Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

I haven't read much of this thread so I apologise if this has been touched on but as much as I may have my tinfoil hat on about this but I've a suspicion spreading this was a deliberate act by the Chinese government. They were once the world's fastest growing economy and they have been making big leaps in stealing the wests technology but in the last little while they have slowed off, been hammered by new sanctions and now with trump wanting people to buy American and brexit happening what better way to get back at the West than hit them in the pocket? They never too shy about murdering a few thousand of their own people to achieve their aims and while britain hasn't had a high mortality rate so far the economy has taken a big hit VERY quickly. We have less than 1000 cases yet our biggest regional airline collapsed almost immediately. To see the effect that had only required me to look at Belfast city airport the day it happened....all but 9 flights that day were meant to be flybe.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think about 3000 have died worldwide of corona virus since the out break started. To put that in perspective  28300 died in the uk of flu in 2014/2015. The yearly average is 17000.  Theres been 70 since october 2019. Last year was quite low with about 1700 so tbe jab probably did some good and it wasn't that cold a winter.

Car crashes, heart attacks, cancer and strokes kill far more. 

I'll not be stock piling toilet paper just yet. 

8 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

but I've a suspicion spreading this was a deliberate act by the Chinese government. T

Sorry, doesn't make sense. China has suffered a massive economic hit from this viru,s and if the virus persists one of the main long term results will likely be a) a fall in Chinese exports and b) that western companies repatriate a significant amount of manufacturing. The balance sheet fragility of a local regional airline is neither here nor there. These kind of businesses are forever going bust..

6 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

I think about 3000 have died worldwide of corona virus since the out break started.

Two thirds of those in Wuhan. Only 600 outside China.

8 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Sorry, doesn't make sense. China has suffered a massive economic hit from this viru,s and if the virus persists one of the main long term results will likely be a) a fall in Chinese exports and b) that western companies repatriate a significant amount of manufacturing. The balance sheet fragility of a local regional airline is neither here nor there. These kind of businesses are forever going bust..

Two thirds of those in Wuhan. Only 600 outside China.

I hope this may make those in China think twice before they eat endangered animals [Pangolin, etc]

37 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

I haven't read much of this thread so I apologise if this has been touched on but as much as I may have my tinfoil hat on about this but I've a suspicion spreading this was a deliberate act by the Chinese government. They were once the world's fastest growing economy and they have been making big leaps in stealing the wests technology but in the last little while they have slowed off, been hammered by new sanctions and now with trump wanting people to buy American and brexit happening what better way to get back at the West than hit them in the pocket? They never too shy about murdering a few thousand of their own people to achieve their aims and while britain hasn't had a high mortality rate so far the economy has taken a big hit VERY quickly. We have less than 1000 cases yet our biggest regional airline collapsed almost immediately. To see the effect that had only required me to look at Belfast city airport the day it happened....all but 9 flights that day were meant to be flybe.

Flybe collapsed as the previous week they were told the £100m loan was not going to happen. Covid19 is a convenient excuse but not the reason for their collapse.

Have a look at Aldegrove airport and you’ll see at least 60 departures.

Edited by Laird Lugton

3 hours ago, Rob85 said:

Sounds more akin to a lobotomy than a tin foil hat🙄

What gets me is the authoritys watch the world get infected and have all this gear and trained staff eagerly on standby then when we get our 1st victim who tests posertive he's gets sent home an told to stay in?? Where is th E T style tent an men in yellow suits an smoke machines men in black ect nope just go home watch a bit of sky ect. Now we have quite the out break. Yesterday my mates brother came home fron 3 week in Vietnam  gets of the plane at Heathrow straight into a taxi then on a train to the Midlands then a taxi to his houce??? How this is OK I do not understand and nope he's not self isolating either. I personally don't like him but the whole situation amaizes me wer either stupid or slow... Remember kids wash ur hands an sing happy birthday for fox sake u can't make it up. I'm even being told that masks don't work like I'm an idiot who's going to believe that someone even said earlier it's on the who website that masks don't work then when I read the website page it said wear a mask?? Honestly I give up I have my water and canned food 

I read today that the significant spread in Italy (and death toll) is linked to the older members of the population’s church going habits and the catholic church’s view that a wipe of the communion cup is all you need when sharing it around. And I suppose you can add in a lick of the fingers as you turn the pages of your hymn / prayer book.

In a similar vein, in Iran it’s been pilgrimage season and that involves popping to holy places across the wider region and kissing holy relics and licking holy walls etc. They have been asked and now told not to kiss and lick holy stuff, but it’s turned into a display of devotion and faith to double down and give it some extra kissing and licking and of course your chosen sky fairy is all the protection you need.

Just typing that out reminded me of a story my mate in the Met once told me when he pulled an African gentleman over for no insurance and was firmly told that ‘God is my insurance’.

He has another great story about a gentleman who pulled ID out of his trousers, they ran the name and he turned out he was wanted - the chap then looked shocked and proclaimed over and over again ‘these are not my trousers’ because incredibly he had woken up that day and accidentally put his twin brother’s trousers on. I digress. 

I dunno if any of these Corona virus stories are factually correct but if it is....

My wife's friend has recently returned from Thailand and only spent 2 nights there deliberately, as she has a business to run here in the UK.  She has gone into 'self isolation', not seeing her husband or kids for 2 weeks, just in case she is infected.  No signs so far and she's due to 'emerge' on Tuesday!  

At the other extreme (or not!)...when illegal immigrants are found here in the UK, either in the back of a lorry or on a boat, are they NOW checked for Corona virus and / or other contagious diseases?  If these people have travelled through Europe from Turkey, Iraq,  Syria, Pakistan, etc, it is possible that they may have contracted something!    

41 minutes ago, Mungler said:

I read today that the significant spread in Italy (and death toll) is linked to the older members of the population’s church going habits and the catholic church’s view that a wipe of the communion cup is all you need when sharing it around. And I suppose you can add in a lick of the fingers as you turn the pages of your hymn / prayer book.

In a similar vein, in Iran it’s been pilgrimage season and that involves popping to holy places across the wider region and kissing holy relics and licking holy walls etc. They have been asked and now told not to kiss and lick holy stuff, but it’s turned into a display of devotion and faith to double down and give it some extra kissing and licking and of course your chosen sky fairy is all the protection you need.

Just typing that out reminded me of a story my mate in the Met once told me when he pulled an African gentleman over for no insurance and was firmly told that ‘God is my insurance’.

He has another great story about a gentleman who pulled ID out of his trousers, they ran the name and he turned out he was wanted - the chap then looked shocked and proclaimed over and over again ‘these are not my trousers’ because incredibly he had woken up that day and accidentally put his twin brother’s trousers on. I digress. 

I dunno if any of these Corona virus stories are factually correct but if it is....

It would not surprise me in the least if there was a high degree of truth to that particular vector for spreading the virus.

Great story about the guy with the trousers too.

9 hours ago, Ozz said:

I'm even being told that masks don't work like I'm an idiot who's going to believe that someone even said earlier it's on the who website that masks don't work then when I read the website page it said wear a mask?? Honestly I give up I have my water and canned food 

The virus is app 0,1 micro meter in diameter, get a mask with a mesh that is fine enough to catch that and it will work.

/Markus

On 06/03/2020 at 15:22, grrclark said:

Every single day the NHS gets £438m, just think about that before you say how they get little money.

🙈 Think about how much G20 countries spend on healthcare every day. The UK spends 9.6% GDP, which is quite small. 
https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/healthandsocialcare/healthcaresystem/articles/howdoesukhealthcarespendingcomparewithothercountries/2019-08-29

8E84E1EF-B2F5-44BA-B75F-73326F80E643.png

9 hours ago, Mungler said:

😂 I do so hope all that is true. Brilliant! 

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, have they laid you off from work ?

No. That's not going to happen The problem is that courses are a set number of hours in length and while the university is closed those hours aren't being taught. Which begs the question- when will they be taught? The worry (and almost certainty) is that the semester gets extended into the summer break.

22 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

when will they be taught?

Would it be possible to do at least some of the course in an 'on line' form - a more modern version of the Open University concept (which I believe has been tagged 'e-learning' - though I don't believe it has any connection with Yorkshire or Lancashire  🤣.)

Edited by JohnfromUK

I have put a bar of soap in a plastic container in my handbag, so I can still wash my hands effectively when out. Lots of toilets either do not have soap or have run out. I don't suppose that is going to improve any.

For those who have access to isopropyl alcohol (IPA) you can make your own sanitizer by diluting the IPA to 70% with 30% water and a few drops of liquid soap or washing up liquid as a wetting agent. Put in a small bottle and carry it with you. You might need to use moisturising cream as it dries the skin a bit.

It needs to be 70% as this knocks viruses better than 100% for some reason.

Do not confuse IPA with the beer of that name. That will just make your hands sticky and the alcohol content isn't high enough. :)

Edited by loriusgarrulus