I’ve made a recovery

elgreco

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, elgreco said:

Well after having all the symptoms I was admitted to the RVI 2 weeks ago.  I was in an induced coma and on a ventilator for 10 days. 
thanks to all the staff at the RVI 

and please please please stay at home if you can

Tom

Fantastic news and I hope all those on here moaning and complaining read and understand what you are saying 👍

3 hours ago, mick miller said:

My gratitude to you for keeping us posted about the positive outcome and my sincerest thanks to the medical team that made that outcome possible. 

How are you feeling as I have heard that recovery can be a long and slow process?

I feel like I’ve been ran over by a steam roller and have to rebuild my leg muscles completely 

4 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Brilliant news, very happy for you and your family. Hope you don't mind this intrusion - but could you tell us your age and if you have any underlying health conditions?

No, no underlying issues stopped smoking about 15 years ago 

4 minutes ago, elgreco said:

No, no underlying issues stopped smoking about 15 years ago 

Bless - all the best. :-) I stopped about the same time time too, too late to save the damage done but still the best thing I ever did in my life and I'm 68

22 hours ago, elgreco said:

I’m 56 years old stopped smoking about 15 years ago which probably saved me too

Good news that you are on the mend. Current guidance for stopping smoking is if you stop smoking at age 40 this adds around 9 years of life expectancy respectively. Stopping smoking before the age of 50 reduces the risk  of death from a smoking related disease/illness by 50%.

Gosh! You've just been through what I imagine all of us fear most with this virus. So glad you made it out of there alive. I don't know if you know the stats on patients with Corvid who go onto ventilators... but the world should have a new hue now. As you say, all credit to the medical staff...they've given you life. Really happy for you and yours.

21 hours ago, CZ550Kevlar said:

Out of interest, were you given any of these trial drugs?

No, the only thing I have to take for the next month or so is a blood thinning injection each evening to avoid blood clots I assume, and start with short walks building up over time as I feel capable 

cheers

tom

1 hour ago, elgreco said:

No, the only thing I have to take for the next month or so is a blood thinning injection each evening to avoid blood clots I assume, and start with short walks building up over time as I feel capable 

cheers

tom

Hi Tom, it's really good of you to keep us informed, and for taking the time to answer these questions.

Having had chest, and hence breathing problems, myself, [although, obviously nothing like what you've been through] are you actually feeling improvements every day ? And do you have regular contact with any medical people at this time ?