That it .

Gunman

Hope you have a healthy, active and long retirement! Are you gonna keep your hand in?

he is a retired gynocoligist of coarse he will keep his hand in............ :lol: .............

...........seriously you will be so busy you will wonder how you ever found time to work.......................you are going to have fun... :good:

Hope we are still going to hear from you mate,Do Not want you having withdrawal sypmtoms.lol.

Keep us guessing on here and advice is always handy off a Proffesional..

Thanks for being a good mate on the Forum.

Top it off:::::CONGRATULATIONS::::

LIVE Long ::: Die Quick:: Hopefully after all the Monies have Gone.lol.

Today I have cleared my bench and packed away all my tools and tomorrow will be my last day of full time work ,not that I will be doing much .

Retirement here I come . :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Hope you like Morrisons', Tesco's, Asda and all ports in between ! It is great and congratulations on making it. ENJOY !

I 'retired' last year although you wouldn't know it. You have to go on a special course to learn how to drive at ten miles an hour below the speed limit in the middle lane and how to block a supermarket isle both ways with your trolley while you rummage in the freezer.

The worst thing (and this is being serious now) is once you start putting 'retired' on forms and things you start to become a target for all sorts of salesmen. Your data gets sold on very quickly.

Edited by Vince Green

It's always nice to hear people who have made it to retirement, and still fit as a lop! All the very best to you Sir, and as others have rightly said! Enjoy your retirement!

My old man took an early retirement due to ill health many years ago after suffering 3 heart attacks. Money was a little tight! But him and Mum got there in the end. He had 3 pensions as well as the State to fall back on. Military (RAF) EMI and Rowntrees. If I remember rightly he cashed in the EMI and Rowntree ones to live on until his official retirement! Lucky for him he HAD them.

Now Mum is retired also and their combined pensions keep them ticking over AND they provide food for the food bank and church every week bless em :good:

I love to hear happy news, and this is one of those moments were you get a warm fuzzy feeling! Have you thought about doing the odd job out of your shed as a hobby?

My old man was going potty becuase he worked from 15 (bar 6 month) all of his life until he reached 61, Provided for a family of 6 and bought the house. We were always called names at school, as we never had much! hand me down clothes etc, and never had a holiday abroad! But we had LOVE and we were happy as kids! I owe him a great deal. He spends time in the garden now, and I take him fishing now and then, and clay shooting once, his shoulder and neck turned a dark shade of black with the bruising :lol: so no more clay bashing for him! Took them both Caravanning, On Holiday to Norfolk etc. It's great they both made it to retirement age. I know quite a few people who almost made it, only for cruel circumstances to rob them of the chance to enjoy it!

ATVB chap! Now go and have some fun!

Well done on reaching retirement make sure you enjoy it. My old man retired at 50 and spent the next 20 years following the Grand Prix circuit, lucky ***. Me on the other hand will be in the generation that will work until we drop.

This has just occurred to me I'm going to bloody well die with a spanner in my hand worked hard from 16 and I'm probably not going to get a rest before popping off to see the big man

This has just occurred to me I'm going to bloody well die with a spanner in my hand worked hard from 16 and I'm probably not going to get a rest before popping off to see the big man

Previous generations to our parents did just that, no pensions for then workers back then.

Hope you like Morrisons', Tesco's, Asda and all ports in between ! It is great and congratulations on making it. ENJOY !

And Aldi,

I retired 6years ago and couldn't wait to do so, some find it hard to switch off from the rat race, not me. Miss the money but I / we are fit enough to enjoy it, at least up to now.

Enjoy your time retired you have earned it.