Tattoo's??

Nublue 22

Right boys and girl's, Tattoo's, could I please ask you all if you have had one and many years later do you regret it? My daughter who is  in her early twentys want one, I don't mind but I think in years to come there's some regret, might be wrong but just asking. 

Sometimes there is sometimes there isn't.

I much prefer not to see them on girls, ladies as it seems such a shame to cover a beautiful body. Just my preference and means nothing.

My ex wife had maybe 10 various tattoos. Nothing big, just the usual stuff like a rose here or there and such things. She hated them in later life and spent a lot getting rid of them. Don't really know why she had such a thing about them as they were mostly out of sight, the scars from being removed looked worse than the tattoos. She had them done early 20's and removed mid 30's.

On the other hand I see ladies very proud of theirs even much later in life. Most people seem to live for the moment and disregard what might be in later life.

I don't have any myself but often wished I had done. Actually went on two occasions only for them to be shut, I decided it was not meant to be.

I have 6

Got my first for my 40th so not quite the same as your daughter.

For my first I went to make an appointment thinking I might get a few days to mull it over.

He said you’re in luck I’ve had a cancellation 😮

So got it done straightaway.

Don’t regret any of them 23 and a half years later, got my last one about 3 months ago, don’t think I’m done yet.

:shaun:

It depends where a person has them. A mate of mine, when he was younger, had them on the back of his hands and on his neck/ throat. At the time, having them stopped him getting jobs, as they weren't so acceptable as they are today. My first tattoo was when I was 16 (under age of course) which was in 1973. Many more were had through the years, and my last one was last year, a gap of 20 years from the previous one. Most of mine are on my arms and legs, nothing below the wrist. I plan on one or two more this year which will be on my thighs.To date, I have 14. I don't regret any of them, and a few are in memory of my late son.

Edited by steve_b_wales

Yes I have one, no I don't regret it. It's a memorial tattoo. I wouldn't have one visible beyond a shirt and tie so no hands or neck. Tattoos on women? Not got a problem at all as long as they're tastefully done and quality work. 

I dont regret mine although one is terrible but then it brings back fond memories. If she wants one done I would try and persuade her to keep it small and discreet like on the back of her shoulder. I would also suggest going to the best studio that she can afford. Not sure where she is but there's a guy in Buckingham called Dean North who owns a studio called Forever Ink - if you can get an appointment it's well worth the travel as his work is outstanding.

I sometimes fancy having one but it would have to be in a prominent place. I wouldn't wont any that would force me to wear shorts or T shirts all winter, just so people would be able to admire them................ no matter how deep the snow

Our house hold rule is .decide on exactly the design you want .and then wait for 6 months .if you still want exactly that design then fine go ahead .if you have changed your mind on it then you have to wait another 6 months with the new design . Change the time frame to suit .it could be 12 months if you prefer  .

But if forces you to consider the long term consequences  .if you can't wait 6 months your too impulsive and a tattoo isn't the correct thing to do .

Also .ask her if she wants to change or alter her body why doesn't she sart with  her muscles or weight. Or hair  see the positive effects that can take you on before the ink .

1 hour ago, Robden said:

I know it's "each to their own" but what makes you have one in the first place, do you think they look nice? 

Do they hurt?

Each to their own, but I have never been able to understand why anyone would have one. 
Just my opinion but I think they look terrible, although I did once meet a young woman who had a ‘W’ on each buttock. When she bent over it said ‘WOW’.

I have 2 full sleeves from my wrists up to my neck and onto my shoulders I chose Japanese art had them done 25 years ago and still love them still like new ink very bright and I get many comments how great they look from all ages .never regretted it at all and it's never stopped me from getting jobs .I think it's about the style of tattoo you choose that's the point that can make you regret having them ! Tell your daughter to take her time once she has a particular design set on tell her to sit on it for a month but keep looking at other designs I can guarantee she will have chosen something else by that time that way she doesn't rush it and later on say oh I wish I had got that one know !! 

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

We haven't had a "Tattoo" thread for ages, a chance for those with "artwork" to show it off.

Unless the young lady has a discreet tattoo, she will look like a docker from the 1950s.

Did you not notice Alix on Sunday buddy :)

A thing to consider is a lot of tattoo designs people get are a trend that's in fashion at the time for example 

Late 90s early 2000's 

Japanese writing , star tattoos on your neck etc , strange " tribal " swirls , Barb wire ,  The tramp stamp aka the lower back tattoo for ladies 

Fast forward and at the moments its blokes with full sleeve tattoos with pocket watches on some sort of praying nun holding a crucifix without any religious beliefs or back ground but its what's in fashion 

For the ladies it seems to be feathers , flowers , butterflies or some strange chandelier type chest tattoo draped around there fun bags or a lotus flower slapped onto a chunky thigh.

Food for thought it terms on decisions once there on there on! 

I've got three I don't regret them

I have 4  , there's one on my Avatar  one of my dogs . I got treat for prostrate  cancer. In my mid 60s.  Thought. Hell why not get  one . Got both upper arms done. With Celtic knots and the cross of St. Breddan  , the saint. Of journeys 

Then the following  year. Both my dogs on my chest two springer. Spaniels 

9 hours ago, islandgun said:

I sometimes fancy having one but it would have to be in a prominent place. I wouldn't wont any that would force me to wear shorts or T shirts all winter, just so people would be able to admire them................ no matter how deep the snow

My tattoos are for me.

Yes you can now see the last two I have had done and they are on forearm.

They are to remind me what journey I have been on over the last couple of years (hard too forget really when you lose a leg 🤣)

I would never get a tattoo just for others to look at. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The moon one is circle of life and the writing one is what the nurses in hospital kept saying to me once I got my head round losing my leg and dealing with getting back to normal.

:shaun:

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

1 hour ago, shaun4860 said:

My tattoos are for me.

Yes you can now see the last two I have had done and they are on forearm.

They are to remind me what journey I have been on over the last couple of years (hard too forget really when you lose a leg 🤣)

I would never get a tattoo just for others to look at. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The moon one is circle of life and the writing one is what the nurses in hospital kept saying to me once I got my head round losing my leg and dealing with getting back to normal.

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

Im sure there are thousands of reasons to have a tat, my offspring sport a few. Given all the **** going on in the world, my advice to them is if it gives you pleasure then fill your boots

1 hour ago, islandgun said:

Im sure there are thousands of reasons to have a tat, my offspring sport a few. Given all the **** going on in the world, my advice to them is if it gives you pleasure then fill your boots

Yep, agreed, while they are able?

7 hours ago, samboy said:

I had loads done in the mid 60s. Now i'm an old boy they have become faded and wrinkly so i wish i never had them done.

A friend of ours restores faded and blurry tattoos. She is also busy removing tattoos. 
My daughter has quite a few, but she is a budding tattooist.