Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
walshie

Folding knives

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Not that I'm bored or anything, but I thought I'd see what I had in the way of folding knives. After I took the photo I remembered I have a Leatherman, but it's in the truck. 

20200407_161929.jpg.dbb11347d5517b6001a3d812d7300b50.jpg

Left to right: Little Gerber keyring knife, Spyderco Kiwi, Swiss Army Knife, Manly Wasp, Ontario Rat 2, Spyderco Tenacious, EKA Swede 10. The first 4 are all legal UK carry.

Stay tuned and I might do the same with my fixed blades, but I doubt it. :lol:

Edited by walshie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still have the Swiss Army knife I got for my 8th??? Birthday, carry it everyday and still haven’t lost the tweezers or toothpick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren’t shooters weird folk! I have more knives than I can shake a stick at, and have a ‘knife drawer’ in a cabinet in the gun room. 
A mate is the same; it doesn't matter where he goes, he more often than not comes back with a new knife! 
I have been obsessed with knives for much longer than I have been with guns. 
I must get a little Spyderco, great looking knives. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not at all ordered and have them all over the shop. Bet there are fifteen or twenty out there somewhere. On the other hand I don’t have many fixed blades; only three I can think of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

knives have come a long way since roman times................i have 2 small clasp knives...

love to see peoples collections ...please put them up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ditchman said:

knives have come a long way since roman times................i have 2 small clasp knives...

love to see peoples collections ...please put them up

Don't do that! I'll think "Ooh that looks nice" and talk myself into why I need to buy one. I'm currently browsing Heinnies and am getting temped by the titanium chopsticks. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of my knives are fixed blades but this one is so special i named her Candice. 

Cantley Candice actually. 

ditchy16.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Scully said:

I have more knives than I can shake a stick at, and have a ‘knife drawer’ in a cabinet in the gun room. 
A mate is the same; it doesn't matter where he goes, he more often than not comes back with a new knife! 
I have been obsessed with knives for much longer than I have been with guns.

I'm much the same, but in my case they are mostly small 'folders' - but I also have a weakness for multi-tools.  No interest in fixed blades for some reason.  It seems to be a family trait as I have knives from my father, grandfather, and great grandfather that have been handed down to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i only have 1multi tool, 10 folders and 6 fixed blades for shooting, must try harder!  Still on the lookout for a nice damascus folder if anyone has any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Whitebridges said:

Most of my knives are fixed blades but this one is so special i named her Candice. 

Cantley Candice actually. 

ditchy16.jpg

 

 

ooohhh i rekonise that boi :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wonder if I'm worse than you at being a knife cleptomanic Scully. Just a small collection over the years and I now only have five folders, four here, Remington, Boker, Swiss Army and a simple little cheap folder i purchased for a couple of dollars on the check out of a country store over 25yrs ago and goes everywhere with me today. I do have one more but that resides in the Land Rover.    SWomething tangible about a knife , even if it is a cheapy one. If it feels right, it has to come home with me.  I admit I also have a fair few out and about stuck in the ground forgotten after a gralloch and failed to find when I went back.

100.JPG

105.JPG

Edited by Walker570

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I think you’ve beaten me there! Will ratch all mine out and see if I can upload a few pics. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheapo ck that I've had many many years. And the other, found in a milking parlor rusted to bits, takes a good edge even if it is rusted to bits. 

Anything bigger than a gas bottle gets the mora. 

15863681971264496842766096952379.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

SAD OR WHAT?

4th knife from the right was given to me by my father in 1951.

 

FOLDING KNIVES 001.JPG

Edited by DUNKS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/04/2020 at 16:47, JTaylor91 said:

I still have the Swiss Army knife I got for my 8th??? Birthday, carry it everyday and still haven’t lost the tweezers or toothpick.

Snap!.......got mine from my Step Nan 43 years ago,for my 21st. I remember her saying "it's not much but sometimes a small blade is handy"

6 hours ago, PPP said:

Still on the lookout for a nice damascus folder if anyone has any ideas?

My shooting partner has a very nice little Boka? Damascus folder....wasn't cheap though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I know absolutely naff all about knives, but one I've fancied, even from a young age (when God was a boy), is a "flick knife."   Are they just impossible to own legally, or can they be licensed, as in, guns with FAC or SGC? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Robden said:

Now I know absolutely naff all about knives, but one I've fancied, even from a young age (when God was a boy), is a "flick knife."   Are they just impossible to own legally, or can they be licensed, as in, guns with FAC or SGC? 

No you just cant have one. They're on the prohibited list.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DUNKS said:

SAD OR WHAT?

4th knife from the right was given to me by my father in 1951.

 

FOLDING KNIVES 001.JPG

4th from the left ???  Is that a Lambsfoot ??  My Grandfather gave me one for my birthday ...I think my 7th or 8th and I still have the scars from it closing on my fingers. It manufactured

numerous catty forks, bows and arrows and spears in the following years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have at least 50 folding knives.

Ranging from the Swiss Army Knife my Dad gave me for Christmas 1975 (I was 11 and did lose the tweezers and toothpick) to one I bought a couple of weeks back.

Haven't left the house in months without 3 in my pockets.

I really like knives and find them a thing of beauty, it is a terrible shame they have been demonised they way  they have.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 39TDS said:

I must have at least 50 folding knives.

Ranging from the Swiss Army Knife my Dad gave me for Christmas 1975 (I was 11 and did lose the tweezers and toothpick) to one I bought a couple of weeks back.

Haven't left the house in months without 3 in my pockets.

I really like knives and find them a thing of beauty, it is a terrible shame they have been demonised they way  they have.

 

3? That's what you call being prepared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello, can you date these swiss army knives ? i have one with black handle, was passed on by my elderly fishing friends family

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

4th from the left ???  Is that a Lambsfoot ??  My Grandfather gave me one for my birthday ...I think my 7th or 8th and I still have the scars from it closing on my fingers. It manufactured

numerous catty forks, bows and arrows and spears in the following years.

Yes it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do like folders. I have two relatively cheap drop point folders, but they sharpen beautifully and hold their edge. Also have a 40 year old Opinel which I refurbished a little while ago. Despite being the cheapest of the lot, it's the closest thing I have to a family heirloom, so  doesn't get taken hunting much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, walshie said:

3? That's what you call being prepared. 

Out in public all legal carry in pockets Key chain SAK ( linked to micro torch), Medium SAK (eating and general use), S110v Speyderco (heavy duty cutting) UK penknife.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...