Big cat Beddgelert

chrisjpainter

There's been talk for a little bit about a sheep farmer who's lost a load of sheep to what he says is a puma. Then there was a story about a chap seeing one on Crib Goch (spitting distance, as the puma walks from Beddgelert). We have photos of the evidence:

Photos of dead sheep believed to be result of a big cat kill in North Wales | The Leader (leaderlive.co.uk)

Make your mind up, but a stray dog wouldn't be killing that number so elusively. This one needs serious investigation.

29 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

That's one hungry cat!   NB

If you're referring to the photos in the link above, they've been picked by birds and other scavengers, but I'm sure you know that 😉

And poor old Frank Tunbridge has been "on the trail of elusive beasts" for 40 years. Seems like he's never in the right place at the right time 😅

Edited by JKD

The good news is they are keeping away from humans, he doesn’t want help, meaning people coming onto his land with guns. Very unlikely you’ll trap it. A few people staking out his land with thermals might show it. But I would want my 6.5 x 55 with me for a bit of comfort if I came across it.

Edited by Fisheruk

I live in the area of "other spottings" in that article by Loggerheads and it has been a topic of discussion for years around here and apparently something was spotted a few hundred yards from our house but we have never seen anything or know anyone directly who has seen anything round here. However, I also put on here a few years ago about something that I spotted down in mid-west Wales, and asking the people who owned the cottage that we was staying in said that it was well known there was something about with the occasional kill of farm animals.

17 hours ago, morgan said:

Class

I think there was some speculation at the time that it was a stowaway on a lorry from Finland

Could you imagine customs opening the back of a lorry,  and a very annoyed wolverine jumping out 😲.

On 07/12/2020 at 09:48, discobob said:

I live in the area of "other spottings" in that article by Loggerheads and it has been a topic of discussion for years around here and apparently something was spotted a few hundred yards from our house but we have never seen anything or know anyone directly who has seen anything round here. However, I also put on here a few years ago about something that I spotted down in mid-west Wales, and asking the people who owned the cottage that we was staying in said that it was well known there was something about with the occasional kill of farm animals.

Not wishing to sound like a crank, but about ten years ago - me and my girlfriend saw a very muscular medium size puma type creature in broad daylight between Llanfyllin and Llangedwyn - it was no more than 30 meters away. Watched it for about 20 seconds.  I have worked outside every single day of my life  - it was no optical illusion and a domestic cat. A few years later, I found out it was seen by one other person

Edited by morgan

3 hours ago, morgan said:

Not wishing to sound like a crank, but about ten years ago - me and my girlfriend saw a very muscular medium size puma type creature in broad daylight between Llanfyllin and Llangedwyn - it was no more than 30 meters away. Watched it for about 20 seconds.  I have worked outside every single day of my life  - it was no optical illusion and a domestic cat. A few years later, I found out it was seen by one other person

I've put on here before about reputable sightings and where you are on about is in the immediate area of one of such sighting. Seen and corroborated by 3 independent witnesses in different vantage points whilst out hunting. Theyd met at the phone box above Llanfyllin and it was seen running a stone wall in the valley.