EU In or out

old'un

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mischievous scamp within me wants a failure to achieve agreement within these talks only to see what the approach will be from Dave.

It is still a fairly marginal choice for me, but I am increasingly favouring the out option. As a Scotsman there is a risk that this may lend some weight to the nationalists cause and force a 2nd referendum, but that would take time and the background argument for Scottish independence is much weaker than it was in 2014.

The Scottish anomaly towards the EU is based on very little substance, t's just a parroting of the traditional strong voice of Labour and the new rhetoric of the SNP; with proper challenge I think that the Scottish resistance to leaving the EU would be lessened.

Edited by grrclark

Out

Be prepared for some adjustment years but if something ain't working STOP DOING IT

my wife runs a fe college they are waiting of 14 million from the eu and payment dates just plain changed - fact is that money was paid by the UK taxpayers

Do we want these proposed changes to gun laws? Do we want other nations voting us down on UK matters

Democracy is two wolves and one lamb voting on what to eat for lunch Britain is Europe's biggest customer nut has a diminishing say. It will get far worse when Turkey gets in that's even more mep's to vote in things that effect your future and your offspring's future

The consensus seems to be out by PW members but are we being influenced by the concerns over regulations impinging on our sport? My feeling is we will remain in with very little by way of change by 're-negotiation'. I would quite like to out but know that this would mean a breakup of the Union. I don't know which way I will vote at the moment.

Corrupt, costs us too much, can't see any benefit for ordinary people which outweigh the drawbacks, subsidise the rest of Europe? no!

I voted not to join in the first referendum and that was just on creating a single market......now look what the EU has turned into.....

Out!

Being only 32 i obviously was not about when it was first formed, but as you rightly state, it was a single market designed for trade.. Not brussels dictating laws and regulations that the UK abibe by whilst other member states do not..

So I am OUT.

I will vote "Out", but don't honestly know the full effects. We subsidise others in the EU, so in theory leaving would be a net gain.

If we could get a grip of who had the right to be in and also work in the country, we would prosper greatly. Follow that with a look at who was milking our benefits system, whilst not being in the country, would also be a plus.

Sadly, I don't think we have the will or the knowledge to do it.

OUT. Trouble is the numpties who call themselves the SNP are over keen to jump into alliance with the EU. If they are critical of a British Parliament why on earth do they think Scotland could have a strong voice in Brussels even further distant. Lets dump the expensive EU layer of politicians and civil servants and get on with running our own lives.

Blackpowder

Out. We're too good a customer for Europe to impose punitive tariffs on us out of spite, as we could then impose import tariffs and we buy more than we sell.

Sick of decisions being made by people I didn't vote for, it's bad enough being betrayed by people I DID have a hand in electing.

Several billion going to Europe, could be useful here.

Many more reasons. Out.

I just hope the public think the same way PW do, I doubt it though, they will vote the way the media scaremonger's them into doing!

It's undemocratic, unelected officials, huge salaries, billions of ££ of our money totally unaccounted for, flat out refuse to release their books on where the money goes, it's got to be the biggest criminal organisation the world has ever seen!!!!

OUT OUT OUT!!