Scully

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, oowee said:

The wealth is stolen from the citizens and should be taken back. No one has the right to be above anyone else. The privilege of royalty pervades our institutions at the highest level. A grace and favour society that protects its own. Thousands of acres of land, thousands of properties, rights and entitlements to positions of influence that are immeasurable. 

It belongs to us and should be taken back. 

Maximilian Robespierre springs to mind. 😂😂😂

Hello, if the Royals have that much money maybe they should pay better salaries to the lower ranks in the household, the days of scullery maids on 1 shilling and sixpence a week are long gone, and at this moment what money they get from the UK tax payers would help millions in desperate need with fuel and food poverty, 

A least Harry has actually served in the armed forces and won medals, not like some of the royals who are only figure heads for the forces they represent. I say he has served his time and no one can take that away.

Has it been said what uniform he will be wearing, i would think it will be from the unit he went to war in not some ceremonial uniform that he had nothing to do with. 

12 minutes ago, peck said:

A least Harry has actually served in the armed forces and won medals, not like some of the royals who are only figure heads for the forces they represent. I say he has served his time and no one can take that away.

Has it been said what uniform he will be wearing, i would think it will be from the unit he went to war in not some ceremonial uniform that he had nothing to do with. 

Blues and Royals I believe.

Edited by Rem260

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Anyone who does not like the British system is free to go and live elsewhere.

Ah well LB. The riposte to that is this:

And anyone who doesn't like others expressing their contrary views and opinions (to a system that has an unelected single family from which the hereditary ruler comes) is free to go and live in North Korea. 

Touche! LOL! 

6 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Blues and Royals I believe.

Household Cavalry Regiment. The "Blues and Royals" and the Life Guards being part of said same. 

21 minutes ago, peck said:

A least Harry has actually served in the armed forces and won medals, not like some of the royals who are only figure heads for the forces they represent.

So too did Prince Andrew in the Falklands being a decoy it is said or claimed (hovering in his helicopter at few yards above wave height) to take the full force of any Exocet missile aimed at the ships of the task force at anchor. Whatever else his later sins and peccadilloes he did also serve.

Edited by enfieldspares

25 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

So too did Prince Andrew in the Falklands being a decoy it is said or claimed (hovering in his helicopter at few yards above wave height) to take the full force of any Exocet missile aimed at the ships of the task force at anchor. Whatever else his later sins and peccadilloes he did also serve.

The story i heard was at the first sign of trouble they bundled him into a helicopter and flew over the skyline and hoovered  till it was safe to come back , by folk that where there 

As an aside but relevant, would we be better off if we had a Putin or Biden in charge as President or even Macron.   I am more than happy to continue with our system thanyou.   All of this scare stories about winter crisis etc etc., then people will just have to cut their cloth as the old saying goes.  Learn to live without that new car, new tattoo even new gun.  Stop wasting food etc etc.   Stop smoking and drinking etc etc etc.

4 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

As an aside but relevant, would we be better off if we had a Putin or Biden in charge as President or even Macron.   I am more than happy to continue with our system thanyou.   All of this scare stories about winter crisis etc etc., then people will just have to cut their cloth as the old saying goes.  Learn to live without that new car, new tattoo even new gun.  Stop wasting food etc etc.   Stop smoking and drinking etc etc etc.

you might be happy these dross enjoy the best of the best while everyone else struggles but I’m not privilege comes with a duty to have standards and morals above others so able to set the bench mark they aim for this dross don’t even come close to it 

20 hours ago, oowee said:

The wealth is stolen from the citizens and should be taken back. No one has the right to be above anyone else. The privilege of royalty pervades our institutions at the highest level. A grace and favour society that protects its own. Thousands of acres of land, thousands of properties, rights and entitlements to positions of influence that are immeasurable. 

what do you suggest should happen to the 1000s of acres of land,

the 1000s properties and the thousand plus tenants that live and work in or on those properties and lands ?

would you have the lands sold of to energy companies who would build windfarms and solar farms? or perhaps housing developers , could be a great opportunity for the rewilding bods to get hold of some great agricultural to ruin, or even quarrying companies,

the properties could be sold to developers for a pittance and the tenants thrown out on to the streets , it would be a great opportunity for the fat cats to get Fatter ! 

I believe some years ago there was a straw poll done ref to abolish the crown and it was a Brexit style close run thing in their favour. I am truly offended/disturbed by how they get the best of everything without doing any normal work as per the Dutch / Danish style monarchies do where so many trough feeder 3rd cousins once removed are not allowed in to feed. But I am not a monarchist and believe all wealth should be created by a person and then rightfully passed down the line, the royals on the other hand way back in time did rob it all from the common man in the UK and Ireland who do not it seems to be demanding an apology and reparations like our ex colonies do.

20 hours ago, oowee said:

This

The country is in decline with a stale political system that likes to keep the status quo.

If we want real change and an improved life for everyone, we need to modernise society, starting with the way we are governed.

The monarchy represents repression.

20 hours ago, Weihrauch17 said:

This, the Queen is the end of the line.  Charles taking millions in cash in carrier bags from Bin Laden's family and getting hundreds of millions of inheritance tax waived whilst a bankrupt Britain pays god knows how much for the huge pomp and security costs of the last week and a bit.  Oowee is correct the Royal wealth was stolen and we are being taken for mugs.  Charles will also break the great taboo of not being Political.

And this.

The whole concept of a Royal family (and the church with which it's entwined) has no place in modern society, it's just outdated.

I wonder how many on here would be so keen on the monarchy if they were all anti shooting?

5 hours ago, loriusgarrulus said:

At least most of the Royals work. Often long hours up to 7 days a week and well past retirement age. 🤷‍♀️

I keep hearing this.

Can someone please explain just what it is they do that's such hard and vital work?

Edited by Wymondley

6 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

the 1000s properties and the thousand plus tenants that live and work in or on those properties and lands ?

would you have the lands sold of to energy companies who would build windfarms and solar farms? or perhaps housing developers , could be a great opportunity for the rewilding bods to get hold of some great agricultural to ruin, or even quarrying companies,

the properties could be sold to developers for a pittance and the tenants thrown out on to the streets , it would be a great opportunity for the fat cats to get Fatter ! 

Nope, they'd stay as they are, but the income would go straight to the gov't not to one private institution. 

Just like other state owned land and property.

33 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

Why would you want to do that? 

Surely they should be treated as state assets? 

31 minutes ago, Wymondley said:

The monarchy represents repression.

And this.

The whole concept of a Royal family (and the church with which it's entwined) has no place in modern society, it's just outdated.

I wonder how many on here would be so keen on the monarchy if they were all anti shooting?

^^^^^^ This. Surely we have moved on from this repression? 

29 minutes ago, oowee said:

Surely they should be treated as state ***

Surely they should be treated as state assets? 

I don't,  I want things left as they are safe in the hands of the Monarchy ! the state assets are never safe, just look at what became of the state owned gas and water companies and other state owned utilities, sold off for a pittance and taken over by firms that run them into the ground making vast amounts  but charge the customers exurbanite and ever increasing rates ! 

Edited by derbyduck