Sycamore Gap

shaun4860

The famous Sycamore tree at Sycamore Gap in Northumberland was felled last night by a vandal with a chainsaw.

A 16 year old has been arrested and is “helping police with their enquiries”

What was going through his mind 🤷🏻‍♂️ it beggars belief.

This was the most photographed tree in the UK, arguably the world.

Made even more famous after appearing in Kevin Costners version of Robin Hood.

What is the world coming too 🤔

:shaun:

IMG_0258.jpeg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Centrepin said:

Maybe a cuddle, a holiday abroad and a grant towards his next venture is more likely.

Could be right i feel sorry for the police watching a police programme on tv they do there job and the courts hand out trivial sentences I honestly feel the judges are out of touch and although its a famous tree the guys a teenager and didn't commit a murder  

Disgusting act, what is this country coming to.

When I was a lad, I can't imagine looking at my parents in the eyes if I'd done something like that and if I had, I imagine they'd have dragged me to the police station themselves, probably after a thrashing off my father, he'd have been disgusted at me.

1 hour ago, shaun4860 said:

The famous Sycamore tree at Sycamore Gap in Northumberland was felled last night by a vandal with a chainsaw.

A 16 year old has been arrested and is “helping police with their enquiries”

What was going through his mind 🤷🏻‍♂️ it beggars belief.

This was the most photographed tree in the UK, arguably the world.

Made even more famous after appearing in Kevin Costners version of Robin Hood.

What is the world coming too 🤔

IMG_0258.jpeg

Its even featured in a detective murder mystery>  What is wrong with people these days?

Blackpowder

Speaking as a coppicer who fells chestnut stems for fencing most days, I have to admit I baulk at the notion of felling larger, mature hardwoods- on the basis they will have been around on this earth a lot loger than I have. If necessary, through disease etc (ie. ash dieback), I will possibly do it but if asked to fell a mature oak for example, for no other reason than its in the way I'll most likely refuse. But that's just me, I guess

1 hour ago, welsh1 said:

I simply cannot fathom why someone would want to do this, 15 mins of fame? it's just wanton destruction.

I hope the person who did it goes to jail for a long time.

Why would someone want to stab and kill an innocent 15 year old school girl, there are absolutely no moral standards in some people and that's it.  Mainly I guess to the punishment never fitting the crime by a country mile unless you are a motorist.  Was typing whilst MM posted and didn't see it hence the two posts being very similar.

Edited by Weihrauch17

11 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

Why would someone want to stab and kill an innocent 15 year old school girl, there are absolutely no moral standards in some people and that's it.  Mainly I guess to the punishment never fitting the crime by a country mile unless you are a motorist.  Was typing whilst MM posted and didn't see it hence the two posts being very similar.......

....... and a completely different topic !? 🙄

Definitely an unacceptable act of vandalism,,,, why ?!

Also, on looking at some images online, there appears to be a chunk of the trunk missing ? 🤷🤔

Edited by JKD