Was Jeremy Clarkson right to apologise?

discobob

So, in light of Jezza writing an apology to the Markles (which has been rejected) was he right to do so?

Apparently, Amazon has dropped The Grand Tour and Clarkson’s Farm but will show the ones in the can

No doubt Millionaire will go as well

Is this a prime example of cancel culture at work?

I will leave this for your consideration 

i think one of the funniest comments was along the lines............

"Megan has her arm so far up harrys bottom she controls harrys facial expressions with her finger tips..."

now ....that comment is proberly worse than ....."megan is a mad bitch ....blah blah blah"....or whatever it was........

He has often made comments for dramatic effect and often oversteps the mark, and should know better by now, and therefore think he shouldn’t have made them in the first place. They weren’t even funny! 🤷‍♂️
He is a writer by trade and perfectly capable of putting his point across without such stupid and juvenile remarks. 
It will have been a sincere apology as he once stated an insincere apology is just another insult, but he’s made it for the wrong reason, which is that namely he is about to lose an enormously lucrative job….again. May and Hammond must despair of him at times. 
Saying all that, it won’t do him any harm; he, May and Hammond along with the magnificent Wilman, could launch their own tv company and carry on. Investors would trip over themselves for a share. 

When will people learn that it is impossible to apologise or explain to the ideological mob.

He should have just said it was humorous, that’s the clear context and now explaining a joke has of course sucked the life out of it. So, if you don’t like it, **** you and the horse you rode into town on. 

The end. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Top trumps

Megan is a bigger earner for them than Clarkson. So Clarkson has to grovel

Megain is on Netflix not Amazon and I would imagine they have lost a fortune on the deal they struck with the two Wokesters.  Nobody is watching their garbage output.

Edited by Weihrauch17

4 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Megain is on Netflix not Amazon and I would imagine they have lost a fortune of the deal they struck with the two Wokesters.  Nobody is watching their garbage utterings.

I think wokes are well liked in America - and the book sales are roaring along.

Just now, Weihrauch17 said:

From what I have read Netflix are losing customers in droves and even the Yanks are sick of them now with their constant whining.  Netflix share price down 36% in the last year.

Could be - but my understanding is the lock downs encouraged lots of extra people stuck indoors to sign up till they were allowed to mingle normally again.

They say that we as humans find it difficult to accept change. That's very true as I've found through my life's good and bad time's ups and downs. But what I find even more difficult is living in this ever growing mamby pampy state were you need to  double check every word that comes out of one's mouth. 

Jerem Clarkson had a short time in Repton school being taught by my step father until he was expelled. In that time e he was reportedly not much different to now, he was a character and still is, it's what makes him, like him or not you have that choice. Unlike the choice to have opinions nowadays.