An interesting viewpoint on the forthcoming General Election.

TIGHTCHOKE

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Dr. Jordan Peterson: Britain will be 'Venezuela for 20 years' if Starmer wins the next election.

A bit of context would be good?

I don't really see much difference between the cons and labour these days, especially on issues like overpopulation and immigration, high taxation, the NHS, and looney green policys.

It's in the Telegraph behind a paywall - I read it the other day, on one of the handful of free views you are allowed each month. From memory, there wasn't much to illuminate the statement, but I was hungover - I think it just serves the purpose of that particular paper, which is to try and terrify pepole into line in a fairly Blimpish way.

Before everyone jumps on, I'm not a huge fan of the Labour Party, and I certiantly don't appreciate their view's on 'the right to roam', private schools or country sports - but really? Venezuela?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/12/17/jordan-peterson-britain-venezuela-for-20-years-labour-wins/#:~:text=Britain will be “Venezuela for,would be a “catastrophe”.

18 minutes ago, old'un said:

Full article here….https://archive.is/O69f0

He is right in what he is saying. The Labour Party is broken  ( and so the tories)  Starmer could at one point. Not Identify  what a woman was , this gender issue brought. The downfall of the SNP leader.  Think I read somewhere in the UK  a teacher is in prison. Because he would. Not agree. To a pupil who was been  mis gendered. 

Our country is been invaded by all these boat people arriving  and all folks  can do is talk about how. They Identify. 

20 minutes ago, discobob said:

The steepness of the downward trend??? Labour will be a cliff edge, whereas Conservatives is a slope you could chase cheese down

That is an excellent analogy.

Though, on thinking about it....I will say that the previous New Labour administration was death hired armies of civil servants and resulted in avalanches of legislation.  Subsequent governments have barely slowed that down.  The public sector is now so bloated and full of openly-Labour supporters that there's no stopping 'the blob', only diverting its attention and reacting to consultations.

When we're inevitably dragged, kicking and screaming, back into the ponzi scheme that is the EU, they'll be so busy trying to work out  how  legislation they've invented marries up with the EU stuff (that other member states continue to ignore unless convenient) that we might even get break.

My that's depressing for a Monday morning. 🤣

Back on topic, JP is becoming a bit of a parody of himself.  He's got some good advice for young men going through an educational environment that actively seems to hate them.  But beyond that, I find his analysis of politics occasionally spot on, occasionally wildly off.  But I suppose he is also the product of his environment, i.e. the 'progressive' hell-scape that is Canadian Politics with that Blair 2.0 creature, ****-eau. 

2 hours ago, oowee said:

Including the supernatural. 

I assume you mean his new-found enthusiasm for the 'mythology' in the book of Genesis? 

2 hours ago, discobob said:

The steepness of the downward trend??? Labour will be a cliff edge, whereas Conservatives is a slope you could chase cheese down

Agreed, however ultimately it's not far off the same destination, which is why I'll vote for neither of them. 

The fact the Cons think they can oust BJ and Liz Truss and reinstall David Cameron should tell us all the contempt they hold those who voted for Brexit, it's almost like they had a plan all along 🤔

41 minutes ago, armsid said:

If Starmer wins heaven forbid it will enable BLAIR to go for EU president unelected like the rest of the beurocrats   just imgine Blair jetting round the world in BLAIRFORCE ONE and then preaching to us about climate change yuk!

🤣 I doubt he would want the drop in salary or influence.

1 minute ago, enfieldspares said:

And under the Tories it will become what? Also Venezuela. But quicker. In fact in terms of corruption and cronyism the Tories have already made the UK into Venezuela.

Just watching some of that Mone corruption stuff. I hope a whole life term is possible. 

59 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, she cannot be the only one who has made money from government contracts during the time the UK was hit with Covid

That is the problem there was that many with their snouts in the trough we will never know and there seems to be nobody trying to retrieve any of the losses back 

What folk seem to have forgotten, is that the world suddenly had this unknown, Chinese-made plague descend upon them, which appeared to kill sufferers in unprecedented numbers and for which there appeared to be no cure, other than isolation.

The government took what they perceived to be the most appropriate steps.

Throw money at developing a vaccine, throw money at buying up what scarce protective equipment there was (when everyone else in the world was doing the same) and impose quarantine.

Yes, had there been more time, more stringent checks on the spend should have been imposed, yes, lowlives like Mone and others benefitted unduly, but, what was the alternative?

In the main, the UK populace responded well. PW members made protective equipment for free, as did others

Yes, we can all now say that things might have done differently, but I fail to see what a Labour government could have done better. Corruption exists on both sides of the House.

Hindsight is wonderful.

Edited by amateur