Amanda Holden.

old man

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have little time for her and what she did was legally wrong.

A Newcastle footballer popped out to get his hair cut. Both he and the barber broke the rules. Corbyn broke the rules at will, Kinnock did it. Sturgeon broke the rules, despite issuing edicts to the Scots on this very subject. The list is almost endless, but concern for her parents beats Corbyn, out for a meal with friends, checking up on a second home or in Wee Jimmy's case - nipping back to the pub.

Without any facts about exactly what the family crisis was about, we whip up a lynch mob. Problem solved. She appears to judged on her looks, her personality and how she attained celeb status. Mob justice at its best.

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

I have little time for her and what she did was legally wrong.

A Newcastle footballer popped out to get his hair cut. Both he and the barber broke the rules. Corbyn broke the rules at will, Kinnock did it. Sturgeon broke the rules, despite issuing edicts to the Scots on this very subject. The list is almost endless, but concern for her parents beats Corbyn, out for a meal with friends, checking up on a second home or in Wee Jimmy's case - nipping back to the pub.

Without any facts about exactly what the family crisis was about, we whip up a lynch mob. Problem solved. She appears to judged on her looks, her personality and how she attained celeb status. Mob justice at its best.

Yup. This is what concerns me. Rules are rules of course. But everyone on here would probably accept that there's a difference between the examples you've given, the two fools who went camping in Yorkshire and...say...a dementia-suffering father on the phone to his daughter panicking that there was a strange lady with a knife in the kitchen, but it's okay because he's managed to trap her in the bathroom.

I have no idea if this is what's happened, but it's hardly a big stretch for someone who's got dementia. Calling the police would distress him further, so I would feel hard pushed to judge a daughter for jumping in the car and trying to calm her father down and rescue her mother from the bathroom. That's the sad reality of many with an elderly parent suffering from dementia. Just because she's famous doesn't mean she'd be immune to it.

My understanding of the rules , is that you can travel for a family emergency , or if you need to give care/help/assistance to another , and whilst I have no idea why she travelled , if her parents were really in need of help , none of us should hold that against her.

I'm sure that in the coming weeks , police will bow to public pressure,  and pop round to get the inside story anyway.

2 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Following Cummings it would be ridiculous to prosecute. I am sticking to the rules as closely as I can. Others make their own decisions, who am I to judge them? I am yet to meet someone who has actually stuck completely to the rules and best practice. 

I stuck to the rules , and I still xxxxxxx got it 😕.

10 minutes ago, mel b3 said:

My understanding of the rules , is that you can travel for a family emergency , or if you need to give care/help/assistance to another , and whilst I have no idea why she travelled , if her parents were really in need of help , none of us should hold that against her.

One person checking on her parents is hardly news is it?

Rita Ora apparently had a birthday party with 16 friends,  where was her lynch mob? In her case I'd have liked to have seen a big fine or the likes of ITV sack her as an example.

30 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Following Cummings it would be ridiculous to prosecute. I am sticking to the rules as closely as I can. Others make their own decisions, who am I to judge them? I am yet to meet someone who has actually stuck completely to the rules and best practice. 

Bang on.

Not backing what she has done but the amount of people i see breaking rules every day and the amount of youths congregating whilst walking the dog , I’d have done the same.

not every one is sticking to the plan and many are going to suffer as a result.

i do have elderly parents myself only five miles away though 150 miles wouldn’t stop me in an emergency either

Let he who hath no sin cast the first stone.

My FiL is moving this week after 20 years in his current place living alone with between 1 and 3 dogs over that time.

I went over yesterday and cleared his garage for him and dismantled a few items of furniture in prep for the move on Friday.

Probably against the guidelines but what other reasonable alternative would there have been.

Lockdown………What lockdown???  I still have to travel 200 miles a day round trip for work, and have to visit construction sites where everyone's beavering away……..  I'd say construction workers are spreading more virus than poor old Amanda could🙄

If Amanda Holden wants to travel 200 miles to see me I wouldn't turn her away - as long as she kept stumm that is 😆

1 hour ago, Raja Clavata said:

My FiL is moving this week after 20 years in his current place living alone with between 1 and 3 dogs over that time.

I went over yesterday and cleared his garage for him and dismantled a few items of furniture in prep for the move on Friday.

Probably against the guidelines but what other reasonable alternative would there have been.

Perfectly acceptable in my eyes but I advise you to put your tin hat on and take cover!!!!

On 14/02/2021 at 13:10, AVB said:

And that’s what this virus has driven us to become.  A community that is devoid of compassion but blindly following ‘rules’ for the sake of it. 

If a close relative of mine urgently needed my help I would be there like a shot and damn the ‘rules’. Anybody who wouldn’t is heartless/stupid. 

Exactly.  

3 hours ago, KB1 said:

Lockdown………What lockdown???  I still have to travel 200 miles a day round trip for work, and have to visit construction sites where everyone's beavering away……..  I'd say construction workers are spreading more virus than poor old Amanda could🙄

Yes, and what about all the truck drivers back and forth across or under the channel.  Total load of baloney.  Even Boris and Hancock can't agree about if or not to ease the lockdown. Well, from what I see everyday most people are using their common sense and getting on with life.

2 hours ago, old man said:

And that is maybe just the reason it's ok for you?

However, sadly, it seems that 80%+ of peoples lives now hinge on the reported reactions of so called celebrities?

So.......OK for them, Ok for me? And on it goes?

Everyone in my house has had it, apart from me. My mum has had it and has strong antibodies showing - she went to see her GP and the GP took her mask off and said ‘I won’t be needing this’. Also, my mum has been vaccinated.

So, if I can’t see my mum under those circumstances and the only rationale / logic is ‘because the government says so’, well I’m never going to get to see my mum am I?

I think I’ve just about had enough of all this nonsense.

EDIT

Indeed, give the above, precisely what set of circumstances can you envisage / what additional steps need to happen for me to ‘safely’ see my mother?

Answering ‘not until the government says you can’ isn’t good enough thank you. 

Edited by Mungler

1 minute ago, Mungler said:

Everyone in my house has had it, apart from me. My mum has had it and has strong antibodies showing - she went to see her GP and the GP took her mask off and said ‘I won’t be needing this’. Also, my mum has been vaccinated.

So, if I can’t see my mum under those circumstances and the only rationale / logic is ‘because the government says so’, well I’m never going to get to see my mum am I?

I think I’ve just about had enough of all this nonsense.

We will just  have to disagree at this point. 😁

22 hours ago, Raja Clavata said:

Family/friends can help you move house, but only if strictly necessary.

If removal firms are unavailable, another household can help you move your belongings, but social distancing guidelines and hygiene measures should be followed where possible.

We've just moved and, despite booking 3 moving vans, we still needed help and wouldn't have made the deadline without assistance. We did what we could to social distance, kept sanitising and didn't share vehicles, but still felt like we were breaking some rules half the time. Now we're in our new home and back to not seeing anyone for the foreseeable!