Any one detest New Years ever

washerboy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had people round and had a great time.

The thing about getting old is that you can't get a decent nights sleep anymore or stay in bed past 9 am no matter how late to bed you were and when you look at mass events like the fireworks on the embankment, you can't but help think (1) how are you all getting home and (2) what if you need to have a poo? Add in queues and impossible to get a beer and it's a total non starter for me.

I just surfaced, went out at 8pm and got back in at 6 in the morning, I rarely go out. I went to a local boozer I not been in for a good 20 years as my usual local burnt down a few weeks ago. Had a great night, bumped into loads of people i have not seen for years, no fools and was a nice sensible atmosphere.

Wife just cooking Sunday din, din's, once I have eaten it will be headphones on and listen to some Chopin and I will be off again to the land of nod! Not back in work til tomorrow eve, happy days!

(2) what if you need to have a poo?

So true. We were watching the highlights of last year's Glastonbury in the early hours of this morning, post-festivities, and all I could think about was how I might set up some sort of leg-bag convene so I could have a pee any time I wanted if I went to a festival.

It doesn't really bother me one way or the other; it's just another day.

It is easy to avoid if I feel that way inclined.

Yep, never celebrated it, I used it as an excuse to cook masses of pork souvlaki last night. Wife was in bed by 10, I fell asleep with my daughter on the sofa and missed it all!

I feel saddened by the new year.

My parents are another year older

My sisters been gone another year

My daughter will be at high school this year.

Life's going quick but I'm alive, healthy ( ish) , have a house, food, drink, my kids are wonderful and healthy.

If I'm honest life's pretty good :)

Oh and I spent New Year's Eve on the sofa with the Mrs with food and drink.

I went to bed , admired the view , said good night and happy new year to my sister and then went to sleep at 1am

Edited by team tractor

Blimey TT glass half empty.

We can fly to the moon and back, talk to people real time on the other side of our planet. We cannot unfortunately go back in time and change things.

Those that are no longer with us would not want us grieving until we ourselves depart this world. I am sure they would want us to be happy for the rest of out time here. In particular your little sis.

I always remember the giggles and silly things that those close to me used to be like before they left.

Like my step dad falling in the Shannon and panicking about his flat cap that was sailing away.

We can fly to the moon and back, talk to people real time on the other side of our planet. We cannot unfortunately go back in time and change things.

Those that are no longer with us would not want us grieving until we ourselves depart this world. I am sure they would want us to be happy for the rest of out time here. In particular your little sis.

I always remember the giggles and silly things that those close to me used to be like before they left.

Like my step dad falling in the Shannon and panicking about his flat cap that was sailing away.

I do giggle especially when I see my kids argue :)

A few days before she died she sat me on her rowing machine and fed me chocolate until I was sick lol.

My house over looks the church 2 miles away so that's why I wish her well.

I also remember the night we lost her. She came home drunk with her boobs falling out giggling . Oh my eyes lol. Mum and dad went nuts :)

But as I say I'm alive and healthy with an awesome family :) a lot of people would love the chance

Edited by team tractor

Exactly.. My dad said life is for the living. Sure, I remenber the the times we had and miss him and others that have made a difference to me. But it's just as, if not more important to have more good times with those around me now.

I find it a bit of pain as it robs me something most other folk take for granted. It's my birthday. Not that that in itself is reason for feeling robbed but you try getting a table in a nice restaurant for a quiet evening out. Even if you could, you'd be paying way over the odds and be surronded by folk that are half cut and singing 'Auld Lang Syne'. I resigned myself to the fact that it ain't ever going to happen so don't worry now and this year was in bed by 10.30pm, woken by poxy fireworks at just before midnight that went on for an hour of more.

I don't celebrate new year, I was in bed by 10.30 pm and woken up at midnight when the neighbours two doors to the left of me and the neighbours two doors to the right of me both set off fireworks on a massive scale for small suburban back gardens for close to an hour. Thought I was in a war zone and I have actually been in a war zone! Don't celebrate birthday either really so you can have my birthday if you like Doc Holliday - 20th April

I love New Year - Unfortunately this year I had a rotten cold so didn't do much, but in general I love the fact I've given the reaper the slip for another year, plus it's fabulous for the optimism and enthusiasm that it generates and the fact you get to hug loads of drunk people and tell them that this year will be better.

It's great to be alive - Celebrate it in any way that you like.

I enjoy New Years Eve, however within the following parameters: Usually have a drink with friends late afternoon, (our children are old enough to come with us now so it is a family affair!) then we all head off home picking up take away's on the way. The home in front of the TV with booze & bwyd (Welsh for food) awake till around 12.15am then bed! The wake up knowing that I have Dry January in front of me!

Cheers (with a cup of tea)

Aled