Out of intrest which gauge do you use/like

Esca

I've got 28,20 and 12 in various configurations and I don't really have a logical preference. I'm not to bad a shot and have never felt undergunned with the smaller guns basically because if the pattern is centered on the target it does the job required. Each one has good points. I like the 28 because it is so light that it is nice to take for a walk along the hedgerows. The 20 because it again is light and I have had some superb shooting memories with it and my late mother bought it for me as a present. Everyone who has shot my 20 loves it and a friend has said that he wants it let to him in my will but he would have to fight off several others who covet it. I love my 12's because they are so versatile and the ammo is relatively inexpensive compared to 16s & 28s. If I were forced to choose one it would probably be the Berretta 20 that mother bought for me as a present and as I begin to age I'm sure that I could use it effectively until I'm forced to pack up.

Edited by fortune

12 only, as with the girlfriend.

I'd rather like to try something else but as a leftie the second hand market is diabolical. Once back on the mainland if I spot something in a lower gauge that vaguely fits I'll snap it up to try.

The girlfriend is perfectly happy with 12 bore and given the increase in cartridge price for everything else is not interested in trying something different.