What was your first ever brand new gun

I also had an original 50. 177 target air rifle which I bought from an old friend it had the diopter sights I was with him when he bought it from Adkins in Bedford.

I traded it back to him for a greener GPS 50 cartridges and 25 quid. A good deal!! Yes... but I kicked myself for over a year for getting rid or it. It was a superb rabbit basher 40 -50 yards no problem. In truth still kick myself when I think of it.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first was a single Spanish 12g purchased from the Kay's catalogue in 1960, twelve months later an Essex side by side 12g for £29.10 shillings again from the Kay's catalogue.

Allways used Eley Maximum 5's in them days, I used to buy them from a local ironmongers 5 at a time.

Lanber sporter bought for Christmas by the old man when I was 15......never been so chuffed going into a gunshop and being told I could have a brand new gun, loved that gun! Still have it now even though it only comes out once a year or so, for sentiments sake I'll never get rid of it!

Edited by Wilts#Dave

Mrs Bought it me for Christmas::

AYA 3" BEAVER TAIL.

2 Box's of 1:7/8 American Express,,Kicked like the proverbial Mule..

Never bought any more of them..Might still have the bruises to prove it.lol.

Best load in it 1:1/2 oz's..

And probably a 10 bob note licence at the post office,none of all this bull today.

Glad I am not just starting out,in fact near the end in another 10 years,,too much damn hassle now..

177 webley junior air pistol. I couldn't hit the barn door with it. Didn't know about master eye then. The first brand new shotgun that I had was A Laurona 12g SbS non elector. I traded the pistol, a W&S B/A 410, A BSA Snipe single barrel 12 G, An original mod 35 air rifle and a 410 silencer and some cash to get it. I didn't like it much and about six months later traded that in and bought a Victor Sarasqueta 6EC whch I still have now along with a load of other toys. feos have told me that I have too many.

Edited by fortune

Dad bought me a Diana air pistol when I was eleven and a half! Probably the most stupid gun he could have bought me but I was hooked. Got a shoulder holster from a USAF airbase. Wow try something like that today! Local copper knew I had it and even told me he would be watching me - that was a little over 50yrs ago. Today I'd be locked up.

My first gun was in 1980 as a trainee keeper on a farm comprising of a Game Farm,Arable Farm and a Small Shoot,it was a Gorosable s/s boxlock 26" barrels £26 with a 10 year guarantee,a nice little gun .But had 1000s woodies with it, but now it just sits in the cabinet as back up, but would suit a youngster as a first gun.

My first gun was in 1980 as a trainee keeper on a farm comprising of a Game Farm,Arable Farm and a Small Shoot,it was a Gorosable s/s boxlock 26" barrels £26 with a 10 year guarantee,a nice little gun .But had 1000s woodies with it, but now it just sits in the cabinet as back up, but would suit a youngster as a first gun.

I'll take it off you for a cool £52.00 .... gives you 100% profit ;-]]]

My first new gun was a Famars Excalibur round action

Extremely pretty but after 4 years or so became problematic with not ejecting cases and double discharging 36g steel cartridges

Hence got rid of against a B2g

Was an itch I had to scratch

Crossman 2200 Magnum pump up air rifle. My dad bought it for me and me and my mates used to take it down to the canal in West London to shoot rats and just about anything else! Great fun days in the early 80's and none of the limp wristed paranoia about health and safety as we have now. First brand new gun I bought myself was a Blaser LRS2 and Schmidt & Bender scope from Fulton's in bisley. Got a good bonus from work and decided to blow most of it on a new gun and scope! I ended up getting divorced shortly after that so was double value for money! 😃😃

Edited by Wingman

My first new gun was a Laurona SxS, cant remember the model number but it was a box lock , the cheapest one they marketed at around £40. Bought it from Coopers ironmongers in Gt Yarmouth, Norfolk in the late 1960s.

Edited by anser2

First new gun i bought ...and the only new gun i have ever bought (all the other ones have been pre-owned)

was a WEBLEY & SCOTT 410 B/A standard model (not the deluxe...it had chequering)....£13-17s-6d...inc purchase tax......still got it...