BREAKING NEWS

ShootingEgg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, London Best said:

You can’t spend much money on a new pump action shotgun.

A Benelli M3 is around £2000. Maybe I should have just said I wouldn’t advise buying any ‘new’ pump action.

40 minutes ago, ryle said:

I agree with you for sure but if we take a look at XL Bullies for example, 16 people have unfortunately lost thier lives to these dogs in just a few years. Obviously in the last several decades deaths with legally held guns are rare. I personally think the Bully topic will take priority... at least to begin with, but then what do I know...

This is a good topic of discussion. Around 10 people die a year from dog attacks (across all breeds). I don’t know what the figure is for deaths involving licensed firearms as the figure gets lumped in together with illegally firearms, but I’d wager it’s much lower than 10. The point to consider in my opinion, is that more people like dogs than guns. A lot of people out there are quite willing to ban things that they don’t like on a personal level, statistics be damned.

5 minutes ago, Genghis said:

A Benelli M3 is around £2000. Maybe I should have just said I wouldn’t advise buying any ‘new’ pump action.

This is a good topic of discussion. Around 10 people die a year from dog attacks (across all breeds). I don’t know what the figure is for deaths involving licensed firearms as the figure gets lumped in together with illegally firearms, but I’d wager it’s much lower than 10. The point to consider in my opinion, is that more people like dogs than guns. A lot of people out there are quite willing to ban things that they don’t like on a personal level, statistics be damned.

To add to my previous point then, theres roughly 100,000 XL Bullies at most. Those 16 deaths are in about 3 years. There's probably about at least 5 times as many legally held guns. The hoops we have to jump through in order to own guns are rather tough. (Of which I personally mostly happily agree with) A human bieng can be vetted and checked whilst a dog cannot. These things can end up loose in public places too as weve seen. I am in no way complaining about these dogs and am pretty neutral on the matter, my point is there are clearly more dangerous things out there than responsible gun owners. Hopefully common sense prevails and this topic is dealt with first before attacking shooters that already, as a community  have a very good record for safety in my opinion. Hopefully the Olympics is as ever a good positive image for our sport this year 

14 minutes ago, vmaxphil said:

I think a new government needs to take action on knife crime rather than worry about leagal guns unless we're talking class war of course 👍

Won't happen, can't be upsetting anyone with a stop and search,  plus you'd need someone to do the S&S

I think a new government needs to take action. This lot have done nothing but fight each other for the last two years. after destroying everything else they dealt with, prior to that. Crime will be the least of the worries. Trying to deal with the debt will take at least a term. 

16 minutes ago, vmaxphil said:

I think a new government needs to take action on knife crime rather than worry about leagal guns unless we're talking class war of course 👍

The only thing we know president-elect Starmer stands for is that he’s against the death penalty. Other than that he spins in the breeze like a weather vane.

Least the work-to-rules types in the public sector might finally start doing the job they’re paid to do now the “toree scum” are on the way out, even if you’d struggle to get a fag paper between their policies.

Much as i think Labour will be a disaster, the Tories have had long enough to sort out problems. In the first year or two, a new government can complain about the mess they inherited, but after 14 years, the Tories have to take responsibility for the state we are in.

13 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Much as i think Labour will be a disaster, the Tories have had long enough to sort out problems. In the first year or two, a new government can complain about the mess they inherited, but after 14 years, the Tories have to take responsibility for the state we are in.

I think in part the election system is stacked against either side making a significant difference. The time frame between election is just too short. It will take a new minister at least three years to understand a portfolio. Often there is no formal training and many will get reshuffled just as they get a grip on what it is they are trying to do. This in my view is where the waste in government comes from. 

The lack of joint working resulting from petty politicking coupled with short term objectives further exacerbates the problem. No wonder that massive policy tankers such as the NHS are avoided at all costs. IDS made a good fist of trying to reform much of the welfare framework but was undermined from the opposition as well as his own party. Anything difficult will be avoided. 

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

He'd probably have looked worse holding a brolley, but it's like they waited for it to be raining. 

It’s not like they have a purpose made indoor press conference room is it? … 

My preference would be a parliament along the lines of the multi party coalition of Denmark, [see Borgen.😀] at least in theory the loons should be over ruled

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

It’s not like they have a purpose made indoor press conference room is it? … 

indeed

13 minutes ago, islandgun said:

at least in theory the loons should be over ruled

Hmm.  I see it the other way.  The small 'far from centre' lot very often hold the few 'key' votes needed for a majority - and hence hold disproportionately high influence. 

We see this now in Israel where a few far right 'ultra religious' members hold the key to a majority, so have the much larger leading party by 'the short and curlies'.  We have seen it here with the DUP propping up Teresa May, Cameron and Clegg and the LibLab pact of the Callaghan years.  None of them ended well.

8 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

The only thing we know president-elect Starmer stands for is that he’s against the death penalty. Other than that he spins in the breeze like a weather vane.

Least the work-to-rules types in the public sector might finally start doing the job they’re paid to do now the “toree scum” are on the way out, even if you’d struggle to get a fag paper between their policies.

at least he's got the ginger growler to tug him in the right direction 👍😉

10 hours ago, ryle said:

To add to my previous point then, theres roughly 100,000 XL Bullies at most. Those 16 deaths are in about 3 years. There's probably about at least 5 times as many legally held guns. The hoops we have to jump through in order to own guns are rather tough. (Of which I personally mostly happily agree with) A human bieng can be vetted and checked whilst a dog cannot. These things can end up loose in public places too as weve seen. I am in no way complaining about these dogs and am pretty neutral on the matter, my point is there are clearly more dangerous things out there than responsible gun owners. Hopefully common sense prevails and this topic is dealt with first before attacking shooters that already, as a community  have a very good record for safety in my opinion. Hopefully the Olympics is as ever a good positive image for our sport this year 

I think whoever gets in should be more concerned with what's arriving in rubber boats no one has a clue who or where they are. 

Just look at the no go enclaves in France, Spain, Italy and Germany scary times for everyone.

37 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

If the tories do win it wont be long before they out Sunak and replace him  with ?

I wouldn’t be surprised if they give him the chop before the election with the current polls. 

It’s laughable but they might even bring Johnson back. 

At least he’s the only one of them who won something. 

1 hour ago, mellors said:

I think whoever gets in should be more concerned with what's arriving in rubber boats no one has a clue who or where they are. 

Just look at the no go enclaves in France, Spain, Italy and Germany scary times for everyone.

Labour are going to build new towns for them. Problem solved.

i think you are all being too kind to Labour and Con's...........with all this woke stuff........ LGBGT......unions....immigrants......crime.....ULEZ......taxing

IT'S GOING TO BE A BLOODY AWFUL MESS 

29 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i think you are all being too kind to Labour and Con's...........with all this woke stuff........ LGBGT......unions....immigrants......crime.....ULEZ......taxing

IT'S GOING TO BE A BLOODY AWFUL MESS 

and should Labour get it, it will just get worse and cost more.

According to well connected sources, Suank's got a job lined up in California but needs to start before the autumn and needs to get the kids enrolled in school.  So because Tarquin and Tabitha need to get into the good school in Silicon Valley, we have to have President Elect Starmer a couple of months early.  Friggin great.

Meanwhile Farage ain't running and keeping himself free for a job in the States too, but at least he's admitting to it in his press release.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

we have to have President Elect Starmer a couple of months early.  Friggin great.

To compound this it means that the commi unions will depose him sooner, and replace him with their puppet the red queen in the autumn conference season, being sure of government.

Edited by Yellow Bear