Vegan ..... meat products.!!

Minky

Apparently a sausage ... burger manufacture in Yorkshire had stopped making most of these products because the "public isn't ready ".  Does this surprise me... Nahh... The only time that I was ISSUED QUORN.  It went in the bin..!!  there is no way that it would be issued to the spaniel.  It was supposed to be a burger but it was  cross between tough corrugated cardboard and compressed sawdust.  SHE THOUGHT THAT I WOULD LIKE IT AND THAT IT WOULD BE A CHANGE. .!  The  burger thing went in the bin. Yuk .  AND... they recon that it's not the product,  IT'S THE PRICE! !.  So that means that meat products are cheaper than veg ones. Also the sales have dropped by a half.!

On the rare occasions I have sampled the 'alternatives' to meat, I have found them unpleasant in both taste and texture.

I have also read that many are higher in calories, sugars, and often fats, so not healthy.

Having said that, I have had nice fish, cheese and vegetable based dishes.

I haven't eaten red meat for over 60 years, my choice-long story. I have no issue with any seafood or chicken, just not red meat. I cannot understand why anyone would want to eat something that was 'meant' to smell/taste/appear like meat!  If your that bothered then eat the meat. I tried quorn once and never again

and what's Vegan leather all about? Fancy marketing for plastic??

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

On the rare occasions I have sampled the 'alternatives' to meat, I have found them unpleasant in both taste and texture.

I have also read that many are higher in calories, sugars, and often fats, so not healthy.

Having said that, I have had nice fish, cheese and vegetable based dishes.

my mates wife is a vedgy.......she is an utterly brilliant cook.....she cooks all meat for her hubby ....but when i go there i always eat what she has done for herself.....she makes a nut roast which is totally awesome  and the best scotch egg i have ever tasted was a vedgy one made by her..........which she makes when we used to go pigeon shooting for the lunchbox

there are some very very tasty dishies out there...its unfortunate all the carp ones end up in the supermarkets.....

I am allergic to quorn - I get violently sick from it

The future that they want is that any protein we get that isn't vegetable based will be insect based, especially in processed foods.

You may still be able to buy "meat" but this would have been produced in a factory without it ever having been on an animal.

Milk again will be produced in a factory, again, never having been through an animal

Then we move onto the darker stuff

Once they have the control of the food - and tied to digital id, carbon credits, social score and CBDC - it will lead control to what food you are allowed to purchase/consume.

Then they will do away with food (this is extreme) and you will get blocks of soylent green type food delivered to you - the amount again based on those points listed above. Your CBDC account will be heavily debited for this "luxury"

Right I need to get my summer tin foil hat on - this fur lined winter one is getting too hot now :)

you have been warned though - just look at the councils that have removed meat and diary from their offices

Edited by discobob

1 hour ago, vmaxphil said:

I haven't worked out yet why someone opposed to eating meat wants something that looks and tastes like meat 😲

A lot of people who buy these products don't do it because they are opposed to eating meat. They do it because they suffer from Irritable Bowel Syndrome  which is affected by red meat. My step daughter is one of them.

I buy a lot of vegan products, cheese, ice cream, margarine, etc because I can't take dairy as i have got older.

Other people are concerned about the links between meat and some forms of cancer. Bowel cancer in particular.

If you have a family history of Bowel cancer it may well be suggested to you to avoid meat.

2 hours ago, discobob said:

I am allergic to quorn - I get violently sick from it

The future that they want is that any protein we get that isn't vegetable based will be insect based, especially in processed foods.

You may still be able to buy "meat" but this would have been produced in a factory without it ever having been on an animal.

Milk again will be produced in a factory, again, never having been through an animal

Then we move onto the darker stuff

Once they have the control of the food - and tied to digital id, carbon credits, social score and CBDC - it will lead control to what food you are allowed to purchase/consume.

Then they will do away with food (this is extreme) and you will get blocks of soylent green type food delivered to you - the amount again based on those points listed above. Your CBDC account will be heavily debited for this "luxury"

Right I need to get my summer tin foil hat on - this fur lined winter one is getting too hot now

you have been warned though - just look at the councils that have removed meat and diary from their offices

Which councils have removed meat and ‘diary’ from their offices? 

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Which councils have removed meat and ‘diary’ from their offices? 

For a long time a lot of school dinners have been meat and dairy free because of the complicated religious and dietary requirements of the kids

Nothing to do with saving the planet.

Edited by Vince Green

5 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

For a long time a lot of school dinners have been meat and dairy free because of the complicated religious and dietary requirements of the kids

As far as I can remember, when I was at school there were just two options.

1. Eat it
  2. Leave it

I don't (can't) eat eggs, so on days when there were eggs, I had to make do with bread and margarine (which was the only 'extra').

4 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

As far as I can remember, when I was at school there were just two options.

1. Eat it
  2. Leave it

I don't (can't) eat eggs, so on days when there were eggs, I had to make do with bread and margarine (which was the only 'extra').

When i was at school you didnt have the choice. You had to eat everything. Mind you, if you didnt like eggs some other kid would serupticially have it off you

but in those days there weren't militant religious groups of parents who would sue the school at the slightest excuse. Should their offspring accidentally eat the wrong thing

Also food fad parents who have to catered for with all their weird notions.

16 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

When i was at school you didnt have the choice. You had to eat everything. Mind you, if you didnt like eggs some other kid would serupticially have it off you

but in those days there weren't militant religious groups of parents who would sue the school at the slightest excuse. Should their offspring accidentally eat the wrong thing

Also food fad parents who have to catered for with all their weird notions.

Ah but that can now work to our advantage... for a Keto meal (meat inclusive, carb light) when schools ask if the kids are allergic to anything, you can put down quorn, insects, soya, plant protein etc in order to insure they get good wholesome meat and dairy on their plate.

Edited by Stonepark

1 minute ago, Stonepark said:

get good wholesome meat and dairy on their plate.

Unfortunately, there's really no such thing as "good wholesome meat and dairy". Even beef, dairy or pork from cattle reared without being pumped with anti biotics and growth hormones will degrade the immune system, overload the alimentary system and double the risk of colorectal and some other cancers. Normally produced beef, dairy and pork from the supermarket is mostly produced with profit being the main priority and does even more damage to people's health.

I'm not vegan but having been diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer early last year I've done a mountain of research into ways to improve survival chances by changing lifestyle. I have a study of over 1500 people who achieved remission for themselves by changing their lifestyle after the oncologists could do no more for them. The study found 10 things which virtually all of them did. Regarding diet this included eliminating or drastically reducing dairy, eliminating all red meat, virtually all processed foods and massively increasing veg, particularly greens, veg, nuts, seeds and fruit. My experience of using oat milk instead of dairy is that after about 2 weeks, milk starts to taste quite unpleasant. I always have oat milk in coffee because I really dislike it with cow's milk in now, although I do put a little milk in tea - but that's all.

No matter how much you might love cheese, bacon sandwiches, burgers steaks etc., if it's your life expectancy on the line, you happily change things. Then, amazingly, you find your hair grows thicker and stronger, you skin becomes smoother and more elastic, your eyesight improves, your general mood improves, energy level goes up and so on.

One day year or so ago I felt a bit under the weather and a covid test proved positive. I took it easy for a few hours and next day I was fully up and running again. Proof of the pudding and all that!

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

Ah but that can now work to our advantage... for a Keto meal (meat inclusive, carb light) when schools ask if the kids are allergic to anything, you can put down quorn, insects, soya, plant protein etc in order to insure they get good wholesome meat and dairy on their plate.

love it!!!!

3 hours ago, discobob said:

Couldn’t open The Times link, but from those you’ve posted, two concern councils which have insisted on plant based food for either school dinners or care, or in meetings, and one concerns trials.
Thats four out of the five you’ve posted links to; so how many councils have removed meat and dairy from their offices?