Full lockdown again.

Walker570

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I do not honestly see this going away until well into March even if there is a massive increase in vacinations because if you listened to Boris tonight he made it clear that you do not become safe for some weeks after the injection.  A push to extend the game shooting just to kill birds would in my view have adverse effects

From the very first day this virus was discovered in early 2020 we have all been in uncharted waters , the experts tell us something we should and shouldn't do , then we got time scales that it would be over later on in the year after the infection rate went below the R rate at the end of the Summer , now here we are again just starting our third lockdown , Boris was talking a timescale of mid February but to be realistic it is going to be around Easter that we will see what effect the vaccinations will be having on the death rate.  

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cant see how a solitary morning on the marsh where I tend not to see anybody would be a bad thing. Yet as a heating engineer I can go see 6-8 customers a day nothing makes sense. Lets see what BASC has to say

Edited by Manish

1 minute ago, Scully said:

Because someone went shooting on their own? I don’t think so. 
Not by law it isn’t. 

Apart from traveling any distance to your shooting grounds , would you still be able to go shooting by yourself as a form of exercise ? , we were told tonight by Boris we are allowed out for exercise without a time scale , my marshes are a mile from my house and I very rarely see anyone else , so as far as I know we would still be alright if we didn't travel to far , meet up with other people . mind you this could well change by Wednesday when they have another meeting .

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Apart from traveling any distance to your shooting grounds , would you still be able to go shooting by yourself as a form of exercise ? , we were told tonight by Boris we are allowed out for exercise without a time scale , my marshes are a mile from my house and I very rarely see anyone else , so as far as I know we would still be alright if we didn't travel to far , meet up with other people . mind you this could well change by Wednesday when they have another meeting .

If you could walk there I can’t see who could object, as it’s ‘non essential’ travel we aren’t supposed to undertake, which presumably entails a vehicle. 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

If you could walk there I can’t see who could object, as it’s ‘non essential’ travel we aren’t supposed to undertake, which presumably entails a vehicle. 

Try telling that to all the ***** walking up and down the fields around my house after driving there on the first lock down. I even had a couple tell me I shouldn't be shooting. They soon shut up when I pointed to there car and said I walked to get here you didnt and your trespassing 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

From when? From now? Midnight? When? It stated in the scrolling ‘breaking news’ tags that it was expected England would be locked down again from midnight, but as far as I heard, Boris didn’t specify a time, just that his cabinet would be meeting tomorrow. 
Have I missed it? 

Its from Midnight tonight and will be law by Wednesday although can see multiple people already said this 

Edited by ShootingEgg

Guys I am a senior M+E engineer at a North London hospital that was designated to be a dirty (covid)   hospital at the start of last year.   It is one of the hospitals in the Royal free trust that was filmed for that tv series on the hospitals.   I had covid early last year and still have a cough from it now.    Whilst I realise that it is a big inconvenience for people to not be able to carry out their normal activities / lives.  The first time around the virus was mainly putting people in the hospital in the 45-50 plus range that were unhealthy.   This time around it is people my age in the 20 to 39 category. And it is spreading quickly my hospital is struggling badly and the lock down are to stop the spread so that the hospitals can cope with the influx of people.  And the reason the hospitals are struggling is because people are visiting friends and family and passing it on without knowing it and also because around 50%  of the nursing staff are off sick with it or are self isolating.    Honestly unless you see what it is like for someone that has it you would never understand so I appreciate why people don't believe in it or don't take it seriously.  The problem is you may catch it and be fine or even have no symptoms,   or you could catch it and end up very very ill or even die.   Its the viral load that dictates this and you cannot tell how much exposure you have because of the nature of it.   So please everyone all of the NHS are exhausted.   The holidays were cancelled and the nursing staff in ITU are still having nightmares at night.  Stay at home and look after yourselves   you can go shooting next year if we all live through this

3 minutes ago, mattyg1086 said:

Guys I am a senior M+E engineer at a North London hospital that was designated to be a dirty (covid)   hospital at the start of last year.   It is one of the hospitals in the Royal free trust that was filmed for that tv series on the hospitals.   I had covid early last year and still have a cough from it now.    Whilst I realise that it is a big inconvenience for people to not be able to carry out their normal activities / lives.  The first time around the virus was mainly putting people in the hospital in the 45-50 plus range that were unhealthy.   This time around it is people my age in the 20 to 39 category. And it is spreading quickly my hospital is struggling badly and the lock down are to stop the spread so that the hospitals can cope with the influx of people.  And the reason the hospitals are struggling is because people are visiting friends and family and passing it on without knowing it and also because around 50%  of the nursing staff are off sick with it or are self isolating.    Honestly unless you see what it is like for someone that has it you would never understand so I appreciate why people don't believe in it or don't take it seriously.  The problem is you may catch it and be fine or even have no symptoms,   or you could catch it and end up very very ill or even die.   Its the viral load that dictates this and you cannot tell how much exposure you have because of the nature of it.   So please everyone all of the NHS are exhausted.   The holidays were cancelled and the nursing staff in ITU are still having nightmares at night.  Stay at home and look after yourselves   you can go shooting next year if we all live through this

Good post. 

whilst we should always have freedom of speech and people can criticise the government, I now think it should be a criminal offence to deny Covid or spread stupid conspiracy theories about microchips in vaccines - like Germany has criminalised Holocaust denial. 🔔ends like Piers Corbyn should be locked up for spreading lies. 

1 minute ago, oscarsdad said:

nk it should be a criminal offence to deny Covid or spread stupid conspiracy theories about microchips in vaccines - like Germany has criminalised Holocaust denial. 🔔ends like Piers Corbyn should be locked up for spreading lies. 

I think you should be put in prison because I don't like your opinion.

1 minute ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I think you should be put in prison because I don't like your opinion.

But there lies my point...there are opinions and there are facts. Denying the existence of Covid isn’t an opinion, it is utter nonsense denying scientific fact, it’s denial leads to behaviours which could ultimately mean people lose their lives. 

Edited by oscarsdad

3 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

Good post. 

whilst we should always have freedom of speech and people can criticise the government, I now think it should be a criminal offence to deny Covid or spread stupid conspiracy theories about microchips in vaccines - like Germany has criminalised Holocaust denial. 🔔ends like Piers Corbyn should be locked up for spreading lies. 

That's hate speech and you should be banned for that kind of thinking .

See how it feels when someone oppresses another just because their views differ .

5 minutes ago, oscarsdad said:

But there lies my point...there are opinions and there are facts. Denying the existence of Covid isn’t an opinion, it is utter nonsense denying scientific fact, it’s denial leads to behaviours which could ultimately mean people lose their lives. 

'Scientific fact' doesn't mean what you clearly think it means, it has a very strict definition.

Honestly, where is the clamour for yet more self-flagellation coming from?

Perhaps we need some kind of government department tasked with enforcing the rules relating to this.  Maybe we could call it The Ministry of Truth.

Godwin's law used to be a joke.  In 2020 it appears to be standard operating procedure.

As for Holocaust Denial, one reason we do not have such laws is that you end up giving cranks even more of a platform, also known as a show trial. 

Arguably we do have laws against Holocaust Denial anyway, in the form of various pieces of 'hate speech' legislation.

My god, this forum is depressing.  I'm having to go into bat for holocaust deniers, Voltaire-stylee, because seemingly some people place a very low price on their freedom.