This will be banned in 3,2,1.......

rovercoupe

I understand the shooting community opposition's towards supporting further legislation given the precedent's that given an inch the authorities will take a mile, however I see no justification for such a ‘firearm'. Hunting with such a device is illegal and it is of no use to target shooters. Its appearances alone naturally attracts undesirable owners who will undoubtedly tar law abiding crossbow and archery owners with the same reputation!

Edited by zipdog

I understand the shooting community opposition's towards supporting further legislation given the precedent's that given an inch the authorities will take a mile, however I see no justification for such a firearm'. Hunting with such a device is illegal and it is of no use to target shooters. Its appearances alone naturally attracts undesirable owners who will undoubtedly tar law abiding crossbow and archery owners with the same reputation!

I reckoned n compound bows should be banned for the same reasons. Why can these people stick to long bows.

I understand the shooting community opposition's towards supporting further legislation given the precedent's that given an inch the authorities will take a mile, however I see no justification for such a ‘firearm'. Hunting with such a device is illegal and it is of no use to target shooters. Its appearances alone naturally attracts undesirable owners who will undoubtedly tar law abiding crossbow and archery owners with the same reputation!

Respectfully, just because you can't see the justification, why would you assume someone else can't?

That's a dangerous path because someone might think you can't justify what you have possess and where does that stop?

I just love all of this let's ban it talk!

:hmm:

I actually quite like the look of that. I also hate the word "ban". Why should it be banned? Certified somehow probably, but not banned.

It seems that in this country the first thing to be shouted when something we don't like appears is "ban it". Having that coming from the shooting community of all places is quite surprising. Applying a logical control method could be a viable alternative and that would almost completely remove the issue of them being used by folk who want them for a criminal activity.

Lets face it, at a grand a pop and a tenner a shot if you don't retrieve your bolt, I can't see many deprived area wannabe gangsters walking the streets with one of these and using it to take pot shots at Mrs Smith's cat. As far as danger is concerned, a car could do far more damage and they're everywhere. A little perspective is needed I think. For a real criminal, a black market Glock could be had for similar money. The ammo would be cheaper, the rate of fire higher and it's considerably more concealable.

Respectfully, just because you can't see the justification, why would you assume someone else can't?

That's a dangerous path because someone might think you can't justify what you have possess and where does that stop?

I just love all of this let's ban it talk!

I thought that. Then I saw the photo!

Just make it a firearm

I certainly think certification is probably better than banning things.i was chatting to a bloke about bows and compound bows and was really impressed with the distance and FPS he was quoting and yet thease aren't licenced why? Thy hunt deer etc in other countries with bow so in the wrong hands they would be dangerous.

Its a very niche market for such things,and as has been mentioned hunting with any type of bow is illegal in this country.

In the US though ,these things have been available for a while now,and bow hunting is very popular over there.

As for banning it ,no.

But it should be a sec 1 simply because its an air weapon firing a projectile at over 12 ft lb.

I think the shooting community is doomed, when I hear fellow sports people advocating banning others enjoyment because they can't see a need for it, what support can we expect off Joe public. I don't claim to know anything about this product, or much about bows in general, but I'd better a pound to a penny there's been very little problems caused by ownership of this product, so why ban it? I find it a very strange attitude, especially when it comes from fellow shooters.

I think the shooting community is doomed, when I hear fellow sports people advocating banning others enjoyment because they can't see a need for it, what support can we expect off Joe public. I don't claim to know anything about this product, or much about bows in general, but I'd better a pound to a penny there's been very little problems caused by ownership of this product, so why ban it? I find it a very strange attitude, especially when it comes from fellow shooters.

Very True A shooters worst enemy is his fellow shooter.

Feltwad

I can see no reason to ban it - It is an air weapon of above 12 ft pounds and therefore covered by an FAC so to acquire and hold it needs to be on ticket. To put on ticket you need good reason to hold - if anyone in the UK can show good reason to hold this I say good luck to them, peronally I can't think of good reason!

It's the sort of thing I could carry when I'm dressed in my black pyjamas, like a ninja and imagining I'm a secret agent assassin.

Waste of time over here on targets - Possibly useful somewhere abroad where you can shoot an arrow at an animal and have more money than sense or something blocking you from having a gun licence.

I have no need for a semi-auto .22lr should we ban them?

It's not my sort of thing but I don't see why it should be banned. All bows and crossbows are designed for hunting which is illegal here but we still find a legal use for them, why will this be any different.

I could see this been good for disabled people to get in to the sport, looks like it would be easier for someone to cock than drawing a bow.