Tier 5

Walker570

to be announced on Wednesday(tomorow?)

It is all now getting very silly and these so called experts and politicians are making themselves the laughing stock.  I listened to three women on about allowing children back to school this next week ....  no wonder the country is in a mess if these types of people are running it.

They have had 12 months now to get things sorted and make arrangements. It was them who told us we may go into a third outbreak but absolutely no effort has been mae to increase the capacity of the NHS cover and I understand the Nightigale units are being taken down.

Beyong ridiculous.

OH!!! huge increase in infections recorded , my oh my,  who would have dreamt that a big increase in testing that there would be more people found with the covid but it is all blown up to suggest it is extreme. The media do not help of course.

It is not going away soon and that was apparent back in June so we need to learn to live with it and closing and destroying businesses is not the way.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Tier 5, lock yourselves in and throw away the key?
On our local news tonight....Lakeland Mountain Rescue have appealed for people not to travel to the Lakes from other areas after rescuing a woman on Christmas Day.....from a Tier 4 area. 🙂

Edited by Scully

15 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

Well these lockdown don't seem to be working do they .if they did there wouldn't be any virus now .

They are not working because too many people are not following the rules. Nobody catches it unless somebody gives it to them. 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

On our local news tonight....Lakeland Mountain Rescue have appealed for people not to travel to the Lakes from other areas after rescuing a woman on Christmas Day.....from a Tier 4 area. 🙂

exactly, same in Cornwall.  

Edited by Vince Green

4 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

It won't work until idiots like this get hit hard in the pocket https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55474533

Dam right us welsh love a good old get together and a mountain walk during lock down. *** I won't even throw dog in car and nip couple miles up the road to a farm so I let dog have belt around and these idiots just don't care

3 minutes ago, captainhastings said:

Dam right us welsh love a good old get together and a mountain walk during lock down. *** I won't even throw dog in car and nip couple miles up the road to a farm so I let dog have belt around and these idiots just don't care

I am with you. I can see snow on the hills but a twenty mile drive for a bit of hill walking just isn’t on.

Going to take two years for anywhere near a total vacinations of the nation. Tell me, what are all the businesses supposed to do for a living in that time if the population is closed down.   How does getting in your car and driving 25 -100miles then taking a walk in the open countryside got to do with catching or passing on this flu virus?

2 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Well these lockdown don't seem to be working do they .if they did there wouldn't be any virus now .

True, we had a pretty strict one at the beginning and it didnt do much, even when the vast majority of people followed the rules.

I'm not a fan of people blaming the public for not following the rules as this plays into the government's hands of gaslighting the public to make more restrictions easier for them to get through.

Other countries in Europe have had tighter policies on masks and restrictions and it hasnt done much.

Now you meet more and more people who see it as all as a complete farce, sickened by the government sinking the country into debt, reporting huge positive test results to peddle fear, using the 'protect NHS' card to shut down any questioning of their decisions.

People ******* themselves over something that is barely dangerous for the majority of people.

32 minutes ago, Scully said:

What is Tier 5, lock yourselves in and throw away the key?

We have no effective enforcement, not like the continent where restrictions are actively policed by the police and army - but thats not the british way apparently.... sooner we were a bit harder on enforcement and idiots who break the rules the better. 

It bemuses that I cant travel to see pals in Kelso from Northumberland but folk can go on holidays to Switzerland...... surely we need to close our borders to other than freight?

/

9 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

How does getting in your car and driving 25 -100miles then taking a walk in the open countryside got to do with catching or passing on this flu virus?

It’s fine if your trip goes without incident, but if you do require help, and it’s well documented at the moment that lots of walkers are requiring help or having accidents out on the hill, then it does expose a lot of locals to the potential risk of exposure to COVID, or vice versa.  There’s also a lot of people heading out into the countryside who wouldn’t normally do so, which is increasing their chances of needing direct help, putting them in direct contact within rescuers etc in situations where it is difficult to have hospital levels of PPE.

10 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

Woooaaahhh . I'm sorry but tier 5 will have to be postponed for a little while ,at least until I can get my head around what the xxxx tier 4 is all about .

Last week mel we were in tier two , now we missed tier 3 and went straight into tier four from Boxing day , this have more or less said goodbye to the rest of the game shooting season , although that is only a minor problem when you think what some people are going through with there health and livelihoods  .

Tier 27a is being planned now. It will be 100% effective and see us covid free in 3 months. It will include closing all ports and all shops so you need to start panic buying at least 1000 toilet rolls and 4 freezers each to tide you over.

It is time to get on as nothing has worked so far and it will be years before there are enough vaccines, assuming it does not mutate again.

Like the common cold and flu this may just be something we all have to live with

6 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Last week mel we were in tier two , now we missed tier 3 and went straight into tier four from Boxing day , this have more or less said goodbye to the rest of the game shooting season , although that is only a minor problem when you think what some people are going through with there health and livelihoods  .

Is it tier 4 areas that will be bumped up into tier 5 , or any area that has an increase in infection rates ?, and , what other restrictions will their be ?. The whole lot is moving too fast for me to keep up with to be honest . I have very little time to sit and watch the news , so most of my information comes from pw😳.

10 minutes ago, grahamch said:

We have no effective enforcement, not like the continent where restrictions are actively policed by the police and army - but thats not the british way apparently.... sooner we were a bit harder on enforcement and idiots who break the rules the better. 

It bemuses that I cant travel to see pals in Kelso from Northumberland but folk can go on holidays to Switzerland...... surely we need to close our borders to other than freight?

/

The thing is though, that lockdowns only appear to work while they’re in practice ( but if they did worked wouldnt we have it beaten by now? ) the moment people are allowed to travel again the virus grows again, but it will do because it’s airborne. 
We can’t keep people and businesses furloughed and locked down until this thing is beaten; it just isn’t practical let alone the fact it doesn’t seem to be working. 
A friend in Spain who was over just before Christmas, was allowed out for about two hours in every 24 hour period when this was at its peak, and heavily policed, but Spain is now about where it was back then. 
People need to work to pay their bills. 
I don’t have any answers, but then again, does anyone? 

16 minutes ago, grahamch said:

/

10 months ago that may well of helped 

18 minutes ago, grahamch said:

/

But European rates are just as high so even with the supposed stricter enforcement that you refer to its proof that lockdowns don’t work. 

Foreign travel is banned if travelling from a tier 4 area. So I assume the people who travelled to Switzerland did so ‘illegally’ and in the same way you can break the law to visit your friends in Northumberland. I am not sure what point you are trying to make. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

They are not working because too many people are not following the rules. Nobody catches it unless somebody gives it to them. 

Lockdowns don't work. The sort of lockdown you are advocating seems to be to isolate yourself from life. You can feel free to do so, but don't expect others to follow.

1 hour ago, Old farrier said:

treat everyone like they have it !!!!!

What a thoroughly depressing way to live your life. 

8 minutes ago, treetree said:

Lockdowns don't work. The sort of lockdown you are advocating seems to be to isolate yourself from life. You can feel free to do so, but don't expect others to follow.

What a thoroughly depressing way to live your life. 

I think he’s right tho . Just keep your distance from anyone and let’s hope it passes over.

my cousin turned up a few months ago and I told my boy to give her space . She now has it . 
my uncle has just came off oxygen thanks to it and my paramedic friend is really ill with it . 
ive seen all of these people over the last 3-4 months . Yes I know they only have it now but the point is no one knows