ROLL UP ROLL UP WIN THE ELIXIR OF LIFE! well sort of...

7daysinaweek

Below is a pic of a recent shop done at Costco.

We do a stock up every six months or so on some essentials and always end up throwing some rubbish in the trolley. The shop among other things has a case of wine, large case loo rolls, several big bag freezer items, large birthday cake (was my daughter's) case of coke (for over christmas) and quite lot of other items that you cannot see in the trolley. The trolley is larger than the large supermarket trolleys.

To whoever can guess what the nearest total cost was will win 15 bottles of my homemade elderflower champers. This years batch is a lot drier than the usual sweeter batches and this was due to using champagne yeast in the batch. Alcohol wise it is not overly potent but can make one a 'little merry'.

Will anounce the winner tomorrow eve at 21.00.

I will post it out to the winner in the next couple of weeks delivered to your door. Best way to quaff it is to leave it in the fridge for 24 hours as the cooling drives the c02 back into the liquid. Drink it straight if you like dry, if not add a little lemonade to sweeten. 

If on tasting that it is not to your palate, simply use it as a 'fragrant drain cleaner' and I will not be offended in any way. :lol:

Disclaimer: Quaff at your own risk.

IMG-20231016-WA0000.jpg

rsz_120230622_230030.jpg

rsz_20230615_192131.jpg

Edited by 7daysinaweek

46 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

Ha ha, I'm coming this week, ammo is £20  or more a slab cheaper than here. 

Probably my last holiday before Christmas 🤶

Hope you enjoy your stay , if you are fishing all the inland rivers are high but you might get some good fishing on the Broads , today is a lovely day to be out , the sun is out , the wind have dropped and the air is clean ,  lets hope you get a few days of the same type of weather , All the best     John.

By the way 7diaw .... My wife worked in a supermarket and she racon the trolly hold about £55 worth of goods 😋

Edited by marsh man

AND THE WINNER IS; DRUM ROLL ........... Docleo with the highest guess at £178.50

The actual cost for the whole trolley was eye watering and even I was shocked at £305.44. Quite a few were hidden items that could not be seen in the trolley such as a bulk pack of razor blades at £26 which were the single most expensive thing in the trolley. But to me when we got to the checkout even though the trolleys are very, very big it still looked sparse.

Made me bloody wallet sparse I know that.

Costco, should be called 'COSTBLOW' :lol:

Anyway congratulations Docleo and will send you a pm. 

Thank you all for taking part.

atb

7diaw

Edited by 7daysinaweek