After this ...changes ??

mad1

Hi all,

After all this his blown over what are you going to be doing differently ?

Has it made you realise things in life ?

Me for one have made a conscious decision to save more and be less frivolous.

Also im going to help the older generation around me not just my family but others also.

I am In the fortunate position that I am getting paid,plenty around me are not.

Come on keep it upbeat and let us know what you would change. 

Keep safe

M1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mad1 said:

Hi all,

After all this his blown over what are you going to be doing differently ?

Has it made you realise things in life ?

Me for one have made a conscious decision to save more and be less frivolous.

Also im going to help the older generation around me not just my family but others also.

I am In the fortunate position that I am getting paid,plenty around me are not.

Come on keep it upbeat and let us know what you would change. 

Keep safe

M1

I think a lot of people will be doing the same and that is one reason why I think we are in for a long depression. Many people won’t spend because they don’t have any money and those that have money will save it. That is a vicious spiral downwards. You not spending means somebody else won’t get money that they would then spend. It what keeps economies growing. 

Selling all of my property asap, closing businesses and giving up on trying to make something.

Always too many obstacles thrown in your way.

Don't really know what I will do but tired of trying to improve my lot and beating beaten back at every turn.

So time with family. Time for myself. Finish a few things that I have been too busy for (flying lessons etc) and just conform instead of trying to achieve more.

Edd

I'd imagine many buy to let property owners will find tenants still not paying after their rent free period expires leading to several property owners going bust, and that there will soon be an even shorter supply of homes to let.

Seriously glad I didn't put some recently acquired funds into one.

28 minutes ago, eddoakley said:

Selling all of my property asap, closing businesses and giving up on trying to make something.

Don't really know what I will do but tired of trying to improve my lot and beating beaten back at every turn.

So time with family. Time for myself. Finish a few things that I have been too busy for (flying lessons etc) and just conform instead of trying to achieve more.

Edd

hello, good luck to you and family Edd

4 hours ago, eddoakley said:

Edd

Trust me your luckier than I am 😢

10 minutes ago, fern01 said:

This has shown me haw much we love for my grandchildren and what an important part of our lives they are.

Me and the wife are missing them terribly.

Yup, only a  couple of weeks ago,  but seems like a lifetime

Hopefully people will look back and think maybe we should try to be more self sufficient as a country and more prepared as individuals. It costs next to nothing to have a little spare food in the house. we had a power cut here for a few hour a few weeks ago I ended up supplying half the street with candles, torches and hot water for a cup of tea. 

We now had a glimpse of what can happen with globalisation, yes you can get what you need from anywhere around the world right up to the point the country selling it need it as well! That is not to say we should shut our selves off 

Not making any plans - I have heart failure, high blood pressure and am Immunosuppressed so taking each day as it comes. I cannot help but wonder how the country is going to pay for this? Prices i.e. VAT and Income Tax are sure to rise. We might also see a massive shake up in the NHS - on top of all this will be the hunt for a Scapegoat, did I read somewhere that Boris was advised to close our borders and quarantine all passengers coming into the Country? Such actions, to date, would surely have saved 1000+ lives?

1 hour ago, bruno22rf said:

Not making any plans - I have heart failure, high blood pressure and am Immunosuppressed so taking each day as it comes. I cannot help but wonder how the country is going to pay for this? Prices i.e. VAT and Income Tax are sure to rise. We might also see a massive shake up in the NHS - on top of all this will be the hunt for a Scapegoat, did I read somewhere that Boris was advised to close our borders and quarantine all passengers coming into the Country? Such actions, to date, would surely have saved 1000+ lives?

I never understood the coaches of people returning being driven from airports to wherever they went, if they had truly believed this was as bad as they believed they should have been quarantined on army bases somewhere. 

I wonder if the drivers who couldn't wear ppe are ok?

hello, i do not think will change my life style at 70 except to keep healthy, pay the bills and enjoy going to the farm/s and trout fishing and enjoying our countryside as i have done for over 50 plus years, i keep saying i will not buy another shotgun, i like my Yildiz O/U, my old franchi O/U i never use will be a gift this year, but now have a hankering for a semi auto ??? light weight/short barrel, with a hushy mod when required, any thoughts PW members oh a single might suffice as can still miss with one shot or 3 :lol:  oh and being on my own for many many years i still hope to meet some nice countryside loving lady to hold hands in the sunset, ( sorry if to corny 😀)

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Im going to be doing a lot more of what i want to do, rather than chasing a few extra quid.. 

Thats growing more veg, building and cooking on a masonry oven, making things out of willow, and fishing under sail [ or trying to keep my head above water.😉]