sea level map

oowee

africa dont look too bad.............................what do they say..."the meek shall inherit the earth"

if you want some really depressing news i have some for you

IN LESS THAN A MONTH THE NIGHTS START TO DRAW IN AGAIN........:bye2:

Edited by ditchman

7 minutes ago, oowee said:

With sea level set to rise to 2m by the end of the centuary some of my shooting on the levels looks like it will be a wildfowling heaven. 

http://www.floodmap.net/

If theres any birds left , there certainly wont be any wildfowlers, or private guns either. So..moot.

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

africa dont look too bad.............................what do they say..."the meek shall inherit the earth"

Pah , poxy 2m aint worth talking about !

I was promised 30 m , and gills like in Waterworld 😂

2 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

If theres any birds left , there certainly wont be any wildfowlers, or private guns either. So..moot.

Pah , poxy 2m aint worth talking about !

I was promised 30 m , and gills like in Waterworld 😂

who promised you that......the labour manifesto :big_boss:

15 minutes ago, ditchman said:

if you want some really depressing news i have some for you

IN LESS THAN A MONTH THE NIGHTS START TO DRAW IN AGAIN........

Gutting but plus side is I like the winter and duck season 

1 hour ago, GingerCat said:

It's not that accurate, according to the map I'll be under water but I'm at 98ft elevation above sea level. Better take up fishing....

You have problems then  - we are 198 m and still flooded:lol:

Edited by Yellow Bear
Used ft and its m

Hate to say it Oowee, but by the end of the century you will be ‘DEAD’ ( unless medical science makes leaps and bounds ).

So I wouldn’t start thinking of a bit of wildfowling just yet. 

On the plus side- if my children have offspring and keep the house we’re hoping to buy, then they will have a lovely sea view by the looks of it.

Edited by Jaymo

3 minutes ago, Lord Geordie said:

That’s odd  my gaff is 90m above sea level yet a 2m rise sees it disappear? Scare tactics at is best me thinks! Besides if we pump the water into the government coffers, we will be fine! It’s limitless!

Doesn’t work as simply as that I’m afraid. 

5 hours ago, oowee said:

With sea level set to rise to 2m by the end of the centuary some of my shooting on the levels looks like it will be a wildfowling heaven. 

http://www.floodmap.net/

I'm not trying to be provocative, but why should I care?  Not a wind up, I will be dead  and so will my sons by 2099. I'm  not trying to score points but coastal erosion on the east coast will remove more land than that  

15 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

I'm not trying to be provocative, but why should I care?  Not a wind up, I will be dead  and so will my sons by 2099. I'm  not trying to score points but coastal erosion on the east coast will remove more land than that  

I don't care either.

On 28/05/2019 at 19:56, Lord Geordie said:

That’s odd  my gaff is 90m above sea level yet a 2m rise sees it disappear? Scare tactics at is best me thinks! Besides if we pump the water into the government coffers, we will be fine! It’s limitless!

I looked at the map and thought I must be looking at wrong one as all I saw was the tops of hills peeking above the water.

Unless your in very low lying land 2m ride won't affect much.

Sea level has been increasing roughly 1.6mm per year over the last century, mainly due to thermal expansion of the oceans caused by solar forcing, as we are about to enter a 'maunder minimum' (sun output is now falling), this will reverse and therfore not much to worry about.

On 28/05/2019 at 18:58, GingerCat said:

It's not that accurate, according to the map I'll be under water but I'm at 98ft elevation above sea level. Better take up fishing....

It is, someone has set it to the wrong height, top left says 397m when you click the link.

Set it to 2m then scroll into the Humber estuary or east of Peterborough, or even the new island state of New Romney and Dungeness