I am off to protest: 20mph Wales

discobob

4 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Cyclists are not obliged to adhere to speed limits.

4 hours ago, Yellow Bear said:

Thanks for this, however, this should no longer be the case with the increases in technology.

Following on from this I offer the iniquity 

Moped - petrol motor assisted pedal power - fully covered by law ie helmet, tax, insurance, number plate,  RFL, speed limits, and test or L plates.

Electric cycle - electric  motor assisted pedal power - NOT covered by law ie   NO  helmet, tax, insurance, number plate, RFL, speed limits, and test or L plates.

Both travel at similar speeds but one must not "pick on" the cyclist???:mad:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can make any speed limit you like, if it's not policed and the good driving folk of this country don't care there's no point. I say this as I live on a 30mph and very few do 30mph, at night HGVs fly along at about 50 mph. All quite sad because I lived in a small. Village in Germany for some time and all most all drove through at 30km a hour. Education is need not just on road sense but drugs knife crime and respect, we've had it. 

After the signs have been put up and the roads painted, at huge cost, I am sure that the Welsh will do what they did in Hay-on-Wye with parking restrictions, when my parents lived there. Double yellow lines painted everywhere, all ignored, except for the one day a month that Dai the traffic warden came along from Brecon 😂

I live on a 20mph speed limit road, the average speed is around 30mph. The average speed on most 30mph roads is in excess of 35mph. A pedestrian knocked down at 30mph or less, is more likely to survive, albeit with injuries. I would ban repeat offending drivers for LIFE. The standard of driving is appalling, it is now quite common to count 4 or 5 vehicles running a red light. Simple answer.......fit ALL traffic lights with a speed/red light camera, it would stop the idiots straight away. 

5 hours ago, manthing said:

Just  question, but does the Glorious Leaders motorcade with the polis outriders travel at 20mph through the streets? 

Didn’t see the speed but he had an unmarked police car

4 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

They will say for security reasons they have to go faster.

Big cars are to easy to hit with eggs at 20mph

The lad that threw one missed though!!

4 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

With this new rule is it possible that 40 and 50 MPH sections will suddenly reduce to 20 MPH ( old 30mph) and cause heavy braking

We have 60 going to 20 round here

18 hours ago, Westley said:

I live on a 20mph speed limit road, the average speed is around 30mph. The average speed on most 30mph roads is in excess of 35mph. A pedestrian knocked down at 30mph or less, is more likely to survive, albeit with injuries. I would ban repeat offending drivers for LIFE. The standard of driving is appalling, it is now quite common to count 4 or 5 vehicles running a red light. Simple answer.......fit ALL traffic lights with a speed/red light camera, it would stop the idiots straight away. 

This. 

But some fool lawyer would claim its against their 'uman rights...😠

I watched some minister for climate change state that deaths had fallen but had reached ‘a plateau’. 
Why don’t reporters ask the relevant questions? Why didn’t they ask ‘ so when deaths reach a plateau regards 20 mph do you intend to reduce it to 10mph?’ 

If it’s deaths they’re concerned about then that has to be the logical next step surely. 

1 hour ago, discobob said:

130K now - I signed it when it was about 2k and it wasn't that long ago!!!!

I signed it last night at approx 22:00 and it was on 120k. At 10:00 this morning it's on 142k. Seems to be gaining momentum fast but the real question is, will the Senedd pull the plug on this before it gains 500k+ signatures and hold a false debate as they did on the last one? Or will they allow it to carry on to point where it really cannot be ignored? 

It feels to me that the Senedd is often prone to ignoring anything other than their own opinion and they'll double down on this despite the clear dislike of these new speed limits from the vast majority of the population.