• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Dougy said:

In 82 i thought you'd still be wrapped up in your dads "Y" fronts

I’m a 81 baby 😂

2 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Proper blizzard on my way home through rural Bedfordshire, although it's stopped now.

I've told the Mrs to expect a few inches tonight.

Dont put yourself down😂

24 minutes ago, scutt said:

In the sixties the snow was piled up that deep that a local lads claim to fame was he had a sheit on top of a lamp post.

rarely i am impressed....but that is amazing...what a story to tell your grandchildren........

still no snow here....quite mild infact

South west Kent. Just bands of rain coming through all day. Foggy in Hastings this afternoon.  Earlier in the day between bands of rain I  saw and felt the SUN  and for about a minute it was really hot. Don't  despare people,  the sun will return and some people will be heard moaning...... ohh it's too hot,,, i can't put up with it.  AND fat ginger people will be lobster red and have  to be hosed down so that they don't melt and catch fire.  ROLL ON global warming.

11 hours ago, Centrepin said:

It arrived here a few hours ago, unfortunately I don't think I'll get to my permission tomorrow 😢

Screenshot_20230309_111436_Swann Security.jpg

Screenshot_20230309_111535_Ring.jpg

Screenshot_20230309_111630_Aiwit.jpg

jeesus how many cameras do you have ....where the **** do you live Belfast........minefield/trip wires/claymore's.bungy sticks......

10 minutes ago, discobob said:

We have had about a foot of snow since it started on Wednesday night - cleared it yesterday from the front of the house - futile task as we have had about another 3 or 4 inches since then.

My glassback is killing from clearing the snow.

On the basis that it came on it’s own so it can go on it’s own, I never clear snow. 
If the Defender can’t get out of the drive, then I don’t want to go out!

I'll never forget the conversation I had with 2 Canadian women at the airport in Gran Canaria about 10 years ago. 

Their plane was being diverted from Heathrow to Gatwick due to excessive snow, they asked me what conditions would be like when we got there, 'How many METRES were we looking at?' 

I told them it would more accurate to measure in millimetres, and likely less than 10mm (less than half inch in old money) they thought I was winding them up! 

Until we landed, into what was probably 5mm of snow. 

They were used to having to dig there cars out in Montreal in winter months before driving to work.