Road Rage - what would you do?

djrwood

This afternoon my wife who is 38 weeks pregnant rang me up in tears. She was driving in to Kings Lynn and was in the right hand lane of a dual carriageway that merged in to a single lane. She ended up alongside a van who would not let her in. The man in the van started to shout at her and she flipped him off. He then proceeded to drive after her, flashing lights telling her to pull over. When traffic forced her to stop he got out of the van, came up to her window and was screaming abuse calling her all sorts. Actually at one point told her to get out the car for a fight! Thankfully she is a strong woman and said to him, "you're a big man starting a fight with a pregnant woman". It was afterwards that she broke down in tears.

The van was sign written with a local MOT garage. I have rang them up to speak to the manager, who is out until this afternoon. I've left my number and said if I don't get a call back I will be down there this afternoon.

Now I am not sure how to play it. My blood is boiling and if I see the guy I'm going to take his face off. Town is a small place and after a couple of phone calls I already know who he is. He is a little scrote and my worry is not an initial scrap, but he seems to be the sort of coward that will be trying to find out where I live to put my windows through or damage my cars. I know being the bigger man and forgetting about it is the thing to do, but the thought of a little coward being so abusive to a pregnant woman presses all of my buttons. If I had been driving by and seen it happening to a different woman, I'd have been out the car and put one on the end of his snout.

What would you do?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would speak to the garage and to the police. You never know, the bloke might just be an SGC holder, and this might be enough to get his tickets revoked.

Don't forget about it but don't #### the person or it may be you who get his tickets revoked.

Go to the police with your wife, you know who the guy is and where he works. I'm sure the law would be interested in bringing a section 5 (I think) public order charge. Possibly driving charges too.

Any follow up from him go back to the police and let them know. Whatever you do; do not make any kind of threat against this scrote or again tickets could be gone. Sure I read on here a while back a fella in a similar but different circumstances situation lost his SGC / FAC because the cops thought he may be a danger to the other person.

Sending PM shortly.

Step 1 take a breath and calm the #### down (hard)

Consider yourself lucky you weren't there at the time

Go and see the police FIRST then PHONE his boss if you go there you may get into a row that could escalate

Keep on and make sure some sort of action is taken

Don't go and "see" anyone unless you are prepared to risk your licences

Don't forget about it but don't #### the person or it may be you who get his tickets revoked.

Go to the police with your wife, you know who the guy is and where he works. I'm sure the law would be interested in bringing a section 5 (I think) public order charge. Possibly driving charges too.

Any follow up from him go back to the police and let them know. Whatever you do; do not make any kind of threat against this scrote or again tickets could be gone. Sure I read on here a while back a fella in a similar but different circumstances situation lost his SGC / FAC because the cops thought he may be a danger to the other person.

Sending PM shortly.

This

Forget about it drop it and move on. It sounds to me she caused the issue by using your own words "she flipped off at him" causing the situation escalate. In this situation the two lanes meet with equal priority but drivers in the offside lane who insist in passing vehicles on the approach to the narrowing are perceived as pushing in so when they are confronted by the person they are trying to push in front of the wrong thing to do is "flip off"

Edited by sportsbob

Calm your wife down as she is the priority and vulnerable one.

Surly it will be his word against hers unless someone had recorded it.

I'd inform the police but not expect too much without evidence or witnesses.

I'd also inform the garage boss of the same

What do you gain by going down there and "taking his face off" ?

Now think , what do you lose ?

Lose your ticket, if it goes back could even end up getting yourself locked up. Who's going to look after your pregnant wife then ?

Being a licence holder makes you a responsible person. Let the police deal with it!

This.

Had something similar back in March on the A127 in Essex. A fool tailgating who tried to push me up the road and then proceeded yo wave a hand axe at me whilst trying to force me off the road. Held my ground and called the police with a description of the vehicle (white berlingo van), driver and number plate. The police suspect he is a member of the local caravan mobile brigade.

They have received a couple of other reports about a similar driver, vehicle and actions.

Just waiting for him to be pulled now, then off to court we go.

Vince Green, on 05 Aug 2016 - 1:28 PM, said:

Police matter, into the station, make a formal complaint and you walk away. Let them deal with him, they will be only too glad to.

You have a lot to lose. You dont need the hassle by lowering yourself to his standards. Be the bigger man, do what others have said take it to the police. Take the mrs out for a meal, laugh about the loser who tries to intimadate pregnant women and then this weekend think about investing in a dashcam to gain evidence and plaster future ****** like this all over the web :good:

police ..........end of......and take a deep breath..

this may not be the first case they have had to deal with on him...they might be itching to get him on something minor...

Edited by ditchman

Wisbech MOT centre. I've calmed down now and the wife is fine. To be fair he was brave talking to her like that. With her pregnancy hormones he's lucky she didn't get out and beat him to death!

I'm not going to the police but will continue to call the garage again to speak to the manager. Looking at them on the net it appears to be a family run business so I doubt I will get much of an apology!

I think what he really needs is such a good pasting that he wouldnt dare touch your car or come near your family again. Unfortunately though you cant get away with this and reporting him to the police will probably be a waste of your time and nothing will come of it then as he will know you have gone to the police about him he will do the damage once his wrists have been slapped by old bill.

I would just forget about it, maybe call up the garage and dont mention you are the husband. Just say you saw what happened and you were disgusted by the way his employee acted and you will never consider taking a car to them for an MOT and you will be telling your friends.