AA cost/year

ditchman

Mine is about £60 , each year when my car insurance is due I take the introductory offer from either the AA , R A C or whoever I insure with , this is for roadside assistance and I pay the extra for get you back home service from wherever you are , only ever called the AA once when my battery was flat on a Sunday afternoon in North Walsham , they jumped started it and I managed to get back home o k , still it is peace of mind even if you never need to call them out .     MM

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

I pay around £100  a year with direct line. Includes. Home start, the wife out  on her. Own Also either  of us in another person's car and they had no breakdown cover we are covered. With that. Cars are to complicated  and i am to old to mess about with them now. 

WE are roughly the same its the drivers that are covered no the cars , but its green flag we have threw direct line so maybe they own it 

The AA renewal is often a farce. A con to get more money from you.
Over the years the renewal premium has always been significantly higher than the previous year so weeks before renewal I keep applying on line as a newcomer and look for offers and, surprise surprise, it is significantly lower than my renewal offer. So I ring them and say match it or I will take out as a new member and let the existing one lapse. Down comes the premium.

9 hours ago, Good shot? said:

I get personal cover in any car with roadside assistance and home start.

This, with RAC for £80.98.

I do try to alternate between RAC and AA but got lazy last year and stayed with RAC and it went up by about £8 I think. 

OB

Edited by Old Boggy

13 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

Royally.

Cancel and take it out again as a new customer, don't tick for auto renew, let it lapse for a day they'll remind you when it's due.

cant cancel it ...paid it up front for a year...........it was a big mistake on my part ...so much was going on in my life...my wife had just died ...i was involved in a horrific house sale...i was looking for somewhere to live...i wernt to well.......last of my dogs died.............

my life at that time was a real poo-storm..........i always shop about and haggle...but i didnt have the where with all at that time...

18 minutes ago, ditchman said:

cant cancel it ...paid it up front for a year...........it was a big mistake on my part ...so much was going on in my life...my wife had just died ...i was involved in a horrific house sale...i was looking for somewhere to live...i wernt to well.......last of my dogs died.............

my life at that time was a real poo-storm..........i always shop about and haggle...but i didnt have the where with all at that time...

Blimey, you have had a rough time, sorry to hear that Simon, hope the future is better for you. :good: