Favourite tool/gadget

scobydog

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leatherman micro on my key ring, been used and abused for more than a decade. Now ready to be sent back for a sharpen and refresh to Leatherman USA.

Didn't know they did that,

Β 

I'm torn between my leather man micro or my Snap on ratchet magnet multi tip screwdriver, oh and a hammer of course

Β 

:shaun:

My favourite tool is the wife. Very adaptable, multi tasking all purpose tool. Mother, nurse, friend, dog walker, secretary, holiday organiser, cook, washer, Gardner, general labourer, spiritual councillor, anti jova and door to door salesman guard dog, car washer and valeter, Christmas card writer and present shopper, painter and decorator, gun and ammunition bearer. The list of tasks that she can do with ease is endless. And she has a lovely holster that I can put my weapon in for safekeeping and a superb thing for parking the pushbike wheel into. Bet your multi tool cant do all that lot.

I would say a fugi I'm not saying this is the best, but they make a very neat job

I have the kit and it's very good, better than a sucked finger :lol: that will get them googling it.

Β 

Shaun seen it on a TV program the lifetime warranty is just that, most times they replace the bits in it or send you a replacement. Postage to and from the states might work out same price as a new one.

Edited by figgy

My favourite hammer is a 2lb ball pein with Hickory shaft I've had since serving my apprenticeship decades ago. A close second would be my forward weight Estwinng erogonomic square headed hammer but don't get your fingers near the head it's not blood blisters but splits off the square head. Man must have lots of hammers , I do from panel pin and glazing pin hammers to sledge hammers collected over the years.

You seem to use your pressure washer for most things but! A word of warning do not use it to shower with, you will get skin burns. :yes:

You'd be surprised old'un. I used to sell em on various shows years ago and used a barrel ful of water on the van and a half barrel out the front to spray into Can remember one really hot summer when people were paying me 50p to spray either them or their dogs. On one show we were going out in the evening and after a couple of nights sleeping in the van a couple of young ladies decided that they needed a shower so one of em got in the half barrel and the other sprayed them down (In a closed stand of course). They said it was the best shower they ever had. Just have to get the distance right.

How the hell have I not heard of them before!! Just looked them up. I thought my festool was expensive! Nice one.

well with the screwfix discount it worked out slightly cheaper than the festool kit, I had a cordless festool plunge saw which was very good but I got peed off with changing batteries all the time, the k85 I got for just about half price direct from Germany, if you can call Β£630 for a circular saw a bargain, but it is one of the most powerful on the market, and it does run on a rail and keel right over to 60 degrees, which helps when gang cutting birds mouths on rafters :good:

Shaun seen it on a TV program the lifetime warranty is just that, most times they replace the bits in it or send you a replacement. Postage to and from the states might work out same price as a new one.

Β 

Yes I can't imagine it being cheap, but nice to know,

Β 

Mines on my key ring along with car keys, it's just so handy

Β 

:shaun:

2nd best...........oxy/acetylene...kit...........

Β 

Β 

(this is going to turn out like "scissors....paper....stone" )

Plus one for oxy/ acetylene. Fill a plastic bag with oxygen and a sniff of acetylene seal it with a long length of masking tape put it up a tree and light the end of the masking tape and run.

Leatherman wave

As for warranty send to Whitby knives. Unbelievable service can't praise them more

Β 

This. Mate found an exceedingly well worn Leatherman in the kerbside and sent it to Whitby knives asking if they could tighten the joints. They sent him a brand new Leatherman!

Jammy sod!