Menopause bewilderment

Dawsie

It’s menopause time in our house, bloody hell, how come husbands and kids aren’t sent on a course so we can be prepared for the monster that lurks within the normally loving wife.

I’m starting to think I need hrt, it’s not good in our house at the moment, any advice (other than hide in the shed).

59 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

At least you will be warm in bed! Stop moaning and think how much you will save on heating bills.😂

The problem with that is when the bed cover's get removed cus of Mrs D's thermostats U/S I end up with hypothermia, and when i light the fire she opens the back door moaning its too warm and i get it in the neck again. I keep telling her to kip on the bench down the garden. 

My wife went through the change - she changed into the Virgin Mary!!!

4 minutes ago, Dougy said:

The problem with that is when the bed cover's get removed cus of Mrs D's thermostats U/S I end up with hypothermia, and when i light the fire she opens the back door moaning its too warm and i get it in the neck again. I keep telling her to kip on the bench down the garden. 

I have offered to set up a tent for her in the garden - would save a bomb on heating!!!

On another note - in the Wokery of the world that this is now, where I work put out a communication for World Menopause Month (I wish it was only a month) asking

"would you ask a female colleague how they are coping with the menopause" - to which I responded I wouldn't even ask my wife (although she is vocal enough without prompting) or I would have my head ripped off

been there done it got the tee shirt seen the film.......................total hell...........its not a matter of going to the doc's and getting HRT.....she can get it right first time...but sometimes it takes a few goes....and when it is right and at the right level...........

beware ....she will wear you out...:lol:

My wife has been going through it for over 10 years or more, apart from mood swings the main thing, as already mentioned, is being hot all the time, even in Winter we have the windows open and she sleeps on her own with a large fan blowing on her all night, I feel the cold terribly so it's been a constant reason for arguements. Then, about 6 weeks back it all came to a head and I made her an appointment to see our GP, he gave her HRT tablets and now she's cold all the time but it has made her a lot more calm.

My wife won't take HRT

We have had some hoolies which has resulted in me sleeping on the couch due to the weather being bad and me wanting to close the windows

things like 'You have no consideration for...." when for 364 nights I have had to listen to the wind howling or actually cold in bed.

Puzzle me this though - she want's it cold but goes to bed with a hot water bottle - the only time I go to bed with one is when I am ill.

As an Ex-Squaddie who done plenty of winter exercises in Germany (1987 Flying Falcon if anybody remembers that one!!! It was bucking cold - still have the frostnip on my ears) you learn not to be cold when you don't have to!!!

5 years? 10 years? you must be joking, my wife had HRT for 8 years calmed her down and was manageable. Doc took her of them as he said thy can cause other problems if taken for too long. With in a month she had turned into a ragging lunatic and so unpredictable you wouldn't believe. This was 10 years ago in her 60ties, We have a home in Turkey and can get an HRT cause for a year for £56 and things got back to normal with no side effects. she is now in her mid 70ies still throwing the duvet off in the middle of the night and complaining that I don't know what its like and don't know how lucky I am!  

From a very early age most women suffer monthly periods, often uncomfortable, accompanied by PMT / PMS. Then just as it comes to an end along comes the menopause !! It can’t be easy for them. And in the words of Mrs dead eye Alan we (men) don’t know what it’s like and don’t know how lucky we are. So true.

There is no easy answer to the OP other than being as supportive as will be allowed. We are in our 70’s and the duvet syndrome still occasionally takes place. 

4 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

Yes, HRT.

Many women seem to want to battle through it themselves. Why they would want to do that, I have no idea.

It really does work wonders, to return a woman back to her usual miserable self (joking, of course)

Not always an option unfortunately: my wife can't have it as it massively increases her already high (genetic) risk of developing breast cancer...