Harry136

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, oowee said:

Oh God, here we go, Remain vs 'hard brexit' (*** is that?). Now add in EVERYONE on a brexit platform, just like you did with remain or does that not suit the agenda?

Edited by mick miller

54 minutes ago, oowee said:

Your right lets not allow considered opinion to get in the way of a good story.

Really ?
So you think a foreign 'investor' paying millions into the coffers of remain groups, and others determined to overturn Brexit before its even happened, groups and media moguls that pay to skew polls and studies that present Brexit as a disaster, again, before its even happened, this is 'considered' opinion ?
Its sounds like illegal foreign meddling in a UK democratic process to me, you know that thing that gets leveled at leavers all the time , but can never be proved ?

Sorry, not read all this but as others have mentioned, I cannot for the life of me see how a massive victory for the Brexit Party has been turned round by the remoaners as a clear indication the electorate want to stay in!

Particularly with a turnout of circa 37% overall, where remoaners were in the order of 49% in a much larger referendum turnout nearly 3 years ago, doesn't sound like they have a leg to stand on! :hmm:

Even the major parties are reluctantly agreeing that the public has had enough of their shenanigans and we need to get out. :good:

I think a lot of potential voters still hadn't known about the Brexit Party, it was so new and not that well publicised.

Yesterday lunchtime my brother in law said "What is this Brexit party they keep going on about? I've never heard of them"  How many more like that? 

Edited by Vince Green

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I think a lot of potential voters still hadn't known about the Brexit Party

You would have to live a very isolated life not to know.

3 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

not that well publicised.

It was very widely publicised, and (where I live anyway) dropped leaflets through the door.

4 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

How many more like that?

Very few I suspect ......... I think he was winding you up  🤣

2 hours ago, bostonmick said:

Don't you mean that those in power can keep pushing out referendum until they get the answer they want rather than what those they are supposed to serve want. Do away with the votes and look we have a dictatorship. 

No, just that no-one knew what they were actually voting for or what a hash this would turn into.

12 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

You would have to live a very isolated life not to know.

It was very widely publicised, and (where I live anyway) dropped leaflets through the door.

Very few I suspect ......... I think he was winding you up  🤣

No he wasn't winding me up and I still believe a lot of people had not made the step up to seeing them as a serious party to vote for. Obviously a lot of people did vote for them but they had only been going ten weeks. If they had been going for a year and had a decent opportunity to get noticed I believe their share would have been over 50%,

15 minutes ago, henry d said:

No, just that no-one knew what they were actually voting for or what a hash this would turn into.

Don't worry on that score. I knew exactly what I was voting for. And I would say it is a bit patronising of you to intimate that the British public are stupid

9 minutes ago, bostonmick said:

Don't worry on that score. I knew exactly what I was voting for. And I would say it is a bit patronising of you to intimate that the British public are stupid

Not all, just some. Those who told my Portuguese friends they would have to leave the UK after the vote, and frankly they aren`t the only ones. Then there is the case of the Boris bus etc etc lots of people bought into it

17 minutes ago, henry d said:

Not all, just some. Those who told my Portuguese friends they would have to leave the UK after the vote, and frankly they aren`t the only ones. Then there is the case of the Boris bus etc etc lots of people bought into it

Not sure what you mean by the Boris bus?

I really can't believe that these people have the front to call for the people to be given the final say on the vote of 2016!

Who the **** do they think voted in 2016! 

Neither Liberal nor Democratic

What arrogance to think they can seek to reverse the outcome of a legally held referendum. Then again, they reversed an election pledge on Student Loans so not that surprising 

Next they will insist we replay the FA Cup until their team wins

Edited by Vince Green

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

No he wasn't winding me up and I still believe a lot of people had not made the step up to seeing them as a serious party to vote for. They aren't a serious party, they are there for the sole purpose of getting us out of the EU, they have no policies other than that! Obviously a lot of people did vote for them but they had only been going ten weeks 6 weeks I believe. If they had been going for a year and had a decent opportunity to get noticed I believe their share would have been over 50%, I suspect you could be right there just the same!

:good:

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Not sure what you mean by the Boris bus?

Yeah you do, here you go...

Former-London-Mayor-Boris-Johnson-speaks

1 hour ago, hedge said:

Just like a GE then? 😊

At least you have another group(s) who can vote against what the "leaders" want to pass into legislation with an elected govt, all we have with brexit is a load of numpties who cannot negotiate the watch system on a two man submarine on 50% leave.

20 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yeah you do, here you go...

Former-London-Mayor-Boris-Johnson-speaks

At least you have another group(s) who can vote against what the "leaders" want to pass into legislation with an elected govt, all we have with brexit is a load of numpties who cannot negotiate the watch system on a two man submarine on 50% leave.

Phew !
I was beginning to think remainers had forgotten about 'the bus' 
Good to know their flagship reason why Brexit is such a miscarriage of democracy is still forefront of their thinkng 😂

8 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Phew !
I was beginning to think remainers had forgotten about 'the bus' 
Good to know their flagship reason why Brexit is such a miscarriage of democracy is still forefront of their thinkng 😂

The bus was just a symptom of the wider unicorn deception. Lets see the facts rather than the bluster and rhetoric. 

53 minutes ago, henry d said:

2 hours ago, hedge said:
3 hours ago, henry d said:

Just like a GE then? 😊

My initial comment was based on your one liner - basically to say that I am sure that a lot of people vote in the GE, not really knowing what they are voting for and that can end in a car crash as well. If you have a majority in Parliament, you can force a lot of things through.

I appear to have touched a nerve, for which I apologise.

I do appreciate you well balanced arguement though about numpties and seamen.....