Rick Parfitt dies

wisdom

That is sad news but he was told some years ago when he had hart bypass operations that if he did not cut down on the booze and fags then he would not go on for much longer he did stop the fags but not the booze but hay he got to 69 living that life style that seems a good life to me I would swap half of my 70 years to have had the life that he has had.

Time waits for no man (celebs included) these obituary threads are getting boring now and this year wasn't any worse than any other.yawn

It's probably an age thing - people of a certain age are seeing their childhood heros / celebrities dying off. Certainly a lot of mine have died this year.

I'm 49 and in my 50th year. If someone in their 60s or 70s dies, then that's someone you either heard on the radio, saw in a movie, or watched on the television as a kid. The end of an era.

Another very sad loss, more so at this time of the year.

The lifestyle and their addictions is somewhat brought on by the nature of the business. Flying here there and everywhere with only hotels or motor homes to hide away in. Drink and smokes are the only option to some. 68 is not a lot but I suspect he enjoyed much of those years and his (their) success and fame.

RIP Rick.

Plenty of money at a young age, little life experience allied to plenty of time and opportunity to overindulgence in sex, drugs and booze, what young bloke would not, given the opportunity, live the celebrity lifestyle?

Sad that he's gone, but he was a lucky man! He had the wherewithall to live the life he chose.....most don't get that chance!

Not showing any disrespect at all I'm Just stating the obvious, we do have freedom of speech you know

We also have common decency and respect you know.

The Quo were never my favourite band, but i dipped in and out and liked most songs.Rick certainly packed a lot into his life, and always came across as a decent bloke.