Amanda Holden.

old man

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Sky News;

Amanda Holden broke lockdown rules by travelling more than 200 miles to see her parents in Cornwall.

The Britain's Got Talent judge said she made the journey after receiving a "distressing telephone call from her elderly father on Friday afternoon".

In a statement, her agent added: "Amanda is aware that all families are going through difficulty during these turbulent times.

"On balance Amanda felt the round trip to Cornwall was necessary to contain the matter at her family home."

The agent added that Holden was "devastated" that she had to break the travel rules on this occasion, but stressed the star "did not act on a whim and has adhered to COVID rules every step of the way in all three lockdowns".

Both of her parents have been vaccinated and she is being tested for coronavirus once a week, so she "felt she was not putting her parents at risk".

The Sun reports that the 49-year-old, who is now back in London ahead of her 50th birthday on Tuesday, has been reported to the police over the journey.

More rules being broken every single day in supermarkets. 

Lock down traffic is no different from any normal day without Covid around. 

1 member of staff came into work with Covid (no idea he had it) contracted from his wife who works in child care were 2 children were carrying from their parent, this infected over 12 people, possibly allot more secondary infections away from the nursery. 

Not defending Amana Holdens action but when you look at all other areas where we could improve possible areas of contracting the virus it was pretty low risk compared to the rest. 

I just think she should have had the decency to come to see me as well while she was out on the road, I'm old and needy , anyway I hope her parents are ok , us oldies are really feeling the lockdown stress , we are lucky as my youngest son lives just round the corner and is able to keep an eye on us. 

This lockdown has gone on far too long, 28% of British adults , which is most of the vulnerable groups, have had at least one jab, its time to man up and get on with life.

Edited by lakeside1000

2 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And lots of people complying with the rules too!

And that’s what this virus has driven us to become.  A community that is devoid of compassion but blindly following ‘rules’ for the sake of it. 

If a close relative of mine urgently needed my help I would be there like a shot and damn the ‘rules’. Anybody who wouldn’t is heartless/stupid. 

3 minutes ago, AVB said:

And that’s what this virus has driven us to become.  A community that is devoid of compassion but blindly following ‘rules’ for the sake of it. If a close relative of mine urgently needed my help I would be there like a shot and damn the ‘rules’.

Anybody who wouldn’t is heartless/stupid. 

Yes how silly of the vast majority of people to comply and hope that by doing so and having the vaccinations we might be able to get back to something akin to the old normality.

4 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, there are millions of families with elderly parents living outside their area who have not seen them for months due to lockdown rules, why should she be any different, fine her £10, 000 👍

That. She could have called their GP, a neighbour, even, yes, Social Services.

When my late mother started at aged ninety two having falls I told her to sell her house, down size, buy a bungalow and have it fitted with railings, aids and etc.. To spend some money on a daily care visitor to cover when I was abroad and the days here gardener and his wife didn't come.

I said if she carried on and fell and I was absent I could not come back from abroad. She was clear. "I know. And I wouldn't expect you too." She was a war widow so I also knew her reponse would be nothing but that.

I've no sympathy with this Holden nor her parents' blackmail.

Edited by enfieldspares

2 hours ago, AVB said:

And that’s what this virus has driven us to become.  A community that is devoid of compassion but blindly following ‘rules’ for the sake of it. 

If a close relative of mine urgently needed my help I would be there like a shot and damn the ‘rules’. Anybody who wouldn’t is heartless/stupid. 

As would I

2 hours ago, AVB said:

This.

We’ve lost all independent thought / reason and now we actively look for and cry out for more rules and government regulation regardless of how potty or pointless.

I knew it was over when people started cheering for 10 years in prison for ‘rule breakers’.

So, both of her elderly parents have been vaccinated, she’s tested weekly and in a one off emergency she drove to Cornwall. Oh lock her up and throw away the key.

On 14/02/2021 at 16:55, clangerman said:

if not it’s just arrogant rule breaking 

My eldest posed a question - if we’ve all had it and the people we want to visit have all had it (and recently ie Xmas) then where is the probable harm (and also bearing in mind that we would be distancing and wearing masks and washing hands). Apart from saying ‘it’s currently against the law’ I couldn’t come up with any other explanation or reason.