Citizen army

islandgun

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

revamp and upskill the terrortorial army.......good wage and benifits....and proper bloody training...firing offplenty of rounds and

other ordance..........also maybe give employers decent tax breaks and help when employing a terra' employee

4 minutes ago, ditchman said:

revamp and upskill the terrortorial army.......good wage and benifits....and proper bloody training...firing offplenty of rounds and

other ordance..........also maybe give employers decent tax breaks and help when employing a terra' employee

The territorial army is now known as the reserves, do you think they would give them good wage and benefits when they don't give the regulars any of that, the reserves have been filling the spaces on operations for years.

15 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

This guy is bang out of order for suggesting it.  NATO has 3.5 million troops and personnel.  Russia can't take Ukraine so not sure how they are going to manage Europe. Just more project fear to terrorise youngsters.

they have plenty of troops and resources while ever the Yanks keep bank rolling NATO.

remember what Donald told Europe, especially the Hermans the last time he was in the White House? 

Ha ha ha.   Had this bloke been using the bottle..  back when i was I was a kid my father used to bang on about how the hooligans needed a spell of national service and a dose of The Sargent major. Quick and bloody lively.  Minor problem here the idea of cannon fodder armed with a pitchfork didn't really cut it and that's why it was knocked on the head. IF you  are going to have a force suitable to put up a creditable performance against any force that has fought it's way across Europe and across the English  Channel it's got to be trained and armed with the current weapons. Now considering the financial considerations of the country they might be asked to supply there own pitchfork.  Dad's army style.  I've got a  223 and NO captain Manwarring isn't going to commandeer it. 

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I don't think hes wrong to raise it. Soldiers take a long time to train, when they are knocking on  the door it's way to late. We've never been weaker. Significant investment is required across the board regarding armed forces, not necessarily conscription but that clearly wasn't his intent. 

With all the conflicts around the world and our zest for uncontrolled immigration we need some sort of protection because the danger lies within our own borders and we don.t know how well trained they are.

4 minutes ago, armsid said:

With all the conflicts around the world and our zest for uncontrolled immigration we need some sort of protection because the danger lies within our own borders and we don.t know how well trained they are.

This as recent protests have proven, millions of people here who hate us and our culture.  Our Politicians are insane, the army won't be fighting Russia but managing a civil war here.

Edited by Weihrauch17

Well as the the Tory Government wasn't prepared to trust me with a self-loading rifle in 1988 let not the Tory Government of 2024 ask me to let them trust me with one now. My advice to them is remove the magazine (it'll be less painful) and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. There was a cost free body of people who at their own expense maintained themselves with modern skills at arms with modern self-loading rifles. The Tory Government in 1988 decided that they no longer be permitted to do so. So as said how dare the present Tory Government have the gall to ask them to do so now.

8 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

how dare the present Tory Government have the gall to ask them to do so now.

They aren't. The article states the govt are not. But this bloke is on the plonk advising it.

Edit...

Oooo BBC have changed the wording and removed the line stating the govt were not... 

Edited by ShootingEgg

Please! Do they really think people will queue up to be cannon fodder? We spent a hundred years trying to recover from the disgusting waste of human life that was the First World War. Would you trust the establishment that they will value the lives of their soldiers? At least when they are professional soldiers they are expensive to loose. 

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: 
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

16 minutes ago, ehb102 said:

Please! Do they really think people will queue up to be cannon fodder? We spent a hundred years trying to recover from the disgusting waste of human life that was the First World War. Would you trust the establishment that they will value the lives of their soldiers? At least when they are professional soldiers they are expensive to loose. 

Go to war and get blown to pieces so some British billionaire who owns a gas and oil firm doesn’t get his assets stolen by a Russian billionaire who owns an oil and gas firm. 

No thanks. 

these days people are in education until the early 20s you can go to university doing PE and media studies or whatever and then enter the working world in the early 20s. If you want to be a soldier you'll be a soldier but its just not an attractive enough a preposition to people who are on the fence.  You start on 18k a year and are still only making about 30-35k a year as a screw. thats the experienced back bones of the fighting unit on the same as a call center worker and not a rank you'll achieve in a year of 2 of just towing the line.

no level of advertisement or beating on the patriotic drum will  turn that around until professional soldiers are treated as professional tradesmen ready to do the trade.

Edited by Sweet11-87

6 hours ago, bluesj said:

Is there a ban or are they just using it all?

Neither, the demand for it is so low and the restrictions on importing, storing and shipping powder is so great that the importers don't think its worth the bother for what they make out of it.

Also the RFDs are so strapped for cash that they can't afford to stock up when it does become available. 

How would it with the LGBT lot if conscripted. 
its true what they say years ago boys lied about their age to go and fight, today boys lie about their sex to win in female sports.  Heavan help us all if it came to the woke generation to save us. 

Only when I see Rishi gearing up for a stint on the front line will I ever even consider signing up or being conscripted. A couple years in prison would be preferable to be murdered on a battlefield for rich men with small ***** and big egos.