Coronavirus (Covid-19) Is this it?

Doc Holliday

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, just been announced that Eddy Little has died of Coronavirus while in hospital, RIP Edd

That was not the announcement, it was that he died with coronavirus. There’s a massive difference.

But I remember Saturday night television featuring him in my youth. RIP.

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

So a helpful, deliberate shove against the wall wouldnt go amiss then ?

Food resources could be tackled by utilising the millions of acres of empty fertile land in the Americas and Africa, but where is the PROFIT in feeding the world ?

Energy resources could be kept clean and sustainable using tidal, solar and wind , free energy..guess what ? No PROFIT.

Global warming ? Take a back seat, no ones listening, but threaten the populace with a virus that gives you a 1 in 10,000 chance of killing you , EVERYBODY stands up, pays attention, and (generally) does as theyre told.

<snip<

That’s amazingly insightful and I agree with everything you said. So I have to ask, who are you and what have you done with the real Rewulf?

7 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

In a perfect world maybe, but unfortunately it's not. That's never going to happen, at least not in our lifetime, there's too many different cultures, with different views of acceptable practices, can you imagine one government for the UK and north Korea?, Not happening!

Not for a while yet I agree but we are heading in that direction one global disaster at a time. It's either that or all out war over resources. 

/Markus

• 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

putting this here because I don't want to start a new thread and it's on topic but not too specific. It's an interesting read from a New York doctor https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/opinion/coronavirus-testing-pneumonia.html

Very good article. When other people appear to have been fussing about toilet rolls and hand santiser I went onto Amazon and ordered a pusle oximeter and was looking at oxygen devices too - a group of us discussed a co-op purchase but didn't go through with it for a number of reasons. I also have a spO2 function on my watch. Just took a look at Amazon and the oximeters appear to now be about double the price they were a few weeks back.

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

Very good article. When other people appear to have been fussing about toilet rolls and hand santiser I went onto Amazon and ordered a pusle oximeter and was looking at oxygen devices too - a group of us discussed a co-op purchase but didn't go through with it for a number of reasons. I also have a spO2 function on my watch. Just took a look at Amazon and the oximeters appear to now be about double the price they were a few weeks back.

Haven’t read the article, but I do have two of them as thought they were a handy addition to Mrs Jaymo’s first aid bag. Sending the second one to my folks..

1 minute ago, Jaymo said:

Haven’t read the article, but I do have two of them as thought they were a handy addition to Mrs Jaymo’s first aid bag. Sending the second one to my folks..

Wise move with the oximeter. The crux of the article is that COVID positive patients in the US are reaching crazy low values of blood oxygen saturation before they experience significant breathing problems. No explanation as to why that might be the case but suggests that by the time their breathing is really bad they have done damage by prolonged deeper and faster breathing combined with the delay allowing the lungs to deteriorate further which leads to higher percentages needing intubation and the downstream negative effects of that and ultimately the outcome. So he is advocating all infected patients should have their SpO2 monitored and intervention taking place earlier to improve outcome and reduce reliance on ICU etc.

On 23/01/2020 at 22:37, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i have been to China a few times and Hong Kong city and have never seen this kind of behaviour,

I have both in China and Kowloon.I have seen worse, like taking a dump in a latrine not fully screened to the outside and gobbing and peeing in the street. Live frogs (although they looked more like toads; kept in cages outside restaurants, live fish in tanks on the pavement, again outside a café. Select one you like the look of they'll despatch it and cook it. They eat all of the frog not just the legs a la francaise

My host there (in a town called Cixi not far from Ningbo) he swore blind they had fantastic hair preserving properties. Seen him there about 3 years before I retired...……….Bald as a coot!!

It's a little better now than when I first started going there'(but much). Perhaps in 50 or a 100 years they will catch up with the rest of most of the world.