Dead Hares and BOP dumped

Weihrauch17

19 hours ago, London Best said:

Gyppos, hows that for a key word?

Very polite of you, I must say.

14 hours ago, yates said:

I watched a programme a couple of years ago with Packham that was filmed in his French house. He probably has moved back or more likely owns several properties around the globe. I won't get into the possible increase in his carbon footprint if this is the case

He's not concerned about his carbon footprint, only yours.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, i am sure it was last year when a silver 4 X 4 was on the police radar for suspected hare coursing and other night time poaching across Dorset, Hants, Berkshire counties, ??

Hello, I read they found a burnt out silver 4 X 4 ???, 

There's a Network of gamekeepers our way that actively reports everything that happens and any poaching that happens and because of this quite a few of them have been caught and prosecuted, this is there way of saying up yours we'll do what we like.

I have been out Foxing and they turn up, they are very aggressive, so I just leave the field and report it, I'd hate for them to get hold of any of my Rifles, so best course of action is leave and report. you stand no chance against 5 of them.

they are everywhere around our way. North Hampshire.

17 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

I tthink here is a very good chance that the police know exactly who they are.  Proving it to get a conviction is a different matter.

THAT is exactly right. This sort of behaviour is nothing new. I have been retired over 20 years and, although not on this scale, similar things were occurring then. One elderly lady who had the audacity to report a gang of 'dog' men, got up one morning to find her 2 beloved cats, hanging on her front gate, with their guts hanging out. A Keeper on a local estate, raged war on these local dog men until he had a note pinned to his cottage door "We've poisoned you pheasant food" ! and the door to his food store forced. The estate had to scrap the lot, just in case. They are an evil breed and their answer to everything is violence and intimidation. I did once manage to 'move on' one illegal encampment on a local hospital grounds. I drove around their camp every hour with blues and two's on, all night and every night for 4 nights. They moved on  !  They even 'closed' a motorway with 4 x 4 pick ups early one Sunday morning, whilst they raced pony and traps down the carriageway  !

Edited by Westley

2 hours ago, Westley said:

THAT is exactly right. This sort of behaviour is nothing new. I have been retired over 20 years and, although not on this scale, similar things were occurring then. One elderly lady who had the audacity to report a gang of 'dog' men, got up one morning to find her 2 beloved cats, hanging on her front gate, with their guts hanging out. A Keeper on a local estate, raged war on these local dog men until he had a note pinned to his cottage door "We've poisoned you pheasant food" ! and the door to his food store forced. The estate had to scrap the lot, just in case. They are an evil breed and their answer to everything is violence and intimidation. I did once manage to 'move on' one illegal encampment on a local hospital grounds. I drove around their camp every hour with blues and two's on, all night and every night for 4 nights. They moved on  !  They even 'closed' a motorway with 4 x 4 pick ups early one Sunday morning, whilst they raced pony and traps down the carriageway  !

The travelling element in this country has become a law unto themselves, mainly because we have allowed them to.
Hiding behind their cultural status as a persecuted 'ethnic minority' many councils and police forces tread very carefully around them.
I can think of no instances where they have been persecuted themselves, but they dish out persecution by the caravan load, and they know that unless they cross some imaginary line within the law, like murder for instance, they can do pretty much whatever they like.
All it would take is for one force to have a crackdown, zero tolerance for their antics.
But wokeness, PC, or whatever you want to call it , have negated any respect they have for UK law, it has in fact emboldened them to get worse.

3 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

The travelling element in this country has become a law unto themselves, mainly because we have allowed them to.
Hiding behind their cultural status as a persecuted 'ethnic minority' many councils and police forces tread very carefully around them.
I can think of no instances where they have been persecuted themselves, but they dish out persecution by the caravan load, and they know that unless they cross some imaginary line within the law, like murder for instance, they can do pretty much whatever they like.
All it would take is for one force to have a crackdown, zero tolerance for their antics.
But wokeness, PC, or whatever you want to call it , have negated any respect they have for UK law, it has in fact emboldened them to get worse.

As is quite usual - nail on head.  

3 hours ago, Westley said:

. I did once manage to 'move on' one illegal encampment on a local hospital grounds. I drove around their camp every hour with blues and two's on, all night and every night for 4 nights. They moved on  !

They are easily moved on with a rotospreader full of sloppy stuff encircling the camp. They won’t stay with that stink.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

They are easily moved on with a rotospreader full of sloppy stuff encircling the camp. They won’t stay with that stink.

Trouble is they dont like anyone getting the drop on them , its a matter of 'honour' and will likely set fire to your barn or tractor.
One of my farmers very politely asked them to stop hare coursing on his land completely uninvited, as they were driving across his drillings.
Every haystack went up in flames the next night.

1 hour ago, Rewulf said:

Trouble is they dont like anyone getting the drop on them , its a matter of 'honour' and will likely set fire to your barn or tractor.
One of my farmers very politely asked them to stop hare coursing on his land completely uninvited, as they were driving across his drillings.
Every haystack went up in flames the next night.

I heard a chap chatting to his mate down in Cwmbran explaining how he had moved them on by using a drone to drop small stones onto the roof of the their caravans, he explained they didn’t like anyone damaging their caravans as they were their pride and joy. They couldn’t follow the drone as the drone was too fast and also he would do it at night, he said it was a simple contraption where he fitted a tray to the underside of drone and then just tilted the drone so the stone fell forward and out. He said he had never had so much fun. They were gone the next day and hadn’t a clue who the person was to retaliate. A year later a different bunch of travellers turned up to the same spot and again they didn’t hang about long. This conversation was four years ago well before the Ukrainians used them to drop granades on Russians.

4 minutes ago, steve1066 said:

I heard a chap chatting to his mate down in Cwmbran explaining how he had moved them on by using a drone to drop small stones onto the roof of the their caravans

Good idea. they are an incredibly superstitious bunch though, and its likely they were less bothered about the damage, rather than what spirit or ghost was visiting them :lol:

22 hours ago, yates said:

I watched a programme a couple of years ago with Packham that was filmed in his French house. He probably has moved back or more likely owns several properties around the globe. I won't get into the possible increase in his carbon footprint if this is the case

No need, all carried out under the name of education of the masses?

5 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Good idea. they are an incredibly superstitious bunch though, and its likely they were less bothered about the damage, rather than what spirit or ghost was visiting them :lol:

Possibly, I had forgotten about the superstitious ones.😂

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/03/2024 at 17:25, steve1066 said:

I heard a chap chatting to his mate down in Cwmbran explaining how he had moved them on by using a drone to drop small stones onto the roof of the their caravans,

Made me laugh! I used to work with some lads who had a job to do and once in a while folk could get a bit uppity with them which was OK unless they got really nasty and the lads were obliged to take it on the chin. Doesn't mean to say that they couldn't get their revenge. They were very good at moving around silently and unseen in the dark. Taking the crust from the bread first meant that it landed silently on the selected caravan roof where it stayed until the sun came up when it was soon spotted by the gulls which ensured there was no evidence left behind when the occupants were woken up by the din at 4 to 5ish in the morning.

2 hours ago, wymberley said:

Made me laugh! I used to work with some lads who had a job to do and once in a while folk could get a bit uppity with them which was OK unless they got really nasty and the lads were obliged to take it on the chin. Doesn't mean to say that they couldn't get their revenge. They were very good at moving around silently and unseen in the dark. Taking the crust from the bread first meant that it landed silently on the selected caravan roof where it stayed until the sun came up when it was soon spotted by the gulls which ensured there was no evidence left behind when the occupants were woken up by the din at 4 to 5ish in the morning.

😂more than one way to skin a ………………………..

20 hours ago, Bigbob said:

Maybe his reason will come out in the court report ?. otherwise you will never know what made him do it 

Yep, by the time the CPS and others have decided to go ahead it will all have been largely forgotten, as is the usual way?