Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

1 hour ago, JohnfromUK said:

Get well soon; shingles can be unpleasant. I have not had it, but both friends and relatives have at various times.

On a brighter note - there was a doctor (or possibly other medical profession lady) on Radio 4 earlier.  She has Covid 19 and is recovering.  She said it was pretty unpleasant for 4 or 5 days, very achy and she was very tired, with a bad cough (all very like bad flu) but is now getting over it and expects now to have immunity and be able to go back to work quite soon and have no risk of catching it again.  She was age 60.

i dont think many folk know what very bad flu is like............i had it once when i was 18 or 19...........i have never felt so ill in my life......i was so soar all over all my joints hurt so much...i was sweating...then cold i was throwing up and was bedriddeen for 2 weeks....if someone had shouted upstairs that there is £10,000 on the door step and you can have if you get up and take..................i would have said no can do.........

that is flu ...and i was young and fit at the time..............proper flu is a painful killer.......

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i dont think many folk know what very bad flu is like............i had it once when i was 18 or 19

I have had it twice (in 62 years) and both times I was ill in bed for best part of 2 weeks.  It is the longest time I have been ill in bed all my life.  Flu is a very nasty illness.  I was quoting what the good lady said - and she may not have had flu badly - but she did have the Covid thing and the good thing is that she is much better and expecting a full recovery quite quickly.  Also the couple from the cruise ship (video from David and Sally Abel someone posted earlier in this thread) are better and back home. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-51895968

44 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I reckon when this pandemic is over, every country affected by Coronavirus, should quantify the cost to their respective country, and send the bill to the Chinese government! Those that have lost loved ones should be backed by their countries governments to send an individual claim for compensation including funeral costs etc, to the Chinese government too!..........

Ok, why?

54 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I reckon when this pandemic is over, every country affected by Coronavirus, should quantify the cost to their respective country, and send the bill to the Chinese government! Those that have lost loved ones should be backed by their countries governments to send an individual claim for compensation including funeral costs etc, to the Chinese government too!..........

that be like trying to sell pork scratchings to saudi arabia..........lol

1 hour ago, panoma1 said:

Good luck with that. There’s been German measles for decades but their government has not coughed a single penny.

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Ok, why?

Because I am entitled to my opinion!

1 hour ago, SpringDon said:

Good luck with that. There’s been German measles for decades but their government has not coughed a single penny.

I didn’t say it would bear any fruit.......but would it not be justified if China were responsible because of their primitive wet markets and reportedly, low standards of hygene? At the same time we could bill the Spanish for their flu and the Asians for theirs etc, etc, etc......🤒 with that sort of Wonga.......Britain could be great again! :whistling:

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

You know its bad when isis suspend terror operations in Europe... 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/coronavirus-isis-europe-spain-italy-france-uk-covid-19-pandemic-latest-a9403421.html

Didn't realise they were supposed to survive the attacks 😂

The ol left hand getting a double washing. Perhaps Allah is not all h'es cracked up to be, then.

4 hours ago, panoma1 said:

I reckon you have CDS (Chinese Derangement Syndrome)🤪

4 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Oh I dunno, there's still people hunting for 'reparations' because 200 years ago the landed gentry had slaves. 

But somehow WE should pay for it today. 

LGSDS……. I'll add it to the list👍🤪

36 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/coronavirus-isis-europe-spain-italy-france-uk-covid-19-pandemic-latest-a9403421.html

Every cloud and all that :) 

10 minutes ago, KB1 said:

I reckon you have CDS (Chinese Derangement Syndrome)🤪

Made me laugh.

45 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Yep, a bomb going off around your waist would make a bit of a mess of your immune system.

We are now advised that if we have the symptoms (therefore a good chance we have the virus) we must stay home and self isolate. I totally agree with this.

Then it recommends that you should not contact the medical help line or seek other medical help, unless you are forced to do so. Again this sort of makes sense as it prevents the majority of cases that are mild not clogging the system.

However what it fails to do is give a true picture of the epidemic. So when we say there are 1000 cases that means extremely serious cases. They have no idea whatsoever how widespread this problem is. 

Looking st the South Korea experience, they quickly beefed up their testing facilities to get a true picture and this was extremely important of controlling the outbreak. 

I wonder why we are not able to screen much greater numbers than we presently are doing, looks like we have been very slow out of the blocks with our screening capacity

26 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

We are now advised that if we have the symptoms (therefore a good chance we have the virus) we must stay home and self isolate. I totally agree with this.

Then it recommends that you should not contact the medical help line or seek other medical help, unless you are forced to do so. Again this sort of makes sense as it prevents the majority of cases that are mild not clogging the system.

However what it fails to do is give a true picture of the epidemic. So when we say there are 1000 cases that means extremely serious cases. They have no idea whatsoever how widespread this problem is. 

Looking st the South Korea experience, they quickly beefed up their testing facilities to get a true picture and this was extremely important of controlling the outbreak. 

I wonder why we are not able to screen much greater numbers than we presently are doing, looks like we have been very slow out of the blocks with our screening capacity

I think the uk has tested more people than anyone else bar china and south korea

On 15/03/2020 at 13:33, Retsdon said:

If you're in Wales it's a pretty grim outlook. There are about 176 critical care beds in 14 hospitals with an average occupancy rate of 80+%. That's 30 odd beds spare capacity maximum. Barring a change of trajectory, the estimated projected need outstrips that by multiples of hundreds. What is it - two weeks behind Italy? They'd better get a move on.

2ae5c7c905523743cc409bd86a3fb23d318b61da

Some pretty selective editing there mister. 

You've taken that infographic from the BBC website and used the 2016 figures to make your argument, deliberately erasing the date of the bar chart and claiming there is only a 30 bed spare capacity when in fact the true figure is 153. 

Shocking behaviour!! 

1998711226_nhswales.JPG.ab461d93b69b134d2de1d2638620b74c.JPG 

36 minutes ago, TRINITY said:

Because Teresa's may cut all emergency services to the bone. Perhaps into the bone. The general public would be shocked if they knew the extent of it. I've never know it so bad and have done the best part of 2 decades in one of them. We all say the same thing. Everyone accuses us of being lazy or not caring, the reality is other incidents take priority and have greater risk if left, we have to be choosy or people will be seriously hurt or die. This will always be the case when you have 8 staff on a 12 hour shift for an area bigger than greater London. Prior to her government the shifts were considerably bigger and lots more of the things people expect (car thefts/burglaries) had somewhat more of a service then they do now. Often we transport people to hospital because there is no ambulance to do it. Call the crisis line and a cop turns up as there is 1 car that works 10-10 for the whole county. They are always committed and there is no resilliancr. 30% of our work now is mental mental health related. Not what the public expects me to be doing. 

The nhs is in a worse position. 

19 minutes ago, poontang said:

You've taken that infographic from the BBC website and used the 2016 figures to make your argument, deliberately erasing the date of the bar chart and claiming there is only a 30 bed spare capacity when in fact the true figure is 153. 

Shocking behaviour!! 

That's Retsdon for you.

24 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

Because Teresa's may cut all emergency services to the bone. Perhaps into the bone. The general public would be shocked if they knew the extent of it. I've never know it so bad and have done the best part of 2 decades in one of them. We all say the same thing. Everyone accuses us of being lazy or not caring, the reality is other incidents take priority and have greater risk if left, we have to be choosy or people will be seriously hurt or die. This will always be the case when you have 8 staff on a 12 hour shift for an area bigger than greater London. Prior to her government the shifts were considerably bigger and lots more of the things people expect (car thefts/burglaries) had somewhat more of a service then they do now. Often we transport people to hospital because there is no ambulance to do it. Call the crisis line and a cop turns up as there is 1 car that works 10-10 for the whole county. They are always committed and there is no resilliancr. 30% of our work now is mental mental health related. Not what the public expects me to be doing. 

The nhs is in a worse position. 

I have total sympathy with your position. What you are saying is nothing new ,was going on before you joined the job and will continue after you leave. 

1 hour ago, TRINITY said:

I guess there isn't much point in testing everyone only those that are ill enough to need some sort or treatment. If you tested negative today with only had a cough it doesn't mean that you wont get it tomorrow 

42 minutes ago, poontang said:

Shocking behaviour!! 

He’s a bit of a glass half empty bloke really, but that’s a bit underhanded. Do we know what he teaches? Saudi being what it is, perhaps deception is on the national curriculum? 🙂