Forum problems

sitsinhedges

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some on this forum who use it as a means of contacting the outside world. I believe I know one of them.

There are others who derive a great deal of enjoyment and knowledge from it.

The hierarchy of PW should at least offer an explanation as to the difficulties members have experienced in logging on.

1 hour ago, manthing said:

So, this shows as locked last night but I can still reply??

Not sure why it was locked.

Screenshot_20230831_131807_Chrome.jpg

There were two threads running on the same subject, Shaun locked one while i merged them both, the one they were merged into was not locked so everyone could continue to comment on the new thread.

4 minutes ago, Cornish lad said:

Hi guys looking for some advice ,for some reason pigeon watch has stopped working  to my WiFi in the house yet connects away from it all my other forums and everything else works fine any ideS gratefully recieved cheers

Could be a number of possible reasons. Has your router stopped forwarding - i.e. can you connect to other sites while at home. 

Do you get an error?

The forum has been having issues a well *** they are currently migrating to a new host with their provider

9 hours ago, Jaymo said:

I’m just worried I may miss out on some red carts before TC see’s them! 

I am pretty sure that the seller get in touch with T C before the cartridges are listed , and then given him the precise G M T when they will be listed , there he is having a nice cup of tea and bang on at 11 minutes past 7 they come up for sale , a minute later the man himself put a message out with something like , come on chaps where are you ? , now if that isn't taken the urine then I don't know what is :lol:  :drinks: 

22 hours ago, JDog said:

There are others who derive a great deal of enjoyment and knowledge from it.

The hierarchy of PW should at least offer an explanation as to the difficulties members have experienced in logging on.

I think some people on here should re-examine their priorities in life if the occasional unresponsiveness on an internet forum is causing them mental anguish.

As a reminder, this a free service, run on the side by people who have to make a living and also have families and other commitments.

Maybe, I dunno, go out shooting?  Just how many threads about "what you had for your tea" do you need to read?

22 hours ago, JDog said:

here are some on this forum who use it as a means of contacting the outside world. I believe I know one of them.

That is frankly grossly unfair that you would attempt to put that on the moderation team.  If this person really is struggling and/or is cut off from the outside world, and you know this to be the case, it is incumbent on you to help.  There are any number of charitable organisations who could help you in this regard.  Age Concern or the NGO spring immediately to mind.

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I think some people on here should re-examine their priorities in life if the occasional unresponsiveness on an internet forum is causing them mental anguish.

As a reminder, this a free service, run on the side by people who have to make a living and also have families and other commitments.

Maybe, I dunno, go out shooting?  Just how many threads about "what you had for your tea" do you need to read?

That is frankly grossly unfair that you would attempt to put that on the moderation team.  If this person really is struggling and/or is cut off from the outside world, and you know this to be the case, it is incumbent on you to help.  There are any number of charitable organisations who could help you in this regard.  Age Concern or the NGO spring immediately to mind.

If the "wot we 'ad for tea"..section annoys you .....then dontbother to click on it ...simple.............it is one of the few sections that make me larf....and it is real....posted by real people

many of the posts are made by shooters (ex) that shot pigeons before the advent of rotarys and lithium batteries...we used to make do with cardboard cut outs from the Shooting times that we used to paint grey 

many of us are cut off from society..and we treat this forum as a meeting place ...is that wrong ??

this forum is free...and i like many have offered a small yearly payment to keep it going........but remember the forum contuines to remain alive as it makes a profit thro advertising fro the owner...if it didnt we wouldnt be having this conversation

just chill out and refind your sense of humour ...

takes allsorts to make a world