Stupid bordering Ridiculous.

fatchap

I have been off work this week, hurt my back last Friday trying to shift a full up portastore. Anyway work wanted me to see the doctor. I rang the Doctor first thing Monday morning explained the situation and was told to expect a phone call. I have just recieved said phone call telling me my phone consultaion with the doctor wil be at 11.35am on the...................

Wait for it

Tuesday the 17th of November!!

What is the bloody point of that?, it will more than likely be better by then. It was bad enough before covid trying to get into so the doctor as you had to convince the fully medically qualified receptionist that you do really need to see the doctor and Aspirins won't help/ 

The whole world has gone completely mad. Over the last 40 odd years we have bred a whole society of whimps.

This comment is not aimed at you fc, feel your pain.... well you know what I mean.

My own Doctor told me it is all a bad case of flu. He also said he knows when I ring up for an appointment it is serious and will always see me.

Edited by Walker570

6 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

The whole world has gone completely mad. Over the last 40 odd years we have bred a whole society of whimps.

Not a wimp at all. my job pretty much requires your back to be bullet proof. If you do put your back out, its best to wait till its fully ok otherwise go back too early try to deliver a scissor lift and it will be all over again.

Sorry Walker570 posted this before your edit...

Edited by fatchap

14 minutes ago, fatchap said:

I have been off work this week, hurt my back last Friday trying to shift a full up portastore. Anyway work wanted me to see the doctor. I rang the Doctor first thing Monday morning explained the situation and was told to expect a phone call. I have just recieved said phone call telling me my phone consultaion with the doctor wil be at 11.35am on the...................

Wait for it

14 minutes ago, fatchap said:

What is the bloody point of that?, it will more than likely be better by then. It was bad enough before covid trying to get into so the doctor as you had to convince the fully medically qualified receptionist that you do really need to see the doctor and Aspirins won't help/ 

I bet the Dr is still on full HNS pay

I stuffed my lower back 2 1/2 weeks ago, i di have a supply of Naproxen 250mg & Ibuprofen 400mg on prescription.

neither has been totally effective, i went to see Osteopath on Monday, i had to wait a week for the appointment, he did make a difference & gave me exercises to do ,the 1 hr consultation & treatment for what  i thought was a very reasonable £46.

It is gradually improving & i went out yesterday to zero the Pard 008 & walking about uas almost pain free

Good luck with your back

29 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Wait for it

Think how many pull the , I've hurt my back card, it's not something the doctor is going to rush for, doesn't help you, but you've made the call, take it easy, but don't just sit about.

My back is ok if I am standing up or walking, hence the dog has walked his paws off this week. But sitting down for too long and its agony, and as for lifting that is totally out of the equation. 

I'm coming up on 52 next year and I have said for quite a few years now my job is a young mans game. I'm not the only driver there around my age mark and they are all regular off on sick, either back injury, shoulder injury, pulled muscles etc. One of our drivers is 54 and a lanky 6ft5 2 years he's been here and his back is shot to bits. Never had a problem with his back till he started here. The job just busts you up over time. 

My plan is to make it to 55 if I can, pull 40% of my ICI pension quit and set up with me knife making full time.

I’m 40 next year and my back is better now than years ago . 
I cracked my sternum flipping a bike and I was thinking it’s all over but a chiropractor is an amazing thing and covered by medical insurance through a business if you have it . 
I pay £40 a month and now feel great . It’s witch craft but it’s amazing . 
pain killers just mask the pain 👍. It’s like turning the radio up in the car when you hear a clonking 😂

Edited by team tractor

2 hours ago, team tractor said:

It’s like turning the radio up in the car when you hear a clonking 😂

That's what my wife does - when I get into her banger the first thing I do is turn the radio down. Same with her health - 2nd half of her fifties now but refuses to go to the doctors for various things but makes a lot of noise about it!

1 minute ago, fatchap said:

Its an absolute joke isn't it?

1 minute ago, fatchap said:

Its an absolute joke isn't it?

Fortunately I don't have any concerns so it saves me having to go up there just so they can do a few tests, its always struck me as a box ticking exercise anyway. How they plan to do the tests by video is yet to be explained.

Its like the joke about the man who goes to the doctor who tells him he will be dead in six months unless he has a simple operation

Oh right he says, when do I have the operation?

Well, thats the problem says the doctor, there's a two year waiting list

In April my right hip decided to give up. Telephone chat with GP. I was told that NHS hospitals were refusing to accept GP referrals during lockdown. It then took 9 weeks for a response. The letter said estimated minimum 28 days  before seeing a Consultant and estimated minimum 36 weeks before an operation. 10 months or more of prolonged pain. I had a look at a private op. I learned that rather than clean up capacity in local NHS hospitals where orthopaedic staff are waiting to work, the NHS were block booking private hospitals facilities in Bristol and Bath because those hospitals were clean and COVID free. Crazy.

Edited by Bobba

Same here phoned the doctors to be told you got too phone at 08.30 am to get a appointment  but when you phone you never get threw till 9am mostly to be told that days appointments are full 

I phoned got a appointment with a Dr i had never heard of to phone me back at a set time  be told it could be this could be that 

Waited a fortnight phoned again got my doctor when she called me back , she said can you be here in one hour im taking the phone calls but i want to see you , Phoo pee blood samples your going to the hospital for a scan and xrays , got my app for two weeks time which was yesterday to be told after the scan  there's something there your doctor will get the results in seven to ten day LOL 

My 3 year old son had a serious infection. It was out of hours so I called 111, they said to contact primary care immediately. Waited until the doctor’s surgery opened. They do e-triage. E-triage said to call 111. Their general lines open an hour after the e triage line. I spoke to the receptionist and she said there were no appointments available. I said it was unacceptable and explained the severity of the situation. Eventually she spoke to the practice manage and offered a telephone consultation at 4.30pm that day (a Friday). I said that was not acceptable as he would require a prescription for antibiotics and the timescales meant we would not get an appointment that week if we have a telephone consultation 30 mins before closing. They were brow beaten to agreeing a 2pm telephone appointment. Eventually we had the telephone appointment, which (surprise, surprise) required a physical appointment and antibiotics with a mad panic to get to a pharmacy stocking that rare prescription. 

He’s ok now but I got my GP pal to draft a complaint to the practice manager regarding the poor standard of care. It was written in a way to indicate the next step being a formal complaint to GMC about their serious failings in triage. Sent the email and within an hour had an appointment with the senior partner arranged. We met him and explained that our son is fine but their system of telephone only (during Covid) is going to cost lives. I emailed this too. Basically put them in an impossible position as if anything happens there is a clear negligence as the risk was raised. They have sorted system out now. I can forward the email I sent (redacted) to anyone who is facing similar issues and needs help getting a proper response. 

Edited by WalkedUp

Very rare that I need a doctor. The last time I did I rang reception to be told there are no appointments for three weeks. So I went to the surgery to the receptionist. It went something like this: I need to see a doctor. We have no appointments. I don’t want an appointment, I need to see a doctor. But there are no appointments. You’re not listening to me, I NEED to see a doctor. There is no one available. Well, I’m just going to sit here until there is.......but be warned, I may pass out with the pain. I was talking to a doctor within ten minutes and he referred me straight to a consultant and the op was within a week.

42 minutes ago, London Best said:

Very rare that I need a doctor. The last time I did I rang reception to be told there are no appointments for three weeks. So I went to the surgery to the receptionist. It went something like this: I need to see a doctor. We have no appointments. I don’t want an appointment, I need to see a doctor. But there are no appointments. You’re not listening to me, I NEED to see a doctor. There is no one available. Well, I’m just going to sit here until there is.......but be warned, I may pass out with the pain. I was talking to a doctor within ten minutes and he referred me straight to a consultant and the op was within a week.

My doctors would call the police and have you removed 😊.

11 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

The problem is often with the receptionist. My old doctors years back had a receptionist from hell. A right witch. The power goes to their head

Yes indeed, best way is when they ask what the problem is say something rather rude and explicit!