Sunak..im gobsmacked

ditchman

42 minutes ago, Blackpowder said:

There is more money floating around  the UK than any of us can fully comprehend.  For example an estate not to far from me is offering wild partridge shooting at £600 a brace, one individual is said to have taken all the days on offer.  

Blackpowder

I did hear during the week that one shoot in our area was offering Partridge shooting at £100 a bird , I thought that was a bit far fetched but looking at your post then perhaps there is some truth in what I heard :hmm:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, MirokuMK70 said:

And we wonder why the general public has a poor opinion of game shooting... it is pretty obscene when people can't afford to heat or feed their families...

BUT they can afford a couple of hundreds worth of tatoos etc etc etc which they do not need.  I don't envy that lady one bit her millions, she spends it no doubt and some of those 'poor' souls benefit.......envy....it creeps into your soul and wastes your life.

Re the tattoos etc, I see them all the time waddling up Atherstone high street puffing on a fag obviously starving because they are so fat, then turning into the nail shop to spend a few more bob on having their finger nails painted funny colours ....... leave it out.

Edited by Walker570

15 minutes ago, clangerman said:

this is the real tory version of a fair society spewnak sat on millions while needy pensioners choose between starving and freezing if that’s not OBSCENE what is! 

Deleted my original reply.

So, it’s a purely Tory induced problem? Best tell that to Lord Sugar or Tony Blair then 🙂

Just because someone has something and other don’t, you don’t go doing a ‘Robin Hood’, as they either earned it or inherited it from someone who did earn it. 
Walkers example above is of the trait that believes the state should fund them for everything. 

Where would the impetus to succeed in life, if everything you earned was taken to fund all others? Take a look at all Communist countries and tell me there is a perfect distribution of wealth and not those still sat at the top enjoying a spot of the good life. When there are those literally picking undigested pieces of rice out of puke ( reportedly seen in either china or North Korea but unverified). 

19 minutes ago, clangerman said:

this is the real tory version of a fair society spewnak sat on millions while needy pensioners choose between starving and freezing if that’s not OBSCENE what is! 

Should everyone of us give away our money to anyone who has less? Some people will always have more ( deservedly or not) such is life. Pop stars, footballers, actors etc all have obscene wealth in some people's eyes. Others work hard and are rewarded well. No need for envy and insults, the meek shall inherit the earth!

3 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

So, it’s a purely Tory induced problem? Best tell that to Lord Sugar or Tony Blair then 🙂

Just because someone has something and other don’t, you don’t go doing a ‘Robin Hood’, as they either earned it or inherited it from someone who did earn it. 
Walkers example above is of the trait that believes the state should fund them for everything. 

Where would the impetus to succeed in life, if everything you earned was taken to fund all others? Take a look at all Communist countries and tell me there is a perfect distribution of wealth and not those still sat at the top enjoying a spot of the good life. 

This. The British seem to have an inbred hatred and unbridled jealousy of the wealth ( unless they themselves are wealthy of course ) of others. 

57 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

you are right all the parties have trough feeders from same mould of selfishness and greed sugar is especially loathsome should know better and thinks he can buy him self class lol 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

This. The British seem to have an inbred hatred and unbridled jealousy of the wealth ( unless they themselves are wealthy of course ) of others. 

dont begrudge people having serious wealth............my point was.....

1. he maintained he didnt know his darling wife had £400 million in shares...sorry i dont believe that
  2. the company in moscow had links with oilgarks

so whilst this govt is scuppering all oily garks financial dealings..... so until he is found out by the media.........he was going to let it run.....thus being (knowingly complicit) of supporting Putin

see the company has now closed its moscow office........

little money grabbing runt

33 minutes ago, ditchman said:

dont begrudge people having serious wealth............my point was.....

1. he maintained he didnt know his darling wife had £400 million in shares...sorry i dont believe that
  2. the company in moscow had links with oilgarks

so whilst this govt is scuppering all oily garks financial dealings..... so until he is found out by the media.........he was going to let it run.....thus being (knowingly complicit) of supporting Putin

see the company has now closed its moscow office........

little money grabbing runt

It wasn’t a dig at you personally Ditchy, more a general observation. 
He’s a politician. Lies, deceit, dishonesty, greed, insincerity, double standards and hypocrisy; it’s almost the job description. 

39 minutes ago, Scully said:

He’s a politician. Lies, deceit, dishonesty, greed, insincerity, double standards and hypocrisy; it’s almost the job description. 

and always it has been thus..............

its like the monachy............if you go way way back........the monachy started with the bloke who had the longest sword

3 hours ago, Scully said:

Do you genuinely believe that? 

You don’t think there are any MP’s at all that just want to do a good job for their constituents or serve their country? 

It seems to be a thankless job, massive hours, non stop pressure, no off switch, constantly under scrutiny and in the media / public eye waiting to assassinate your character for a few cheap points at any opportunity. 

According to the internet, MP’s wages are set at £81,923 a year. Obviously this is enhanced for cabinet position… 

It sounds good money for people working minimum wage or lower management jobs. 

Do you think it’s good money for someone like Rishi Sunak? What’s he on? Something like £140k a year? 

Before Parliament wasn’t he an investment banker at Goldman Sachs and then a hedge fund manager? 

What’s the incentive to become an MP? Greed? 

You can’t tell me he gave up investment banking to get abused every minute of the day for £140k a year. 

I’d bet he made a lot more than that previously without the intrusion of his private life and constant criticism. 

Unfortunately there are some MP’s who appear to be complete idiots. Unlike Rishi they couldn’t get high paid jobs in high flying industries. I bet a lot of MP’s (and sadly is seems to be more from Labour) that never had a real job and never could have one! 

I reckon quite genuinely that the reason the standard of MP’s generally is so low is that anyone who’ would be good wouldn’t even want the job. 

When you consider the amount of responsibility, hours and bother involved, the type of people who you’d want to be running the country could probably earn a lot more money with a lot less bother. 

6 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Do you genuinely believe that? 

You don’t think there are any MP’s at all that just want to do a good job for their constituents or serve their country? 

It seems to be a thankless job, massive hours, non stop pressure, no off switch, constantly under scrutiny and in the media / public eye waiting to assassinate your character for a few cheap points at any opportunity. 

According to the internet, MP’s wages are set at £81,923 a year. Obviously this is enhanced for cabinet position… 

It sounds good money for people working minimum wage or lower management jobs. 

Do you think it’s good money for someone like Rishi Sunak? What’s he on? Something like £140k a year? 

Before Parliament wasn’t he an investment banker at Goldman Sachs and then a hedge fund manager? 

What’s the incentive to become an MP? Greed? 

You can’t tell me he gave up investment banking to get abused every minute of the day for £140k a year. 

I’d bet he made a lot more than that previously without the intrusion of his private life and constant criticism. 

Unfortunately there are some MP’s who appear to be complete idiots. Unlike Rishi they couldn’t get high paid jobs in high flying industries. I bet a lot of MP’s (and sadly is seems to be more from Labour) that never had a real job and never could have one! 

I reckon quite genuinely that the reason the standard of MP’s generally is so low is that anyone who’ would be good wouldn’t even want the job. 

When you consider the amount of responsibility, hours and bother involved, the type of people who you’d want to be running the country could probably earn a lot more money with a lot less bother. 

To a greater or lesser extent, I do. 
I genuinely doubt many start off like that, but in my experience much of it starts at lower levels with the heady perceived power and status coveted by some even at Parish council level, where it often manifests itself as gaining planning permission where others have failed. 

It was rife and openly accepted/tolerated within council chambers and our local masons lodge in the small market town where I grew up, and I could write a small book of its instances. 
Like I said, there are without doubt those who may enter politics at whatever level with a genuine intent to do good, but we all have histories, agendas, bias and preferences, and the opportunities and advantages which present themselves in politics at every level can be hard to resist. 
It happens in every level however, from the self employed bloke doing a spot of cash in hand, to others offsetting an invoice to something they obviously shouldn’t; from coppers fiddling their fuel allowances to politicians claiming for a moat or a quad bike.  🙂
I often wonder, given the flak they attract, why some do it, but power and status are like nectar to bees, or poop to flies. 💩

I have absolutely no respect for any of them. 

On 02/04/2022 at 00:11, enfieldspares said:

In one way I'd believe him as, AFAIK, one becoming Chancellor all his investments and those of his wife go into a blind trust so he has no knowledge of what is invested where or how so as to not influence any decision he makes as Chancellor.

except any decisions around avoiding paying tax in this country and he is in the right job to advise her on that.

It's being discussed on Jeremy Vine if Sunak is too rich to be be Chancellor or PM, I've never heard anything so ridiculous.

Surely if you start ruling out people because they are rich and successful your going to end up with second tier or third fourth running things?

They were saying he has no empathy with the poor,  I doubt any MP has any empathy with the poor.

This was from last week's paper, fair to say the family are pretty well off.

Screenshot_20220406-095214_Gallery.jpg.dcf5ebc71c747e616d17ffe44c40282c.jpg

Screenshot_20220406-095229_Gallery.jpg.e38e061f2010769455b3abf90f327cc7.jpg

On 02/04/2022 at 18:48, clangerman said:

you are right all the parties have trough feeders from same mould of selfishness and greed sugar is especially loathsome should know better and thinks he can buy him self class lol 

Thats just the politics of envy . We need Sunak a lot more than he needs us. Because the truth is he doesn't need us at all. He could walk away and never look back but we sure as hell need him.  Whats so wrong with getting almost for free the services of an Oxford Educated multi millionaire Chancellor? Because believe me he doesnt need the money we pay him?

Or would you rather have an unqualified  single mother from a Council Estate  Angela Raynor??? 

Good luck with that choice but count me out

6 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

Thats just the politics of envy . We need Sunak a lot more than he needs us. Because the truth is he doesn't need us at all. He could walk away and never look back but we sure as hell need him.  Whats so wrong with getting almost for free the services of an Oxford Educated multi millionaire Chancellor? Because believe me he doesnt need the money we pay him?

Or would you rather have an unqualified  single mother from a Council Estate  Angela Raynor??? 

Sunak has trashed the economy for a Flu bug or haven't you noticed!  We didn't need him thanks very much.

Edited by Weihrauch17

I guess the blokes wife paid her taxes in India instead of here which is her right. And is their US green card status really enough to get normal peoples knickers in a twist about? Its just politics, another case of lefties knocking centre righties in my opinion. 

I sympathise greatly with those on low earnings but we have to accept the seriously massive amounts of money spent out on Covid plus what we're sending to Ukraine has to be recovered somehow. We simply can't keep piling our debts up for our kids and grandkids to pay back for us. Tough decisions have to be made. 

1 hour ago, Vince Green said:

Haven’t you heard? The general public think MP’s are hugely overpaid… 

It’s not like it’s an important job or anything?! 

The general public seen to think they should do it for free or for minimum wage. 

No concern for the type of person that would attract to the job, or the type of person it would repel. 

Shunak and his family are beyond loaded. 

As you say he could walk away and never have a worry in the world. 

Makes you wonder why he bothers?

His father in law is so loaded even with ‘insider info’ I doubt it makes all that much difference to him.