Getting inked.

fatchap

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

There’s plenty of numbing creams out there ,put on an hour before coupled with a good tattooist it’ll be fine 

had my first one at 30 several more as the years passed must be due another one , be tactical of where you want it , mine are covered even with a tee shirt 👕 

Most tattoo artists will not put numbing cream on before they start as it wares off and you will tap out, most use it during harder parts if they think you need it. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, McSpredder said:

Come on folks, own up, how many of you have the proverbial hunting tattoo, hounds in pursuit and the fox disappearing into a hole with only its brush remaining visible?

That's what i fancied on my back, i was talked out of pop eye on my belly with his legs down my thighs, you can guess the rest. Mates got a lovely pair of women's legs, one down the inside of his arm, the other down his side , meeting at his arm pit ??????????

I had one just before passing out of basic training at Catterick at white shops (that will bring back memories for some)- I was 17 and my mother had kittens when I showed her it when they came up. I had it done towards the top of my right arm as that done the carrying of the SLR so would  be pretty stationary and not rub during the parade. It still looks defined and decent colours after 35+ years. The next two I had were about 10 years ago - one with my kids names on, the other with my wife's name on - not so good and I may get them re-done. 

Back then it was illegal in the forces to have a tattoo where it would be noticeable.

I strongly dislike tattoos, but each to their own - if you enjoy it and it causes no harm then crack on. I wouldn’t worry about changing your mind, we all have scars from mistakes. Three of my employees are tattooed, not visible in work. Two of them are looking at removals, one of them is looking at getting more. 

Don't like them, think they look awful.on women as they age and fade. What looks ok at twenty rarely looks good at forty.

Never had a tattoo and nor will I, though I can appreciate the artwork and execution of a good tattoo. Tattoo fixers Jay doing portraits and animals look like a photo printed on skin. Prefer art on canvas or paper.

If it makes you smile then crack on and don't give a toss what anybody else says.  Some people like them and some don't, you'll always get some judgemental **** who wants to question you why.

I liken the feeling of getting a tattoo to scratching sunburn, it is a tingly heat sensation for me.  The first 10-15 minutes will be the worst, then you settle down and relax, after 3-4 hours it gets sensitive again.

As a lot of people only get little tatt's the first time round that only take 15 mins they have a skewed perspective of how painful it is, it's really not and you'll be absolutely fine.  Some parts are more sensitive than others.

Bepanthen nappy cream is great to put on afterwards.

Final word of warning, when you go to bed the nighttime after getting it make sure that the tattoo is loosely covered otherwise you will get a mirror image of it on your bed sheets.

Edited by grrclark

1 hour ago, grrclark said:

If it makes you smile then crack on and don't give a toss what anybody else says.  Some people like them and some don't, you'll always get some judgemental **** who wants to question you why.

I liken the feeling of getting a tattoo to scratching sunburn, it is a tingly heat sensation for me.  The first 10-15 minutes will be the worst, then you settle down and relax, after 3-4 hours it gets sensitive again.

As a lot of people only get little tatt's the first time round that only take 15 mins they have a skewed perspective of how painful it is, it's really not and you'll be absolutely fine.  Some parts are more sensitive than others.

Bepanthen nappy cream is great to put on afterwards.

Final word of warning, when you go to bed the nighttime after getting it make sure that the tattoo is loosely covered otherwise you will get a mirror image of it on your bed sheets.

Exactly as Grrclarks says!!! Go for it! Keep it simple and bold. Can always add to it. Ask tattooist's advice. Worth remembering that a lot of folk feel pain more/less/different on either side of there body. It's part of getting a tat done. Artist friend had her first done (wrist) at 74 after her hubby died. Loves it and folks reaction to it.       NB

5 hours ago, figgy said:

Don't like them, think they look awful.on women as they age and fade. What looks ok at twenty rarely looks good at forty.

Never had a tattoo and nor will I, though I can appreciate the artwork and execution of a good tattoo. Tattoo fixers Jay doing portraits and animals look like a photo printed on skin. Prefer art on canvas or paper.

Same here.  Saw a woman in Aldi this week, 20 stone at least, off the shoulder dress and top half of what you could see covered in them. Did she look a mess ?  Must have money to burn is my view but as said everyone spends theirs as they wish.

1 hour ago, ehb102 said:

😃 Put that on your Tinder profile!

Having recently....re-entered the market myself, I can confirm that tattoos are a massive time saver.  If she has them, I swipe left.*

Same with nose-rings.  How very rebellious of you, in a conformist sort of way.

*That means, "I'll pass, thanks" for those of you not up on the technology...