Predictions on the next labour leadership

Mungler

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

clive lewis has just chucked his hat in the ring.....................he has a bit of history....i cant put my finger on it but there is something i really dont like about him...

still think Jess philips from Brum should add her name to the list.............if they arnt careful ...they will make the same mistake again

Exactly what the wife and I feel, along with some old dear who is to be our new neighbour.

He did a tree planting exercise at my boys school and some of them were fawning over him and other just said “tosspot who didn’t help my case one bit” ( sorry for the language- just conveying the conversation) 

He is just ‘too’ neat which makes me suspicious ( that and the rumours too) 

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Exactly what the wife and I feel, along with some old dear who is to be our new neighbour.

He did a tree planting exercise at my boys school and some of them were fawning over him and other just said “tosspot who didn’t help my case one bit” ( sorry for the language- just conveying the conversation) 

He is just ‘too’ neat which makes me suspicious ( that and the rumours too) 

PM me NOW........................me wanna know...:lol:

Sadly don't rate any of them.

Will take 10 years to overcome their arrogance if ever, but hey ho it matters not, once in "the house" the gravy flows endlessly topped with a generous portions of expenses regardless of any performance as there is sadly no criteria other than to exist?

3 hours ago, old man said:

Sadly don't rate any of them.

Will take 10 years to overcome their arrogance if ever, but hey ho it matters not, once in "the house" the gravy flows endlessly topped with a generous portions of expenses regardless of any performance as there is sadly no criteria other than to exist?

In that case any one of them will do!

On 19/12/2019 at 22:45, Gordon R said:

Right wing is what they need. Left wing has been a disaster. Much as I dislike Blair, he was the only Labour Leader to win an election in the last 45 years. He knew what it took to win - Corbyn's bunch don't.

^^^^^ This from within and then someone with a bit of charisma as the face of the party. I think both parties have it all to play for. Boris is well placed if he can keep the party in check and avoid making a hash of Brexit to dominate the central ground in politics. Labour can only get better but they need to move at least half a dozen steps to the right and even then will rely on the Tories messing up big time to have a chance. 

Looking through the current Shadow Cabinet there is only one possible candidate for Leader;

https://labour.org.uk/people/shadow-cabinet/

Angela Rayner who at least has some credibility.

Of the ordinary back benchers Jess Phillips appears to be honorable.

But there is not much to beat, if they do vote in either Rebecca Long-Bailey or "Sir" Kier Starmer the party will REMAIN un-electable!

39 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Looking through the current Shadow Cabinet there is only one possible candidate for Leader;

https://labour.org.uk/people/shadow-cabinet/

Angela Rayner who at least has some credibility.

Of the ordinary back benchers Jess Phillips appears to be honorable.

But there is not much to beat, if they do vote in either Rebecca Long-Bailey or "Sir" Kier Starmer the party will REMAIN un-electable!

Jonathon Ashworth should come out and say "Yeah ok it was a real conversation, I just couldn't admit it at the time. But look I was right, a complete disaster".

Can't say I know that much about him but he's a likeable enough northern bloke, doesn't seem to be too left wing.

Looks like he'll throw his support behind Raynor though.

12 minutes ago, Mr_Nobody said:

Jonathon Ashworth should come out and say "Yeah ok it was a real conversation, I just couldn't admit it at the time. But look I was right, a complete disaster".

Can't say I know that much about him but he's a likeable enough northern bloke, doesn't seem to be too left wing.

Bit late for that now! He has NO CREDIBILITY after his remarks were recorded and made public. His "banter" comments made him look extremely stupid and inept. He would look even worse if he tried to do a 180 degree turn on that!

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
EXPANSION!

11 hours ago, Mr_Nobody said:

I really despise politicians! Especially those (the vast majority) who prostitute themselves by pulling the party line, even when they know it’s wrong! Ashworth should have come clean, instead of trying to bull **** his way out of it! It just proves he was in it for what’s best for himself and for his political future, rather than what was best for this country!

Maybe Labour should realise we just arn't a very left wing country indeed we arn't a very right wing country. We neither want privatisation of the NHS or nationalisation of BT the only people who suggest either are the noisey aggravating ones who try to drag our largely Centrist electorate their way.

The country is held together by the middle of the road, middle income majority and we should just be left alone to get on with raising families and being nice to each other. 

33 minutes ago, Dibble said:

Maybe Labour should realise we just arn't a very left wing country indeed we arn't a very right wing country. We neither want privatisation of the NHS or nationalisation of BT the only people who suggest either are the noisey aggravating ones who try to drag our largely Centrist electorate their way.

The country is held together by the middle of the road, middle income majority and we should just be left alone to get on with raising families and being nice to each other. 

Well said 👏

1 hour ago, Dibble said:

Indeed...👍

It’s reported Long-Bailey has appointed John Lansman the Chairman and founder of Momentum as an “adviser” it is also reported that her claims regarding her Labour roots, are a figment of someone’s imagination, as her age (2 years old at the time) would make it impossible for her to have experienced what she claimed!

More left wing........ “the end” (objective, to get elected to leader of the Labour Party) “justifies the means” (any lies, deceit and dubious tactics to get there)

2 hours ago, Dibble said:

Well said that man 👌.

2 hours ago, panoma1 said:

It’s reported Long-Bailey has appointed John Lansman the Chairman and founder of Momentum as an “adviser” it is also reported that her claims regarding her Labour roots, are a figment of someone’s imagination, as her age (2 years old at the time) would make it impossible for her to have experienced what she claimed!

More left wing........ “the end” (objective, to get elected to leader of the Labour Party) “justifies the means” (any lies, deceit and dubious tactics to get there)

It gets worse. She's summoned up a fully paid up, badge wearing (literally) Stalinist as her campaign manager. Alex Halligan was seen at the Durham Miner's Gala wearing this badge, a reference to Stalin's supporters' brutal suppression of those who opposed violence by the revolution

image.png.e9399dcdd2ae89ad5e64836d56808ad9.png

Yeah, it's all losing her support with a lot of the moderates - and even the Loony Left members like John McDonnell. He was expected to supporter her, but he's now distanced himself completely. It seems even Corbynistas are baulking at the idea of Long Baily in charge.