp on ‘carriers’ of covid and vaccines! 😀

6 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Totally agree Bob, it is there choice, no one is running about sticking needles, substances into there body, they do it on there own accord. As for the mental health, family situations, under pressure carp, it doesnt wash with me. Simple solution= say no!

That is the attitude that causes so many deaths from suicide, mostly amongst men. It's the attitude that stops people looking for help in the right areas and it's the attitude that drives them to drink. I've seen it far too often for it to feel anything other than commonplace. Then it's left to people like me to help pick up the pieces for their kids. 

You know what I hear from the adults about their drinking? 'I never thought it would happen to me'. Nobody chooses it. Some are much more prone to it than others, but for many, it's insidious. It creeps up without them ever aware it's happened. It is not THEIR choice. It's often too late way before they're conscious a choice could have ever been made.

My issue with this method of treatment is that alcohol inhibits cognitive processing. Allowing people to keep drinking stops them from thinking clearly and hides the reality of their own situation. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and that it does work, because for some it will be the only thing that does, but I'm not convinced yet. 

8 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

That is the attitude that causes so many deaths from suicide, mostly amongst men. It's the attitude that stops people looking for help in the right areas and it's the attitude that drives them to drink. I've seen it far too often for it to feel anything other than commonplace. Then it's left to people like me to help pick up the pieces for their kids. 

You know what I hear from the adults about their drinking? 'I never thought it would happen to me'. Nobody chooses it. Some are much more prone to it than others, but for many, it's insidious. It creeps up without them ever aware it's happened. It is not THEIR choice. It's often too late way before they're conscious a choice could have ever been made.

My issue with this method of treatment is that alcohol inhibits cognitive processing. Allowing people to keep drinking stops them from thinking clearly and hides the reality of their own situation. I genuinely hope I'm wrong and that it does work, because for some it will be the only thing that does, but I'm not convinced yet. 

And another good post. 

19 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

What a load of bull manure, " Nobody chooses it " ?  I chose not to drink, i chose not to stick needles in my arm. Everyone has a choice, you either say yes or no.

13 hours ago, chrisjpainter said:

Come again?

Wrote a post while on a nightshift which is never a good time to express oneself, so thought better of it. Does arguing with strangers on the other side of the planet actually make anything better anyway? There's a lot of alcoholism in my extended family and even in my nuclear family (mother). Let's just say I'm not sympathetic. 

My wifes family are funny with their Step-Dad - He "was an alcoholic" - for me it is Nope - he uses drink as an excuse to get out of things buut he isn't an alcoholic because he can walk into a pub and have a drink with or without a meal and leave it at that.

He got made redundant just before my wedding to his daughter - got a bit of a payout - and then proceeded to spend all day in the pub drinking and playing pool - then come home and cry to my wife that he can't afford to pay anything towards the wedding. As soon as we were married he stopped drinking and went working on the taxi's

1100 press conference.. we will find out if just resigning from FM post or as an MSP as well... Bear in mind ,Polis are still investigating the missing £600k (could only be authorised By Krankie and her husband, not forgettinge there are numerous law suits pending over COVID deaths in care homes and that this might be the real reason together with the GRA fiasco, rather than the no doubt, "can only shoulder the burden for so long" lines that will be trotted out at the press conference.

I’m amazed at how well the Welsh and the Scottish are doing on their respective journeys to independence - be careful what you wish for….

Mind you, there’s some people in Europe probably saying the same about us and Brexit 😆

Just now, Stonepark said:

rather than the no doubt, "can only shoulder the burden for so long" lines that will be trotted out at the press conference.

That’s a solid bet.

The left, the brain dead woke and the luvvies lapped that ‘line’ up when that idiot in New Zealand jumped off her particular sinking ship.