Corbyn & May...BBC

ditchman

So, Corbyn might just crack it and get in (if a donkey put up for Labour, someone would vote for it).

3 months ago people laughed at the thought of a Labour goverment led by this **** and his friends.

Remember no one really expected the Referendum vote outcome as it happened, Trump coming to power or Corbyn who was 200-1 at the bookies to

become Labour leader.

However, if the worst should happen, they will make such a ****s of it that the Tories will soon regain power and have to sort it out yet again.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems hard to believe that in the space of 10 days people are concerned about labour getting in, when the bookies were offering 25-1 on for the tories.

Whats really happened since then? nothing, corbyn is what he has always been, May hasn't been that electric, but then not bad either, seems strange that a bunch of hard left Marxists are putting the wind up people.

Or are they? I think its the dirty media again, but then again there are a hell of a lot of gullible people around.

Very dirty media, the BBC want closing down. They are desperate to see Brexit overturned and Labour negotiations would see we were still fully paid up members in all but name. Like has been said lets hope common sense prevails and half the young Labour voters are too bone idle to go to a Polling station. Corbyn and his Commie crew would be an unmitigated disaster for the country.

Current William Hill odds are Conservative Majority 1/4, Labour Majority 10/1 & No overall majority 7/2 which is more worrying.

Edited by JRDS

Very dirty media, the BBC want closing down. They are desperate to see Brexit overturned and Labour negotiations would see we were still fully paid up members in all but name. Like has been said lets hope common sense prevails and half the young Labour voters are too bone idle to go to a Polling station. Corbyn and his Commie crew would be an unmitigated disaster for the country.

Current William Hill odds are Conservative Majority 1/4, Labour Majority 10/1 & No overall majority 7/2 which is more worrying.

a reduced majority for May would be a disaster, as this was the whole point of calling an election.

Way back when Mrs May called an election, most people knew who they were going to vote for and the Opinion Polls said that the Conservatives would get a large majority.

IMO nothing has happened since then to shake the conviction of anyone who had made their mind up in the beginning.

If you support the Conservatives, make sure you get out and vote, don't be complacent, but all the speculation of Labour winning is just hot air and the fervent wish of the Leftie BBC and other like minded media.

Watched it on catch-up and whilst TM was very polished and confident there was no doubt from the applause and questioning this was not a pro-Tory audience. It seems to me the Beeb would love another big upset even though Jezzer and his pals would be an absolute disaster for the UK and ultimately our sport. Imagine Diane Abbott as Home Secretary?????

I think the thought of Abbot getting into that job, scares me the most.

The last few times I have seen May on TV I was disappointed with her, she is sounding more like she is reading from the party script with very little passion or fight in her replies, whereas Corbyn is trying the Trump approach and saying what people want to hear (lies) and it seems to be working with the Tory's just 5 points ahead in the latest polls, never believe to polls they say, we shall see.

I think the thought of Abbot getting into that job, scares me the most.

if she does we will be the laughing stock of the whole world..........................'coarse you cant say that on television as you would be instantly branded a racist....

a reduced majority for May would be a disaster, as this was the whole point of calling an election.

The world's gone mad your making sense.

Probably just biased air time but I seem to see more of Corbyn than May, hope its just me??

Way back when Mrs May called an election, most people knew who they were going to vote for and the Opinion Polls said that the Conservatives would get a large majority.

IMO nothing has happened since then to shake the conviction of anyone who had made their mind up in the beginning.

If you support the Conservatives, make sure you get out and vote, don't be complacent, but all the speculation of Labour winning is just hot air and the fervent wish of the Leftie BBC and other like minded media.

The British public tend to have very short memories and lets face it there must have been a lot of Labour voters that did not like Corbyn, but! I believe he as had some briefing on how to answer the question put to him and the replies he is now giving are what people want to hear, people do change their mind.

Edited by old'un

The last few times I have seen May on TV I was disappointed with her, she is sounding more like she is reading from the party script with very little passion or fight in her replies, whereas Corbyn is trying the Trump approach and saying what people want to hear (lies) and it seems to be working with the Tory's just 5 points ahead in the latest polls, never believe to polls they say, we shall see.

trump dident lie, he has spent every moment of his presidency trying to implement his objectives and promises, I find it annoying when people throw in an untruth and just expect it to go unchallenged.

His promise to the miners and industry was just implemented by his refusal of the silly paris climate accord, the bloke is a breath of fresh air regardless of his oddities.

So maybe you meant corbyn was trying the Hillary approach.

trump dident lie, he has spent every moment of his presidency trying to implement his objectives and promises, I find it annoying when people throw in an untruth and just expect it to go unchallenged.

His promise to the miners and industry was just implemented by his refusal of the silly paris climate accord, the bloke is a breath of fresh air regardless of his oddities.

So maybe you meant corbyn was trying the Hillary approach.

I suppose what I should have said, he makes/made promises he cannot keep, just like Corbyn.

the brexit vote went through because the remainers thought it was a foregone conclusion that we would vote to stay,so they did not come out in force because someone else would vote stay, and the leave won the day,now after the build up the tories have had i just hope this does not happen at this election,the very worst would be a labour government and next would be a hung parliament.nothing would get settled then,so lets hope the tory voters get out and do the business.

If anything thís is a damning testimony on Teresa. A crack pot loony Marxist is now giving her a run for her money.. I hope if Conservatives scrape the election she stands down and hands control to someone more competent, maybe one of the chuckle brothers?

I dont think she is incompetent, i think the younger generation are lapping up free this free that, £10 minimum wage etc etc.. They dont get that actually all of that is damaging to the economy.

As said before, Labour give it all out at the expense of the deficit and debt, tories come back in to salvage it and get seen as the nasty party

I dont think she is incompetent, i think the younger generation are lapping up free this free that, £10 minimum wage etc etc.. They dont get that actually all of that is damaging to the economy.

As said before, Labour give it all out at the expense of the deficit and debt, tories come back in to salvage it and get seen as the nasty party

What do we expect though mate? I've just done a social work degree, it's a degree that's massively impacted by politics.

When asked 90% of the students said they didn't get involved in politics because they didn't understand it.

You then expect these people to understand the impact policies will have on the country?

Lots of people in this country can't even live within their own means! Credit credit credit! How can you expect them to understand we can't have everything for free and just pass the bill onto the 'rich'.

Lots of people in this country can't even live within their own means! Credit credit credit!.

Dont buy sky tv, fancy branded clothing, fancy cars. I am in no way well off, but I choose not to have a credit card, no sky tv, no fancy clothes from high end shops.

Others expect this as a given.

Ive worked in the public sector for 4 years so pay hasnt increased, but ut hasnt stopped me living within my means. Its all about choices, some choose to over spend and use cards and loans..

To me if corbyn gets elected we are in serious dodo, his whole manifesto relies on keeping tariff free trade with the European union. He has basically shown his cards at the negotiating table and to have this thr Eu can call the shots which in effect would be a massive divorce bill and in reality no change to any of the reasons people voted leave in the first place.

I also can't see how a man that's never worked for a proper business that needs to make a profit can head the negotiations of the biggest and most important business deal this country is ever likely to face.

Dont get me wrong I think the tories have made a massive balls up and this election campaign has been a shambles. Rather than rocking the boat they should of just run with what we got at the moment and sorted brexit out as they are by far the best party to do so instead they come out with all these new policies which really upset the public and have really caused a massive doubt over if they win.

I will be voting tory as agree with most of their policies and being a realist know you can't spend your way out of debt, however I am very disappointed at their decisions in this campaign and genuinely worried about the potential negative results of their gamble.

over the last week I've seen labour drag out a nurse on £22,000 living in poverty and relying on food bank, a police officer on £40,000 living in poverty and relying on food banks. After the arena attack he's using public servants to tug at the heart strings of the voters.