Bee sting

ditchman

getting ready to go out this morning at 9 for the MOT (car)....put my coffee cup in the sink and reached for the kitchen cloth behind the tap.............then....WHAM    got stung right in the palm of my hand...........

i have been about and i have had my fair share of being bittern and stung...............but i have never been stung like that ..ever.........it was like a high amperage blue flash shock in the palm of my hand followed by the feeling of a 6" red hot nail being slowly puched thro' my hand...........it nearly poleaxed me ...my knees went weak and it was sooooo painful...felt my heart rate quicken and started to feel queasy....poured TCP into the middle of my cupped hand after checking for a sting...TCP made it worse for a few secs then slowly...started to take the "bite" out of it

checked the sink and found a wasp..........the wasp was about the same size as a good british wasp but the markings were different browny dirty yellow stripes and dirty brown stripes....different to the British wasp which is bright yellow striped

Went to the MOT place ...did not feel well.....came back had a marmalade sarnie and some Ibrufen......1/2 an hour later pain starting to go....but left my hand feeling if all the bones and joints had artherritus..................its 2 oclock now im feeling better but not right...going for a lay down...............

i rekon ive been bitten by one of these european wasps we have been warned against...........

MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWARE..............OF YOU SURROUNDINGS.....AND WATCH YOUR CHILDREN.....AND ANIMALS.....if your kids get stung like i got stung ...it will hurt them..HURT THEM BAD

check with your doc what prevention you should have in stock at home and when you are out.........

THESE ARE NASTY....VERY NASTY CRITTERS

47 minutes ago, ditchman said:

getting ready to go out this morning at 9 for the MOT (car)....put my coffee cup in the sink and reached for the kitchen cloth behind the tap.............then....WHAM    got stung right in the palm of my hand...........

i have been about and i have had my fair share of being bittern and stung...............but i have never been stung like that ..ever.........it was like a high amperage blue flash shock in the palm of my hand followed by the feeling of a 6" red hot nail being slowly puched thro' my hand...........it nearly poleaxed me ...my knees went weak and it was sooooo painful...felt my heart rate quicken and started to feel queasy....poured TCP into the middle of my cupped hand after checking for a sting...TCP made it worse for a few secs then slowly...started to take the "bite" out of it

checked the sink and found a wasp..........the wasp was about the same size as a good british wasp but the markings were different browny dirty yellow stripes and dirty brown stripes....different to the British wasp which is bright yellow striped

Went to the MOT place ...did not feel well.....came back had a marmalade sarnie and some Ibrufen......1/2 an hour later pain starting to go....but left my hand feeling if all the bones and joints had artherritus..................its 2 oclock now im feeling better but not right...going for a lay down...............

i rekon ive been bitten by one of these european wasps we have been warned against...........

MAKE SURE YOU ARE AWARE..............OF YOU SURROUNDINGS.....AND WATCH YOUR CHILDREN.....AND ANIMALS.....if your kids get stung like i got stung ...it will hurt them..HURT THEM BAD

check with your doc what prevention you should have in stock at home and when you are out.........

THESE ARE NASTY....VERY NASTY CRITTERS

Did the marmalade sarnie help? :)

Reading the title, I thought you'd done something wrong again 😀

On a serious note, you can buy some bite and sting relief spray in a type of pen form. I keep one in my car and one in my bag all year round.

2x Xpel Mosquito Insect Fly Bite Adult & Kids Repellent Tropical PEN Spray https://amzn.eu/d/70KYqjb

Hope you get better soon🤕

Edited by Centrepin
Spelling

21 minutes ago, Imperfection said:

Many years ago when i was 18, a friend was stung (no idea by what). In less than 2 minutes we watched the colour drain out of his face. Seeing this wasn't normal we took him to a&e.

Yup, he was allergic and was quite ill. It made me very wary of wasps etc because i've never been stung before (im now 53).

I’m certainly allergic to the pain!

3 hours ago, ditchman said:
  1. doing a david Baily of a bloody wasp just after being stung was not high on my list
  2. i put savlon up my jacksie not on vernom stings
  3. MOT failed ...rear spring broken

looking at my hand now ..it has barely left a mark

Not one of your better days Simon , I have avoided all stings this year , maybe you get to a certain age and they leave you alone , the worst time I got stung was when I was rodding a blocked drain out , I was straddling the drain when a bloodx Wasp got between my legs and let rip , at first I could put up with the pain , then it just got worse and worse , at it's peak it felt like I had been shot with a air gun , slowly the pain eased but left my leg swollen until the next day .   Hope you are feeling better and can manage to cook your tea .:drinks:

15 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Thought it was ginger that went up the rear 

Prince Harry was no where near me...............

1 minute ago, oneshotkiller said:

Had a friend unfortunately pass away from a wasp sting on Sunday , he had been stung earlier in the week and was unfortunately on his own when he went into shock and was out for 20 mins 

switched off the machines yesterday , frightening what can happen and a sobering thought 

that is awful....but can well believe it..............what has shocked me is how badly it affected me............

feeling much better now...just a hot tingling sensation now............all quite worrying really ...as i have been stung several times out shooting woodies...but has never bothered me...................really pleased today is nearly at an end

just you boys and gals be careful out there...dont be complacent

The description sounds like a hornet and if so there will be LOT MORE OF THEM.   So be careful. If I was there I would be out hunting them even though I am a bit touchy with being stung.  Hunting wàp nests is good sport.... even thought it can be a bit dodgy.   Got to have a plan with method.  K8ll them all...take no prisoners! 

Edited by Minky

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Not one of your better days Simon , I have avoided all stings this year , maybe you get to a certain age and they leave you alone , the worst time I got stung was when I was rodding a blocked drain out , I was straddling the drain when a bloodx Wasp got between my legs and let rip , at first I could put up with the pain , then it just got worse and worse , at it's peak it felt like I had been shot with a air gun , slowly the pain eased but left my leg swollen until the next day .   Hope you are feeling better and can manage to cook your tea.

Shame it was your leg!  :cool1: