Fish & Chips is now a luxury

old'un

If we don't go out on Saturday we usually get a takeaway, wife decided she fancied fish (cod) and chips and a pot of curry sauce, so I went to my local chippy and ordered two portions, nearly fell over when he asked for £22, what's the prices like by you.

Looking at the above, the price at ours is about average then, I will add that the cod was large.

Talking of takeaways the bloody Chinese put their prices up last weekend, now just under £20 for two chicken curry, one portion of fried rice and one of chips.

Our village chippy is probably on a par with the above prices, but as we never buy cod and chips for two, I wouldn`t really know.

I order a small cod and small chips. The piece of cod(sometimes consists of two pieces) is more than enough for both of us and the we end up throwing some of the chips away as there`s too much for both of us.

The cost therefore for us both is around £11.00. Everything is cooked while you wait and often get a free packet of chips while you wait.

If I was on my own, I would just ask for the free packet of chips as that would do me:whistling:

OB

50 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

When we go to Perth after we are  done  shopping the wife and i usually meet up at The Blue Laggon for lunch i have a full english £10'50 as there fish suppers £14'50

Nice to see someone who lives in Scotland referring to a ' full English '😄😊

Just now, 7daysinaweek said:

One of me old friends used to ask for 'finch, chimps and mushy bees' meaning fish chips and mushy peas, he would take great humor in the reaction and confusion from the the chippy staff.

Long rest his soul!

I see, thought something had gone wrong with your keyboard. :)

6 hours ago, old'un said:

If we don't go out on Saturday we usually get a takeaway, wife decided she fancied fish (cod) and chips and a pot of curry sauce, so I went to my local chippy and ordered two portions, nearly fell over when he asked for £22, what's the prices like by you?

6 hours ago, old'un said:

Regular haddock and chips twice, just over £15. I would say both fish were more like large.

11 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Aye while you get black pudding theres no haggis or fruit pudding in fact they swapped the square sausage for 2 link sausages so its got to be English 

Not good Bob, as much as I love the proper deal, haggis, fruit pudding and square sausage is proper food 👌 The bakers in Arran this year was exceptional for haggis breakfasts

5 minutes ago, yates said:

Not good Bob, as much as I love the proper deal, haggis, fruit pudding and square sausage is proper food 👌 The bakers in Arran this year was exceptional for haggis breakfasts

Used to love a wee cafe did breakfasts till 2 pm full scottish about £12 with a fruit juice a cuppa and two slice of toast last time i went the bill was a bit more expencive after asking you had to pay for the drinks seperate , Great thing about being a pensioner you got loads of time to find all the good cheap eating places but everywhere seems to be jumping up in price