what do people do all day when not working and have to stay in?

Winston72

Retired, so that make's every day a winner.

Grandchildren round twice a week minimum.

General housework, cleaning, cooking.

Reading and internet surfing.

Always something to do in the workshop, bedded my hmr last week just because l could, dialled it on on Sunday afternoon, perfect, and if l get the time this week l may do the lr.

There is always something to do, can never understand people who say they are bored.

Never a dull moment.

5 hours ago, Winston72 said:

Had a day off today to wait for the carpet fitters, I AM BORED BEYOND BELIEF what do people do that aren't working and not going out, already cleaned the house top to bottom despite it on;y been done on Saturday, tried watching TV that lasted 10 mins, I am climbing he walls here

Answer posts like this.

5 hours ago, Winston72 said:

Had a day off today to wait for the carpet fitters, I AM BORED BEYOND BELIEF what do people do that aren't working and not going out, already cleaned the house top to bottom despite it on;y been done on Saturday, tried watching TV that lasted 10 mins, I am climbing he walls here

Lucky you, I'm retired and I do most of these chores everyday, wish I was back at work.

Reirement would be a good idea with a half million pound pension pot, I could afford not to get bored then:sad1::sad1::sad1:

Since we retired we never have time to get bored. The occasional afternoon nap can take up a couple of hours. Do a lot more adventurous cooking instead of throwing together whatever could be prepared and on the table in 30mins flat. Lots of coffee breaks. Catching up on all those jobs that need doing. Grandchildren a few times a week after school. More time on here and other forums. Lots of reading.

:sick: too much info :lol: 

i find if I’m very bored I usually get tired and have a nap. Wake up and go nuts buzzing around doing all sorts of stuff I never thought of. 

A good book or film is a good way to while away an hour or two.  Some excersise is always good. 

12 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

Since we retired we never have time to get bored. The occasional afternoon nap can take up a couple of hours. Do a lot more adventurous cooking instead of throwing together whatever could be prepared and on the table in 30mins flat. Lots of coffee breaks. Catching up on all those jobs that need doing.  Lots of reading.

+1

I have been retired 12 months (tomorrow!)  Rarely 'nap', but did sit in the garden a bit in the summer, enjoy cooking, and find now that I take a leisurely hour and a half to get up, shower and breakfast rather than 15 minutes when I was working etc.  I have a VAST number of books put by 'to read later' over the years still to read (I have interests in things like industrial history/archaeology and visiting museums, sites and country houses etc.), but have barely scratched the surface yet ...... and the same with DVDs/BluRays.  I also have a list of places 'to visit' that I have made some progress on.  I won't say I have never been bored, but it has been very rare moments only.