Fuel situation.

la bala

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mel b3 said:

They're still queueing around here . The only garages that don't have a queue , are the ones that have no fuel left , some of them have locked the doors and gone home.  I did notice that they're charging around £1.45 l for diesel.

and if you need it, you will pay i will.

1 minute ago, mossy835 said:

and if you need it, you will pay i will.

You're right , I would really resent it though😠

I'm quite fortunate,  and filled my tank before it all kicked off , so I've probably got enough fuel to last for a month if I'm careful. 

20 minutes ago, Dougy said:

no diesel round me.

That seems to the the case here; petrol fairly readily available, but not diesel. 

Fortunately, I filled my Defender (which gets little use except shooting days) on my way back from a shooting/fishing week in Scotland a week before this 'crisis' and it is sitting in it's garage full.  My regular car was last filled in mid August and still half full a tank (in Covid times) lasts several months as I do very few miles - under 1000 last year.

2 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

That seems to the the case here; petrol fairly readily available, but not diesel. 

Fortunately, I filled my Defender (which gets little use except shooting days) on my way back from a shooting/fishing week in Scotland a week before this 'crisis' and it is sitting in it's garage full.  My regular car was last filled in mid August and still half full a tank (in Covid times) lasts several months as I do very few miles - under 1000 last year.

Don't count on it just yet, knowing defenders it might have emptied itself on your garage floor by now 😂

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Don't count on it just yet, knowing defenders it might have emptied itself on your garage floor by now 😂

No, it is well behaved and house trained.  We have grown old together (I have had it for 28 years).  Only bits marked Lucas go wrong.

It has recently completed 500 miles in a day - twice (once 'there', once 'back'.) without problems, a feat it has managed for most of its 28 years with me.

Edited by JohnfromUK

16 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

No, it is well behaved and house trained.  We have grown old together (I have had it for 28 years).  Only bits marked Lucas go wrong.

It has recently completed 500 miles in a day - twice (once 'there', once 'back'.) without problems, a feat it has managed for most of its 28 years with me.

Glad to hear it, after owning one myself all I can say is I love them and hate them. I was never bored owning it anyway.

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

I was never bored owning it anyway.

No, anything marked Lucas is a liability, and in my case, most leaks are of water (inwards).  I am, fortunately, the right size (basically short!).  The key to being comfortable in a Defender is to be the right size yourself.

End of off topic posts - for which I apologise.

Im fine for petrol in my car, but Transit is very low on diesel. However, im off work this week so i dont need the van.

The annoying thing is people are posting on Facebook that Morrisons/BP/ Esso/Shell has had a fresh delivery then there is a mad rush to top their tanks up and by magic people are then posting the garages are empty.

People are sheep. 

Edited by Imperfection

12 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

Was told today because of the covid and lockdown the fuel they had in storage tanks was nearing its shelf life date so an email was leaked and everyone went nuts so now the fuel has been used up 

🤣 tanks are still full. The only tanks emptied were in cars and forecourts and these are turned over regularly for most regardless of lock down.  Maybe seek out some new mates? 🤔

Edited by oowee

31 minutes ago, oowee said:

🤣 tanks are still full. The only tanks emptied were in cars and forecourts and these are turned over regularly for most regardless of lock down.  Maybe seek out some new mates? 🤔

Agreed, it appears it was actually an anti brexit ex bbc employee, supported by hgv firm bosses who wanted to keep free movement and cheap foreign labour undercutting British workers who leaked a government meeting,in an attempt to whip up hysteria and cause a fuel shortage they could blame on brexit. 

https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10028661/amp/HGV-boss-accused-triggering-petrol-pump-crisis-Ministers-point-finger-ex-BBC-man.html?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQKKAFQArABIIACAw%3D%3D#aoh=16329912348844&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dailymail.co.uk%2Fnews%2Farticle-10028661%2FHGV-boss-accused-triggering-petrol-pump-crisis-Ministers-point-finger-ex-BBC-man.html

47 minutes ago, oowee said:

who said anything about a mate telling me 

its common sense if more are buying fuel and tanks are empty on forecourts  then the storage tanks are being emptied glad your not a mate 🤔 

Strange how a couple of weeks back no shortage of fuel at garages we still have the same amount of tanker drivers now so apart from the media spreading stupid stories what else has changed.as for food etc on the shelves well how is it there is plenty of stuff from all across the globe yet our own produced products seem to be missing.